Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009 edited

Here's a CI version of the Chronic Logic's Bridge Builder/Pontifex game.
    In this challenge you gotta build a bridge using the given pieces that can stand the weight of the truck so it can make it to the other side. If it does (the whole truck/wagons must be there), you win! (regardless of wheter any piece of the bridge was broken in the process)
    Iron pieces are weaker, steel pieces are stronger.
    The truck can walk over the deck pieces, and it won't collide with the rest.
    You can either try to make the cheapest bridge or just make a nice bridge...
    Here are the

*You must use the pieces given in the shop to build the brigde. You can only copy (you gotta select the whole thing), paste and rotate them, but you cannot edit them in any way. You do can delete or move the hinges at the sides, they\'re there just to keep them in place.
    *You can not create any shape except hinges to join the pieces, and you cannot enable their motors or limits. You should also try not to connect hinges to the central part of the pieces, as there may be some troubles with that...
    *You cannot connect any hinge to the background, except in the anchor points (black circles with white border)
    *Each hinge you use (even if it is one of the hinges given in the shop) will cost you another $300
    *You should send the water to the top layer when you finish so it will look good in case something sinks into the lake.
    *Delete all the pieces and text in the shop when you finish too.

Have fun!
    -----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009 edited

If you read the rules you will note that it says "you can only copy, paste and rotate them", so it means you can make copies of the beams... as much as you want.
    And yes, the polylines are part of the beams...
    The idea is that if they are under too much stress the beams will break. I got the idea from here: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonkey
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

is this a extreamly good copy og the game west point bridge designer?-----------------
    If the infinite is impossible, how can the universe be infinite? Do we live in something that can't excist?

Of course, you got the idea!
    Now you just have to find a way to use the upper anchor point and the non-deck beams to hold the bridge... unless you can think of something else.
    And you should delete the pieces in the shop and put the water in the top the next time...-----------------

West point bridge designer?
    Wow, I didn't know of that game! I only knew about the original ones, pontifex and pontifex II...
    Hmm... now I gotta try this other one!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonkey

I think it is kind a the same!
    but there you can make more desisions about where on the "hill" the bridge are goin to start.
    Sorry about that i am bat to explain tings...-----------------
    If the infinite is impossible, how can the universe be infinite? Do we live in something that can't excist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonkey

(url)
    (url)
    -----------------

Looks nice. I have just downloaded it. Seems this is a more scientific version of the game... but looks like it has more options. Will play with it when I have time.-----------------

Nice one.
    Yes, I know it may be hard to work with all those pieces...
    A little tip: click and drag only in the center part of the pieces, that will select them completely.
    But I see you're overlapping pieces... that may be one of the problems. If pieces are not overlapped it's not that hard to work with them.

I'm afraid the pieces doesn't work as they should... they actually bend on the middle, acting like ropes. I will try to fix this, I just don't know how...-----------------

Ok... edited the pieces, now they won't bend in the middle.
    If you're making a bridge with the old ones you should post it anyway.
    Edit: Fixed steel pieces not working properly.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorfortray

We have that program at school!
    Its really nice to use.
    also the level you made looks really great :)-----------------
    Meh, low amount of time sux =[
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)

Same here. I tried making one, but it lagged so much, it quit on me twice. I had to just sit here for about 8 minutes until it started working again. Both times. And once it didn't even play. So I stopped trying to make one. Great idea MCC, but it was way to laggy.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  

I looked at the polylines up close, and noticed something. There not really lines, but text. So that can't be the reason. Is it? Text wouldn't slow down the editor that much. It has to be something else. Maybe the truck?-----------------
    •  

What does the floating blocks have to do with anything? I don't get it. What should I be looking for anyway?-----------------
    •  

Oh. The breakaway joints. Yes I went to that link. But I saw the giant ball thing, and the other thing you had to drop blocks and stuff on, so I thought that's what you were referring to. But now I see what your talking about with the polylines. So that may be the reason. But i'm still not opening it on the editor. It's way too slow.-----------------
    •  

I like your idea griz, but it looks the the squares join doesn't even break. Well I guess you could use it for the steel deck. And the circle join for the iron deck. Well it ran a whole lot faster than the other one. So MCC, you should really go with Griz's idea. The game will be to slow otherwise. And no one will want to play it.-----------------
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

Ok, edited the pieces again, now they doesn't slow down the engine too much.
    Thanks for the ideas :)-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

You should try posting a link to your phyards. You should have one. Don't you? Please post a link to it. I want to see your idea.-----------------
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009

Here's my steel bridge

I have added a new rule just in case, hinges now cost $300 each.
    With that new rule this bridge would cost exactly $19000...-----------------