Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009 edited

CI Warethread

Welcome to the Color Infection Warethread! In this place you can share with everyone all of those useful pieces of design you’ve made in the editor, so other members of the forum can use them in their own levels. You can also see premade shapes, ragdolls, machines and many other fun things created by other users, and use them in your own designs.

Due to the success of Link's CI Warethread ( http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm... ), moderators have decided to start a new one, in order to keep all those valuable source codes a little more ordered and sort out the things that doesn't help or are repeated.

But remember, the warethread is a place for sharing ONLY premade shapes, machines, etc. that people can use in their designs. This means that whatever you want to show here must be useful, and must not be a separate level.
    Some examples may include: Graphics and decorative stuff, letter fonts, rube goldberg/ball sorter parts, ragdolls, machines...

If you have something you want to share in the Warethread, just whisper it to me and I'll be glad to post it here for you! But please don't post the levels on your own. Thanks! =)

To use stuff from the Warethread in your own levels:
    Open a new editor window (separately from the one where you’re making your design). Then, back at the warethread, right click the design you want to use, and in the list that pops up choose "Copy source code". Now go to the editor window you just opened, right click the work area and choose "Import..."
    Then you can select the items you want, right click, "Export...", and then "Import..." into another editor window to use them.
    -----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy

Ragdolls

Letter Fonts

Assorted Stuff

-----------------

Shapes

Game/Puzzle Creation Kits

Lifts

-----------------

Launchers/Shooters

-----------------
    • CommentAuthornekit
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthornekit
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2010

my funny and magic tools for own levels - http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...
    • CommentAuthornekit
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010

I create with the "game kits for civiballs" of levels
    • CommentAuthornekit
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010 edited

•  
      CommentAuthordarkid
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2010

it looks like one of the edges is kinda messed up... the bottom right one for the orange container. And there's no shading on it either.-----------------
    Get 2.25 GigaBytes of free online storage space!
    • CommentAuthornekit
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010

I create addon for "civiballs: create pack" : deco elements :p
    •  
      CommentAuthormeesman
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2010 edited

-----------------
    life is life, now is now, but don't forget to live now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

"play 2 or more player games like a multiplayer"
    on 2 different computers? This will not be implemented in a near future.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010 edited

Requesting cleanup. This thread, originally meant to be a very nice, clean place where people can retrieve useful pieces of work is being filled up with random comments.

In other words, delete the offending posts and this one.

Meanwhile, I will post the custom functions that ought to either be stickied in their own thread or posted in this one.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2010 edited

Custom Functions

GetDirection is used to convert a velocity to the angle of movement of a shape.

The X and Y coordinates of a point are used to calculate the angle of an endless line from the origin to the point.

All of these custom functions have the Text Component, the text box entity you wish to change the text of, and appropriate other inputs. Because of the self-explanatory aspect of the input boxes, no description should be needed. The output for all of the functions is the new string, although the original text box is also automatically changed.

The functions mostly work by checking each letter and moving appropriate letters to the resultant string.

Inputs are analyzed text and check text- if analyzed text has check text, then the output is true.

Whisper to me in the original thread if you want an addition, edit, or post edit. Please refrain from posting them yourself, for sake of organization.

Also, this post will be deleted once the post size exceeds the maximum, in which case I will create a new thread for it. At that time I request for the new thread I post to be stickied.

Original thread: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...

*Requires description.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011

Xyuzhg,
    its very nice of you to group all of the custom functions together like this, but i think you should leave the posts as they originally were,
    what i mean is, i tried importing Firemil's drag and drop, but had no idea what to do with his function or what events to put it in....
    i ended up having to go back to his original post in the custom function thread in order to figure out i needed 3 events to make it work....
    so, not that this is bad, just a little TOO clean of a thing to import u know? :/
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011

Oh, OK then.

I can add a description with the input functions for each one.

Hopefully that will clear things up.
    ----
    I would prefer it though if the inventors provided their own description by whisper. I don't really wan't to decrypt them and write it all by myself.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited

-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    Simple water: Lift force can be easily changed, downward impulse only to prevent "jumping."

Better water: still a bit choppy, but now with densities! If the density of the object is less than the density of the fluid, then it "floats." Can't quite prevent the extreme bobbing.
    -----------------
    Tumblr full of random stuff
    • CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012

And now it's time for...
    The world's simplest lift!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014

And now it's time for...
    A system for breaking damaged objects!
    (PLEASE improve, I got this from Firemil's angry birds)

-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2014

ball splitter V2 :PPP

-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2014 edited

New thing: Platforms that fall with weight!

This is very interesting. I can make a platform fall just by using 3 blocks, but if I drop them one at a time I can have one platform "survive" all 12 blocks!

EDIT: I just had 13 blocks on one platform... the blocks from one fell down and landed on the other... IT STILL SURVIVED!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014

^ that's because the platform does not fall because of the weight on it, but the force that is applied to it from the falling objects :P
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2014

-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015

Custom Function -- Remove Duplicates

(almost) clean import, but with example text box.

function removes duplicates of text divided by the new line character [enter button]

• CommentTimeMar 2nd 2015 edited

I honestly think we need to make a team effort to go through the forum to make a more comprehensive Warethread, complete with documentation and maintenance.

But anyway, here are my recent four tools:

Cubic Splines

Use a GetPolyShapeWorld/LocalVertexes to obtain a [x, y, x, y, ...] point array (or any other method), and input it into the Create Cubic Spline function; save the output to a Cubic Spline object and use the Generate Cubic Spline Points function to obtain a [x, y, x, y, ...] point array for the spline that you can use to SetPolyShapeWorld/LocalVertexes.

Terrain Generator

For easy use stick to the Generate Terrain function. Input a control polyline that is the rough shape of your terrain and a polygon to become the terrain object. The base Y is the lowest point that the terrain polygon will go to (the greatest Y value you need). The resolution controls the quality of the polygon in pts/m. Increase the initial amplitude to make your terrain have larger variations in height, and increase the initial wavelength to make your mountains/valleys be wider. Iterations control the quality of the generated terrain, while roughness represents how sharp the variations are on the smaller scales.

For more control, the Perlin Noise function generates a noise function (terrain-like set of points) with the specified controls and central height at Y = 0. It will take more work for you to customize your Perlin noise functions, so if you want that increased control, please ask me for details or look it up yourself.

Heapsort

Simply write your comparer function in the HeapsortCompare with the left input being placed after the right input in the sorted array. The example given sorts numbers in ascending order; you may use this as a simple template for your comparisons, or you could change the function to something using different types or with even more complexity.

Hash Functions

- FNV hashing:
    Use this when you don\'t know all of your keys beforehand, or you require a simple but fast hash function. Input your key with optionally a size value (the returned hash is modulo this) and a seed value (the same seed + key combination will always return the same hash value).

- HDC hashing:
    Use this when you want a minimal perfect hashing function and you know all of the possible keys. Simply input your array of key strings into GenerateMPHF optionally with a seed value and save the output array; to obtain hash values, input this array with your specified key into the GetHDCHash function.
    -----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2015

I created a design that allows you to rotate blocks by clicking.

Clean import version:

To use, set the Collision Category of the shape to "Rotatable". You can do things other than 90° rotations, like if you want a pipe piece that you can rotate 45°.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015

A laser that destroys the first object the beam hits:

Destroy the crates. How many non-floor shots do you use? [Note: Not sure if this belongs]

Just the distance to line segment function.
    -----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015

Two random creations that need improvements.
    Top: A hover-board that is delicate (if you hit it, it flips out and goes crazy).
    Then there's a bugged-out robot enemy prototype.

-----------------