Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012

also, can we have a "Set Border Thickness" API ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012

I will add the NumberPad keys in a coming version.

"Set Border Thickness"? Could you show an example to use it?-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2012 edited

i have a black background with shapes of different colours, including black, on it,

currently I'm using a white border to show which shape is selected, but then the black shape is invisible...

i want to give all shapes a small white border and have the selected shape with a larger white border... :/

and yay NumberPad :D
    How hard would it be to make a Google Drive app? That's the really cheap, good looking approach to single person or collab editing, plus auto save, very nice for editing or running games.-----------------
    Tumblr full of random stuff
    For the file saving API, could there be a "setFilePath" method, then "save[Variable]ToFile" and "load[Variable]FromFile" methods use the file path? This enables automatic saving potential, which in turn can be used by external programs to mess about with the file as they please, such as a Java server that reads the files from various clients and combines them into one file, and then sends them back out to be read by the CIPlayer.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2012

@BioManiac R2,
    I misunderstood your request as "change play field border thickness".
    I will add the SetShapeBorderThickness API.

@skyminerMC-CI,
    up to now, CI editor is an online Flash app. Flash has many security limit. Online Flash apps can't save/load files without showing a File Save/Load dialog.
    SetFilePath is more impossible.

However I have the plan to transform the editor to a Adobe AIR app, which has no security limit. An AIR app can save designs in your Google Drive directory.
    I also plan to enhance the save/load feature on Phyard.

Currrently, you can register a Phayrd account and save your designs there. The file size limit for general members is 100k. For CIF advanced members, it is 5M.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2012

Thanks Tapir! :D as soon as you add the API I will finish it and publish it on phyard :D ! please do it soon :D !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012

I added the geometry/SetShapeBorderThickness API-----------------
    •  

yayyy!!! :D thanks Tapir! you are the best !!!
    •  

this is a request for PhYard, Tapir I would really love for there to be a rating system on it, since as of now, the way a design becomes well known and popular is if the person has many views, which is easily manipulated, and i've seen MANY designs on PhYard that i would consider garbage and personally I dislike seeing them on the top of the "Hot Designs" tab... i know this may require a lot of work on your part but please do put this on the to do list... for the sake of PhYard!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012

This is mainly caused the low quantity of active users.
    Currently, the visits to Phyard is very low.

I promise there will be more features on Phyard.com. But it is not now. :(-----------------
    • CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited

Hewwo. Is da sum1. *decides to use grammar* Ok, that's better. So, I have three requests:

1) You know that "Entity Custom Properties" menu in the scripter? Put a tab in the entity settings menu to change their initial settings for all individual entities, like with the other properties.

2) Also let them have defaults for all entities, like the default density is 5.

3) Make the True/False buttons checkboxes. I don't know, I just like them better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012

1)
    You can set initial values for Entity Custom Properties, not?

2)
    I will add a default settings feature later.

3)
    There will be variations for boolean value controls.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2012 edited

@Tapir:
    1) I think he means an individual value for each entity. It is a really needed feature.

(What's difference between World variables and Common Global variables, I wonder?)

And I'd like to have common functions.

And make the background around the viewport go white when the player field is masked.

And make "Set Camera Center" function.

And "Copy Array" function.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

ok, for the first request, I see.
    It has been requested several times. I will try to add it sooner.

A world has many scenes, a scene has many entities.
    So there is 3 variable scopes: World / Scene (current global variables) / Entity (current called custom entity proeprites).
    To make it clear, I will rename the "global variable" to "scene variable", and "custom entity proeprites" to "entity variable".

About the "Common Global variables", they are a set of common variables for all scenes, just like the "custom entity proeprites" for all entities in a scene.
    So that, in an any scene, it can asscess the "Common Global variables" of other scenes.
    This is not a good implementation, I will add other implementations for this intention.
    currently, this is mainly useful the merged "UI and rules" scene to get proepties of the base scene.
    (btw, currently, it is best to call the MergeScene ApI in an OnBeforeLevelInited event handler)

And yes, the common function is very necessary. It will be next feature to be implemented.

The mask layer color is just the scene background color.

SetCameraCenter? you can follow camera a non-physics shape and set the non-physics shape's position.

The ConcatArray API can be used to clone arrays, just set one parameter null.-----------------
    •  

@Tapir: "The mask layer color is just the scene background color." - That's the problem! If there is no border in the viewport, I can't tell if the place I click belongs to the viewport or the mask layer. And clicking the mask layer doesn't call the "On World Mouse Click" event.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2012

I see. It will be chagned in the next update.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

Sorry for being inactive lately!
    I have some suggestions for VoDoCi on Android and iOS, to make the app more user-friendly. I will post them with screenshots later this week.
    Also, thanks for adding new tools, like URL and screen related APIs into the editor. They will be useful!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012

Yes, I fell players are not happy when starting to play this game.
    But I don't know how to improve it.
    Currently, I just added some hint texts for new players to tell them to draw gestures.

Very look forward to your suggestions.

btw, thank your review on the VoDoCI Free version for Android. :)-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012 edited

By the way, I just realized the music was made by Kevin MacLeod. Seems that I first saw him there, and then at my favorite youtube channel. He makes just AWESOME music.

Here we go with some requests

Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000)
    Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10 custom ROM)
    1GHz processor (single core), 512MB RAM
    Not overclocked
    Screen: 480x800

I might be upgrading to Nexus 4 soon.

1. The gesture system.

(url)

As seen here, my attempt to draw a star is interrupted by some time limit or so. This means I don't have enough time to complete the star (though it worked anyway). (I had some developer modes on to show you what I mean)
    Also, I would like an option to fully hide the green track. It's quite weird looking for a mobile game.

2. Menu theme

(url)

In my opinion, it looks a bit dull. I'd except a title screen to look better than that. It needs a picture that fits the theme. You should have your name here, and other credits in an "About" menu. Also, the level selection menu should have some background. This just makes the game feel higher quality.

3. Buttons
    In my opinion, not all buttons do have to be used by swiping. They're still there, so why not make them normal? For example, the title screen could be normal.

4. Music
    It has a slight scratching noise when it restarts. Might be my mistake. Might not. It anyway needs better remixing, if you ask me.

5. Win screen
    I personally don't like the green thumb-up. I wouldn't recommend the overused three-star thing either.
    How about a window similar to the one in CI remake with a small thumb up? So that the message has both. It would look less awkward in my opinion.

(Might add more later.)

But you did a great job with the in-game visuals, the symbols on different balls work well and don't look awkward.

Also, why is there a gesture setup thing at the very first start-up?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2012 edited

Good suggestions!

1. I will make the time limit for painting gesture stroke longer.

And a settings/options screen. Now only one option: show/hide gesture lines. Maybe putting sound on/off here is good. Or don't show gestures totally?
    I will make a version without showing the drawn gestures and experience it.

2. I will add background for start/title and level-select screen.

And an about screen.

3. ok, I will make buttons support both gestures and noraml mouse-down triggered.

4. About music, I also noticed the restart problem.
    After some googlings, I found it is a problem of Flash Player.
    Flash Player will stop a while when restart a mp3 music.
    And for unknown reasons, it seems Adobe will not fix this problem.
    Using wav sound files is ok for seamless loop.
    Currtenly, for mp3 musics, the only acceptable solution is to make the music stop a while naturally at the begining or ending in the sound editor.
    (it seems the stop time of the current one is not long enough.)
    I will try to add wav file support sooner. A disadvantage is the file sie would be some larger.

5. I will redesgin the level-finished dialog.

6. The gesture setup thing at the very first start-up is just for warming up. :)
    I have added some text hints in many places now. So maybe it will be removed in the next update of VoDoCI.

-----------------

I will make a update for VoDoCI soon. Beside the above improvements,
    25 new levels will be extracted from the following LogicCI and MagicCI to comprise the 5th package of VoDoCI.

-----------------------

btw, do you notice the Ads at the top of the screen refreshes about one minute?
    On my phone, it doesn't refresh, but I don't know whether it is a bug or the Ads for my region are too few.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2012 edited

I think it is a bug. They don't update on my phone either. May be that Finland has few ads too, though.
    EDIT
    I can confirm that there is probably no bug, the ads are just few. There are just one camera ad and a few Nokia ad variations. This made me confused. I clicked an ad though, so there might be a bug with the refresh. Can you try it?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2012

Thanks!
    I will check the code.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2012

It seems to work, just displays the same three ads all the time.-----------------
    How about a text input field, like in your settings dialogs. It would be very helpful for a simpler way to save/load games and other uses.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012 edited

sorry for I haven't added it yet. :(
    it is a feature requested many times.

ok, I will add it soon.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2013

You should add "OnTextChanged" event for editable texts.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

I will add it in the next update.
    Currently, you can check it every step maually, which is not efficient for a large text.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

It is added now.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013 edited

It'd be awesome if we could add folders to custom functions.
    I'm currently making a VERY useful library which I have no doubt would make my life a LOT easier.
    Right now I have so many custom functions that it goes off the page.

Additionally, I sometimes also want to change the number ID for each custom function for the sake of organization.

My final feature request is a "highlight" mode for lines of code.
    Sometimes I have lines that are purely for debugging scattered across several hundred lines of code, and it's pretty hard to find them.
    It would help if these are implemented quickly.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013

about the "highlight", how about "show line numbers"?

"change function order id" will be implemented by double-clicking a function.

I will add a "function package" concept to support cascading menus for function selecting.

I will finish these soon, about 3 days.

-------------------

Yes, the code lib is very important for a large project to reuse old functions.
    I don't have a clear idea to implement it now.
    It is very possible to add a "library scene" concept, so that general scenes can use the functions and other assets in some library scenes.
    The current global assets such as images and sounds will also put into a global library scene.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

Now, you can select the command in the context menu of a Function asset to change its order.
    Line number is also added now.
    "function package" is not implemented yet, but if there are many functions, they will be grouped by order ids automatically.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013

Tapir, I noticed you removed the rotate shape shortcut by holding shift :( i really miss this ability, did you move it to a different key? if not, can it be a key shortcut somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013

do you hide the transform ring?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013 edited

yes Tapir, I really dislike the ring... it's always in the way... I only show it quickly when I need to rotate a shape... but I really dislike it... :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013

You can press R to toggle showing the ring. There is also a button on the toolbar to do the same thing.
    Maybe I will add back the old rotating method with SHIFT key in a later version. Do you think it is needed?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013

It is the rotation method that I am used to, so that would be nice to have back :) !
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013

1000th comment O_O
    I didn't have to rotate a lot before, so I don't mind the transform ring.
    On one hand, I think changes must come eventually, so everything you are used to can be changed.
    On the other hand, why to remove shortcuts? Are they getting in way?-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2013

Says there are only 992 comments, not 1000 >.<
    making this comment #993

I think the current rotation method works fine. Why change it?-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2013 edited

Haha, for me this is post #1001.
    I guess this includes whispers and whatnot only visible to some of us.

I personally think the transform ring is perfectly fine.
    You just need some practice with it before it can be used effectively.

Tapir, I recommend that you keep the keyboard shortcuts, as they really are useful.
    I also think there should be a shortcut for showing/hiding the ring just for convenience.

In addition, we should be able to set the position of the transform ring by offset.
    Currently, we can only move to a position directly, but not through offsets.
    This may be useful when handling a bunch of brothers that have a noninteger center of mass.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpanpoppular
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013 edited

I also don't like transfrom ring.
    Bring scale and rotate toolbar back.
    And should make two method to rotate and scale shape.
    1.Transfrom ring
    2.old tool bar

Sorry for bad english :)-----------------
    Addicted to Rōblox...
    Studying engineering in university.
    Operating temperature 16 - 38 °C
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013 edited

ok, I will try to make the editor support both methods.
    (the ring method and the "SHIFT+Click On Selecteds to rotate" method. The rotate/scale/move toolbar will not be added back)

Adobe said they will free the right-mouse events from a coming Flash version.
    At that time, there will be more graceful implementations.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013

@Xyuzhg, "I also think there should be a shortcut for showing/hiding the ring just for convenience."
    the R key is for this.
    "set the position of the transform ring by offset" will be add in the next build.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorCI MAN
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2013

this is going to be so cool!!!-----------------
    Oddly, the pigs can survive underwater forever. They look like they are holding their breaths.
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013

Can we get the ability to delete old game revisions on Phyard? TO clear up space for new games.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

I will add the function.

Now, if your revision slots are used up, when you trigger a new save action, the system will find an oldest unimportant revision to delete.
    The revision may not be the revision of the current design to save.-----------------
    •  

Thanks :D That helps a lot. That was mostly the reason I used to only work offline. Yay!
    BTW Your awesome Tapir!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013 edited

adv. members can delete revisions now on phyard.

and "SHIFT+Click On Selecteds to rotate" and "set the position of the transform ring by offset" are added in editor.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013

Quick feature request: (Might already be in, but I couldn't find it)
    A way to scale modules? Like "SetModuleRadius" or something.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorpanpoppular
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013 edited

Delay command?
    (Without on .....Timer)
    EX.
    1.[command]
    2. Delay 50 steps
    3.[some command]

Because delay with timer is too complicate.

Another Post# 1000 lol-----------------
    Addicted to Rōblox...
    Studying engineering in university.
    Operating temperature 16 - 38 °C