Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013

That would be SOOOO helpful panpopular. Maybe it can work like: You'd call it, and put in an action which would be called at the end of the delay.

But then again, anyone could make a custom function to do that. I'll see if a can make a function to do that for you.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013 edited

Yes, the delay command is not very basic.
    However, I can implement it if you think implementing it with custom functions is too trivial .

About "SetModuleRadius", do you mean scaling the module as a whole or scaling a circle in the module?
    There is an API in Shape/Common/Scale With (Around) Fixed Point to scale all kinds of shapes.
    "Scaling a circle in the module" is not supported.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2013

Forget my post above, I already figured it out. I just didn't know what I was doing xD-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2013 edited

I might have been requested it before, but here are some requests:
    * Make us able to use assigners as entities for other assigners. So, if there is assigner and enemies are assigned to it, we should be able to use that assigner in a pair assigner instead of assigning all enemies once more.
    * Make us able to connect entities to assigners in runtime. So, if you create a new enemy, you assign it to assigner with other enemies.
    * AAAH! I forgot the third request!!! [edit]Remembered it, an option to copy assignment when copying an entity[/edit]-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013

I don't forget them.
    When I get some time, .... so busy. :(-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2013

Found a bug: when you undo or save(load?), all "-2: {Ground}" references switch to null.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2013

I will fix it in the next build.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013

Is there a way to set up a Phyard game database? What I mean is a database to save information for that game itself rather then per player. So if I wanted to create an in-game leader boards or something, I could.

Depending on how fast data could be saved and downloaded, one could make a multiplayer game out of this. xD-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013 edited

a manual update leader board?

Phyard.com may support custom server side APIs later, mainly related to database.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

That's interesting, server databases such as MySQL databases may be costly, though.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013

No, like I mean I log in and play a game were you collect items and hide them. I then for example find a gold bar and put in chest A. The game sends a message to the server and stores information in the database that there is now a gold bar in chest A.

Another player logs in and plays the same game. They walk over to chest A and pulls out my gold bar and keeps it. The information is then passed back to the database and it tells the database that there is no longer an item in chest A.

This is what I was saying, not just for leader boards, but for a large array of things.

We already store save information per player on phyard. I'm saying just have 1 small database to do that per game instead of per player. In average I'd say about 300 people play each game on phyard. That's 300 database's of information constantly being downloaded and uploaded. My idea would require only 1 database per game, no matter how many people play it. All-in-all, it shouldn't be that costly.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013

I see now. A virtual world for every game, right?

I will add some service features on phyard, such as learder boards, game save for players, game sessions (for PvP such as chess games) and this virtual world for each game.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

@Madball ,
    now I think messing up the appearance APIs for both entity and ground is not a good idea, so I added some appearance APIs for world in the newest build.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

Tapir, I still request a way to vote for designs on Phyard, because every time I visit the "hot designs" all suck, IF they're a design at all...
    it would be nice if you could give us the ability to moderate the site as well so that people only post actual things.
    Many of the things I've seen posted are challanges and would much better be suited on this forum than on phyard at all...
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013

I agree with bio. And if it gets so many positive vote (ex: 100 or more thumbs up) it would get posted to the new color infection site :D (If that's how the new site works, still a little confused on it >.>)-----------------
    •  

I'm not sure if 100 "good" votes is a good idea, because I think that may tempt people to create multiple accounts in order to achieve this...
    Instead I propose a "weight" system toward the votes, so that, users that have been on longer have a larger impact toward the up/down vote.

for example. this. the 5th "hottest" design on phyard.

http://www.phyard.com/design/erictom...

I give it a thumbs down. and think it should be removed from phyard. it is not a "design" by any means.
    if it was posted here on the forum I would likely delete it within a day unless the poster gave some sort of explanation as to why or what it is.
    If you read the description on phyard of this "design" it says something, that makes no sense at all to me...

If i visited phyard, as a new user, and saw this, I would likely never come back to phyard.
    Tapir, for your sake, please add the ability to moderate the site.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

I believe Phyard level publishing is currently under-moderated and if you are looking for higher tier designs, look in the Forums.
    But overall, having a weighted system is practical. However, automatically hiding underrated designs are important. This helps people who got their designs underrated work harder for better designs.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

The votes system is not helpful to resolve the problem.
    In fact, the favorite feature is a votes system actually.
    The main reason is the traffic of phyard is very small now and there are few active designers.
    So pls just ignore the low quality designs if you dont like them. :(

I have given up promoting it for some time for 2 reasons.
    1. phyard website still needs many development.
    2. the promotion needs some popular games made with CIE.

I will restart the promoting at a suitable time.-----------------
    •  

Looks like I'll just need to post more epic designs like before xD
    Fill it out a bit... lol

Ah, good times. :)-----------------
    •  

but Tapir, the "favourite" feature is only a plus vote, there is no negative vote, which is what the site needs.
    We need to be able to say "this new "design" someone made is terrible and should be hidden
    perhaps a commentary (positive comments only of course) we could send to makers of designs when we choose to hide them.
    The commentary goes along with what Unihedron said about making those with under-rated designs to work harder!
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2013

Tapir, is it possible to change an image division asset's location on the original image during a simulation?
    Basically, if you begin with a 500x500 image, you may initially divide the image and only use the 100x100 square in the top left.
    However, as the game progresses, you may instead use the 100x100 square in the bottom right, or perhaps the 160x200 rectangle in the middle of the original image.
    This would be quite useful for me if implemented.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013

in the code boxes, the "move up" and "move down" arrows to move the code -> move multiple lines at a time
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013

some of these may already exist, but i'll list them anyway

Get Hinge Torque
    Set Hinge Torque

Get Slider Torque
    Set Slider Torque

Get Spring Constant value
    Set Spring Constant value

Get Spring Static Length
    Set Spring Static Length

Get Spring Damping Ratio
    Set Spring Damping Ratio

Get Spring frequency
    Set Spring frequency

etc
    Could there be an "autostart" setting for the levels? As I get more into posting them on Tumblr, I was noticing that having two play buttons in a row gets a bit redundant. I'm sure there are other places that that happens as well.-----------------
    Tumblr full of random stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013

(url)

I saw Tapir on reddit after searching for CI out of interest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WebGames/com...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/...

You might be interested in reading this and other results on Reddit with Color Infection.

I don't know where to post it, but it seems pretty important-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013

HI FIREMIL!!! :D will you be coming back to the forum??

I don't use reddit, but i will check this out :)
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013 edited

This is a simple feature request here:
    We used to have a button to choose between "Poem format" and "Traditional format" for code in older version editors. It was pretty useless, however, what would be useful would be a "Simple format" button that gets rid of lots of useless information.

So instead of this code (MyPoint is a variable of the custom type "Point"):

local[0:"temp1"]=Power(in[0:"MyPoint"]Point[0:"X"], 2)
    local[0:"temp2"]=Power(in[0:"MyPoint"]Point[1:"Y"], 2)
    local[0:"temp1"]= local[0:"temp1"]+local[1:"temp2"]
    out[0:Distance]=Sqrt(local[0:"temp1"])

We could look at this code:

L:temp1 = Power(In:MyPoint.X, 2)
    L:temp2 = Power(In:MyPoint.Y, 2)
    L:temp1 = L:temp1 + L:temp2
    Out:Distance = Sqrt(L:temp1)

Or even better, if you could add colored code (not sure how hard would that be), you could make local/global/property variables to simply have a different color...

temp1 = Power(MyPoint.X, 2)
    temp2 = Power(MyPoint.Y, 2)
    temp1 = temp1 + temp 2
    Distance = Sqrt(temp1)

Please at least implement the first one, it would make programming SO MUCH more intuitive...-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013

I will open source CIE soon.
    It is great if you, any of you, can contribute on developing CIE later.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013 edited

Again, there is no thread for bugs...
    Module shapes always have border thickness at least 2, even if it says it's 1. Even if physics are disabled.
    And I can't find "move accurately" option.
    Also, why is the grid cell size limited by 100x100? I might need 500x500 if I need to distingush 500x500 screens (e.g. when making a point-and-click game with changing screens).
    [edit]
    Also, an option for changing the background color of the module editor would be great, it's difficult to work with pure white shapes.
    And sequence modules should be able to include several modules within one frame.
    Hmm... seems like a lot of requests. OK, I'm still fine now.
    [/edit]
    [edit 2]
    Another thing I noticed: when I edit a module and add a module in a module (I heard you like modules)), I have to select it from the Image Assets Manager. But I already have it opened in the background, and it just pops up above. I choose the module and close the manager. So, when I finish editing the module, I close the window, but the Image Assets Manager is gone, as I closed it before. And I have to press F3 again to open it. ...I hope you can understand me. So, you can make it reopen if I'm still editing a module.
    [/edit 2]-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013 edited

Bug report:

(url)

I exported the scene with a custom type, and imported it into an other scene. That thing happened.
    I made some experiments, and here are results:

*Imported in an empty scene: that bug.
    *Imported in a scene with a shape: that bug.
    *Imported in a scene with a trigger: variables shown, but only core ones. No "custom" sub-menu at all.
    *Imported in a scene with a custom type: that bug.
    *Imported in a scene with a custom type and a trigger that was placed and deleted before the importing: that bug.
    *Imported in a scene with a custom type and a trigger that was placed, edited and deleted before the importing: no bugs.

[edit]There seems to be no way to put custom types in world variables. I tried to put it in array, but types are individual for each scene. And even if I copy the type, it doesn't work anyway.[/edit]-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2013

Found a typo: "Is camera?" "Is text shape?" and some other functions have "Is world border?" output.
    Also, in "Fast Integer Random Between", it says "Max Integer", so I could think it's maximal output, but it never gets picked, it's maximal +1. Unlike "Min Integer", which is actually minimal. It's not like I don't like the output, names just can confuse.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014 edited

I miss shift+arrows to rotate shape and "scale size" functionality.

Example:
    Rectangle width 4 height 2, scale to 2: width 8, height 4

Rectangle width 4 height 2, scale to 2: width 4, height 2, scale 2.

The difference is v1.59 scales the size, whereas v2.05 scales the shape. I would like an option to change this. Same with flip: it used to flip the angle, now the shape.

Also: When using "save to local disk" feature it now "forgets" the name loaded from, making me risk overwriting something unintentionally unless I remember the name it was loaded from.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014

One way to make sure you never lose your designs is to post them here in a discussion and then you can load the source code whenever you want!

if it's a secret design then you just have to whisper yourself a discussion and post it there, then no one will be able to access your source code or see your design until you want them to :P
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014 edited

I have another request. 2, actually.
    http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...
    In this design, I was trying to make each "score bin" have a different score. The easiest way was shape alpha. I could have used color (since the shapes are invisible) but it's way more complicated. I wanted to use Custom Entity Properties, but having an OnEntityCreated for EACH shape is just silly. I'd like to see Custom Entity Properties directly on the shape settings box for things like this, as v2.06 doesn't allow alpha > 1.
    Summary: Custom Entity Properties on the shape settings box.

2. I'm not liking some of the inefficiencies of the code. For example, in Python, if you want to calculate the distance between two points, you use
    def distance(x1, y1, x2, y2):
    return ((x2 - x1) ** 2 + (y2 - y1) ** 2) ** 1/2

In two lines. (If you want to use it in a calculation without using functions, it's only one.) However, in Phyard Builder code, it's
    local[0:"x"] = in[2: "x2"] - in[0: "x1"]
    local[1:"y"] = in[3: "y2"] - in[1: "y1"]
    local[0:"x"] = Power(local[0:"x"],2)
    local[1:"y"] = Power(local[1:"y"],2)
    local[0:"x"] = local[0:"x"] + local[1:"y"]
    out[0:"Distance"] = Power(local[0:"x"],0.5)
    Please excuse any kind of typos!
    This is six lines. I'm not requesting a distance formula function, but rather the ability to "chain" multiple commands into one line. Example:
    If (y position of: in[0:"The Entity"] > 50) == true
    Destroy in[0:"The Entity"]

Or even more saving code:
    global[0:"Strings"] = Create Array("Color Infection", "You will lose", "You will win", "Life, the Universe, and Everything", "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog")
    (In v2.04 you could do this in 6 lines. In v2.05 and 2.06 it took 11 lines.)
    EDIT: The SplitString API can do this if the array is only strings. However, I may need to use non strings.

Summary: Ability to "chain" commands to save space.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2014

I would also like breakable hinge joints.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014 edited

I found this post, and decided to check the progress!

Xyuzhg (Moderator) Jan 31st 2011 edited
    The translated and simmered-down to-do list! Some parts are what I take them to be. Hopefully I'm at least partially right.

- SetMovable/Static: Yes, already done!
    - Factorial
    - Set/Get/Change Angular Velocity: Yes!
    - IsStaticShape: Yep!
    - IsPhysicsShape Yep!
    - Layer change I think so!
    - Camera rotation Yes!
    - Real time user input Not sure what this means...
    - Destroy Entities Linked to Assigner
    - Copy functions
    - Change text color Yes!
    - FlipShape Yes!
    - CreateEntity and ModifyGeom

- OnPostCollide/OnPreCollide
    - OnShapeInfected
    - Double-click
    - OnMouseHold
    - OnRepaint (graphics)

- Rope
    - Friction
    - Relative rotation
    - Slider hinge
    - Gear
    - Elastic joints
    - Custom joints
    - Custom shape pair function
    - Custom function entity link
    - Anchor points
    - Colors Yes, but all joints have the same color.

- Vector (assembled modules ??)
    - Bitmap

- Physics engine Yes!
    - Step length Yes!
    - Fixed settings
    - Real with scale
    - Interactive velocity, position
    - Warmup
    - Continuous physics calculations
    - Allow infinity
    - Damping options
    - Script: allow inputs and outputs to be used as temporary variables
    - Reset local variables/output when returning result
    - Enable contact events (for efficiency)
    - Grid size, rotation, etc.
    - Destroy brother pinks
    - Sensor shapes have zero mass?
    - Zero mass bodies static?
    - Zero inertia bodies have fixed rotation?

- Linear and angular damping
    - Global default setting
    - Brother groups have their specific settings
    - Keeping links when copying logic components
    - Export functions
    - Functions export with coordinate system (as I take it, not too specific)
    - Batch modify Yes!
    - No limits on pair assigners
    - Any to Any, Both in Many, x to x, etc. Yes!
    - Transparent entity IDs
    - Polyline options
    - Scale, Rotate accuracy
    - Modify rotate and scale center
    - Circles: delta angle, radius Yes!
    - Rotate self for clones
    - Lines heler
    - Offset x,y
    - Grid helper
    - Zoom controls
    - Import at center?
    - Function interval
    - Pixel processing package
    - Drawing
    - Flame particles

- ModePlaceCreateEntity
    - ModeDragCreateEntity
    - ModePointsCreateEntity

[spoiler=Debugging2]
    Don`t know...
    - Timer should be called by ID order, not creation order
    - Entity contact order
    - Dragging entities from places that are not the entity with a right-click
    - Ball/column invalidity for static circles
    - No updating when paused
    - Function and variable loading
    [/spoiler2]
    The current list I have here may be incomplete; Tapir says the list he gave me is about 1/5th the entire thing...
    Indeed, his list contains both English and Chinese, often mixed together.

Comments added!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2014 edited

hmmm. what about adding some sort of folder option in the variables
    so you can make folders like enemy, player, data etc
    would be much more orginized in huge games/projects-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014 edited

Another Request:
    I don't know if anyone can name these colors:

In case you're stumped, they are the CI colors in order static, movable, breakable, infected, uninfected, and dontinfect, followed by the standard yellowish background.

I would like a "Set Level Color Property" which functions exactly like Set Number Property, except if will appear in hex form (0xDDDDA0, for example).

Also, I noticed in maybe 1.59 or so, the two OnJointReachLimit handlers were merged.
    1. Add "any limit", which will be called for each limit. Using actions forgets what in[0:"The Joint"] is.
    2. Also, these should be merged:
    - OnLevelBeforeInitialize + OnLevelEndInitialize ==> OnLevelInitialize
    - OnLevelBeginUpdate + OnLevelEndUpdate ==> OnLevelUpdate
    - OnEntityCreated + OnEntityInitialized (+ OnEntityUpdated + OnEntityDestroyed) OnEntityInitialize (or OnEntityHandle)-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014 edited

I also found some wrong text in the triggers:
    - Sometimes it says "One borther shape" instead of brother
    - On Set Static, it says "One borther shape" again
    - Global > Number > Min says "result 1" instead of "result". Not sure if "Max" does that. (EDIT: It does.)

If you see any more, please whisper to me. I'll edit this post-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2014

Tapir, can you please at least respond to these posts.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

Thanks Madball and MathDude for finding the typo bugs, fixed in v2.07.

I will reply other requests later.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

what about allowing the multiplayer api to retrieve the usertname of the acount playing right now?.-----------------
    •  

@jodi ^ this sounds more like something that would be input (name) rather than get account... what about guests? it would just say " guest " vs. " guest "
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

just a way to have someone registered under an username. but have it no way to chance it back easly-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

this will be supported later. Now players names are random ones.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014 edited

Please Tapir! I need this!
    Get/Set Restitution (runtime)!
    I'm trying to make a game and it requires being able to set the restitution of shapes!
    Clone shapes inside modules (editing)!
    Like this: You're creating an assembled module for a cloud. You make it out of white circles. It would be nice to be able to clone the one shape and then move and resize accordingly. Or more than one shape, if you have repetitive patterns. Seriously, I need this.

One more thing: I've noticed that if Custom Entity Properties are entities themselves, you can't select them in the entity side of the variable like "in[0:"The Entity"][0:"Other Entity"][0:"Infected"] (same thing probably happens in custom type classes which are also that type). I know why this is, and I don't need it "fixed" -- you can always use entity assign on a local variable. However, I'll write a warning on the wiki about this.

EDIT: Sound variables are useless! You can never have them be anything except null. The reason is this: There is no "Assign Sound" API. This means the only way to initialize a sound is by the Type Common = command. But = does not take direct values! Thus, you need a sound variable which isn't null. But that's what we are trying to do!
    I would like to see four new APIs: = (Assign sound), Sound == Sound, GetSoundsPlaying (possibly with more controls like crossing-levels or not), and Get Sound By Id (you know how sounds are in order in the list?)-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014 edited

i noticed a bug(didt find any proper discussion. so i put it here)
    when you export selected entities a trigger with a load scene api inside it from a different scene than default
    and inport it back into a onther scene than default. open it. and suddenly the load scene api will load the current scene. instead of the prevouis setting

i dont know if it makes sense. hard explaining :/

and i have a g19 and g15 keyboard from logitech. does flash support their screen?
    would it be an idea to add support for such devices?(logitech has more with screen. even speakers i believe)-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

Wait. Let's see:
    • Have (at least) three scenes, 0, 1 and 2. 0 is the default.
    • Have a trigger with a "Load Scene" to load #1
    • Export this trigger.
    • Import in scene 2.
    The trigger now loads scene 2.

Is this what you mean?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

yep-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014

Ok, tapir please fix dis bug-----------------