Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010 edited

Ok everybody listen up! im making an awesome car game, but im too lazy to design the graphics for the cars and stuff
    so if anyone is interested, make a 2D top view of a car and post your designs here!!
    and the best design will be used in my awesome car game :D !!

if no one decides to posts any car graphics, im gunna use this prototype for my car game xD

1 - The Car must be 100% symmetrical along the one axis which cars are normally symmetrical on lol
    - i already had to redo the wheels on my fail ones cuz they were not...

the time limit for entries is when i finish this car game...
    and since my exams are coming up i probably wont start until after this week
    but i will probably have quite a bit done by December 20th so post before then !
    good luck and creativity to all who participate :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2010

Uhh.. do you mean symmetrical in X, Y, or both? If you mean both it will look kinda stupid.-----------------
    •  

only in the X, yes it would look stupid if it was both lol
    •  

here's a little demo of what i've done today hope you all enjoy it, key pad to move

•  
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010 edited

My first thought: Good idea!
    My second thought: I want to make one too!
    Third: could I help? :D
    Fourth: I'm anyway gonna make a car!-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010

sure you can help if you want Firemil, although im quite satisfied with the physics at this point and i was going to start working on an AI
    but if you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to design some more racetracks or scenery, thats fine by me :)
    but because of how all my triggers work could you do make tracks in this manner:
    - set the background colour to the track colour
    - then build the polygon objects that will surround the track ( ie, the grass and water from my level )

also note: you can have the track cross over, such as a figure 8, just build it normally and i'll do all the trigger stuff for the level :)
    •  

update: can anyone beat the AI in a 2 lap race ? good luck ;)
    note: if you do, you will learn something personal about me ;) lol
    other note: click the box after you win/lose to make it go away

• CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2010

Your programming skills are truly remarkable!
    Your AIs are always very well coded and quite tough to beat. Personally I still can't beat the AI of the turret pong's game even in the easiest fases of the hard mode.
    Congratulations!
    This demo was actually quite hard to play...
    I've beaten it in the 10th try or so, but it got on my nerves the 2 times the AI beat me for 1/5 of a car's body. ;)
    And, it seems we have one thing in common...! :P-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  

what? this AI? lol he's nothing but a bunch of vectors :P i was actually scolding myself cuz i think he's done very poorly xD
    the Turret Pong AI though on the other hand i actually had to do some thinking and calculations!
    but thanks MCC :) it took me quite a while to beat this AI too, im very glad i made it 2 laps instead of 5 now tho xD
    and yes we do, but i think its something that this whole forum shares :P does everyone else agree :D ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2010

Those sharp corners often caused me to lose when I was winning. Please don't create such sharp corners anymore. This game is very very amazing. I really like it.
    •  

I just drived and drived a few (million) times and what is the prize? xD-----------------
    •  

id like to apologize for the horrible job i did on the polygons around the track
    id also like to apologize for my laziness to not create an actual AI but keep using this same one that's on a path
    aside from that, id like to present to you all my second track, and i hope you all enjoy the 5 laps of high speed chaos.
    zoom in or out for your comfort, change the speed if you are daring.

•  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010

A new incredible design!

really hard!-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010 edited

When the camera option follow angle is working, you should do it. It make it more realistic.

I like the level. no idea how you did the AI, but its amazing. Great job bio.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010

im actually really excited about the camera ideas cuz then i can make the game Multiplayer and divide the screen so that each player has half :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010

I almost forget "camera follow angle" is still not implemented. :)
    I will try to implement it sooner.

"multiple cameras" in one scene is not easy to implemented in flash. But I will try to find a way because this feature is important.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    this is very cool for a game in color infection but i havent seen many others (im new here) and im horrible at beating the ai