Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited

ok, so im in florida and my friend here has an awsome game thing on his IPad and i wanted to try to recreate it :P
    the actual game is called Gravilux by Scott Sona Snibbe :P
    obviously my recreation is nowhere as good as his, but i hope everyone likes it anyway :D

New Stuff - test out negative gravity :D
    press H to get / remove menu

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited

I love it!

Don't know how you did it exactly, but it looks like a clever click-gravity+damping game. I especially like how when those fly off the screen, they appear on the other side. Marvelous!

Though when selecting your color, one of those always flies out and beyond.
    ----
    Oh, I get it, the actual application has thousands of 'stars,' far beyond the capabilities of the player.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010

Wow, that's really cool. That is awesome! How did you get every one to slow down, at different spots at once? I bet it used tons of variables and stuff.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010

Great webtoy! Nice to waste time.
    @The Dude: slow down can be done with getting velosity and scaling it down.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010

actually no i made this entirely off of only 5 reg#'s :D but i want to fix it up a bit,
    because in the actual version they slow down after being shot off by the gravity and come to rest to be pulled back by gravity again :P
    as well as he has awesome colour effects so i want to add those in too, but im not entirely sure how yet XD
    and i know that the one shoots off for some reason, i cant explain why :S
    i think its because its at the very end of the code(list) of the balls affected... but i dont know why that would make it act any differently
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010 edited

added new version, i wasnt sure if you guys would like the old more so i left it,
    but i doubled the number of stars :D and also made it MUCH easeier to control them :P
    i also made the stars smaller, I THINK its better, tell me what you guys think?
    in the actual game the guy provides the option to pick the size of the stars,
    i cant do that cuz we only have GETradius and not SETradius :/ or at least i dont think i can
    but play with the speeds to see what you like best, i like slowest speed but again thats my opinion

EDIT: random irrellivant idea to my design idea (space hyperspeed)

zoom out once, then click anywhere outside the box, near one of the sides of the box.
    the starrs all accellerate as they get closer to the click, (entering hyperspeed)
    they reach a fast speed, go through teleporter, then slow down (exiting hyperspeed) :D
    • CommentAuthorilanglo
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010

awesome!!i made a mini "big bang" thing. just press mouse on the middle of the screen and hold for a couple of secs. then realese and watch.-----------------
    ilanglo
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010 edited

ok, new colour version is awsome :D its similar to how the actual one is,
    but not entirely because it does not have a timer after they leave the circle
    i dont think i would be able to do the timer idea anyway because of how i made this :/

im not sure why but sometimes the stars do not reset back to their base colour (3 seconds) after releasing the click like they're supposed to :/
    im not sure why
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

Cool!

what is the goal of the game?-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010

at this point, pure entertainment :D
    but i had ideas for a game that i might try to make
    something along the lines of dodging the stars ;)
    • CommentAuthorjamie
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010

i have got to try the newer puzzle maker
    • CommentAuthorjamie
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010

wait no to complex
    •  
      CommentAuthordarkid
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2010

Jamie, maybe you haven't understood this, stop bringing back topics of which the last post is more than a month old!-----------------
    Get 2.25 GigaBytes of free online storage space!
    this is very cool! i like the last version it's very cool with different colors-----------------
    Easter makes me hyper. So I'm EXTRA HYPER this week :) YAY :P