Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited

inspired by the apple game :)
    and basically the entire stick avalanche game (google it XD)
    look at the code if you want to make your apple game similar to this :P

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

you need the number of spikes to slowly increase...
    only died because i got board...-----------------
    my phyard profile
    most of my levels are there

how can it be done better?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRanthowis
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited

This is a mix of my games.
    Apples + Indiana Jones = Avalanche
    Apples = Falling Stuff
    Indiana Jones = Parts of his body get cut off
    All it needs now is the music.
    It was the best part!!!!!
    I got like 1000 once on the real game.-----------------
    Hi?....
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010

UPDATE!

there's just 2 more things i want to add, first i need to learn how to set "IF" boxes so that if there are multiple conditions inside them they ALL need to be satisfied in order to have output,
    that i dont know how to do.
    (if you zoom out, the "IF" statement prevents you from going to the left of the box because the X-location of mouse is less than 1,
    but on the right side,
    although i have a condition that the X-location must be less than 23,
    the X-location is greater than 1 so the first condition is true, and the "IF" statement allows output.)
    how do i make it so that ALL conditions must be satisfied to have output?

the second change i want to make is to remove the ability to select a speed to play on... how i do this i know not, and i dont really want to try to figure out where this part of someone's HUGE trigger system is. id have to copy something like the tobor levels and i DO NOT want to look at that huge code XD
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited

@BioManiac
    Search for the "Config Design" button in the upper bar of the editor...
    There is a list with an option that says "Config Viewport".
    Select it, and in the window that pops up you can choose either if you want the player to be able (or not) to see the speed, zoom or help buttons, or even if you want the whole play bar not to be shown.
    About your other question you can make it so a group of conditions must be satisfied at the same time by using a Condition Gate...
    Like this:

(url)

When you create a condition gate, it is originally set to "And", which means that all of the conditions must be satisfied at the same time to allow the event handler to work (this is what you wanted to do).
    However, you can always right click the condition gate and select one of the two other options:
    Set As "Or" Door - Only one of the different conditions (or more) must be satisfied to trigger the gate.
    Set As "Not" Door - None of the conditions must return 'true' to trigger this gate.
    Commonly, there are other ways you can do this by using a single condition, using the boolean functions included in the command list, but you do not need to know that for the moment.

By the way, the level is truly amazing!
    I could spend hours playing on it. ;)
    Have managed to get a score of 167 spikes...
    Not much...
    But it's the best I can do.
    Great, clean and fun game!

Edit:
    Ha!
    I'm progressing...

Edit 2:
    355! ;)-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010 edited

thanks MCC :)
    im good at making games but im not very good with ideas, idk if u know but this is actually a real game XD
    ranthowis is right though the music was the best part so my level is missing that :(

so thats what im doing wrong. ive got the 2 conditions that i said in the same "if" box.
    i figured out the door part but seperate if boxes didnt occur to me to use :P but i'll fix that.
    i was trying to work with boolean's before but it wasnt working that much for me while doing the pinball XD
    but i found an alternate way of doing it (which requires more code i suspect) but it worked XD
    so until i figure out all the functions, more code may be required until i shorten it :P

EDIT: ps: my record is 484 :D
    and once i get really good at making games,
    im re-making the ragdoll avalanche game too :D = best flash game ever = epic music too XD

EDIT: updated again, it should be perfect now :)
    ... unless i add falling red squares...... nah XD
    211, then I got bored.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRanthowis
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010 edited

@MCC
    http://www.addictinggames.com/ragdol...-----------------
    Hi?....
    •  
      CommentAuthorRanthowis
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010 edited

@Bio

And, you should make funny little comments after you lose, according the point range you get.

After palying playing the real one, which is my favorite flash game of all time, i got 485 and...
    don't ban me or anything, and exscuse me if this is offensive, and i found it pretty funny, it said
    "Must of been some good weed."-----------------
    Hi?....
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2010

lol i dont think that's very offensive
    but i think my fav saying i got was: "if barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?"

and i was thinking about making a "top 5" scores list on the right, and a restart button in the bottom, but idk XD
    i dont really want to re-make the game that badly, i'd like to have something that i can kinda say, "i thought of this myself"
    and i cant really do that for this game :/ although i am very proud at how it turned out :D but i would like to start something new :P
    • CommentAuthorjamie
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010

mcc i so dont get it i use the puzzle maker v1.06 so what your talking about might not be on that puzzle maker so sorry.