Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011 edited

currently, my favourite online flash game, google it lol

in CI, make the brown shape(s) touch the yellow shape(s)
    Click and drag the mouse to cut the white shapes in half.
    You do not need to start or end a cut across the whole shape, only touching part of the shape will cut across the whole direction.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Level 6

Level 7 Hard

Level 8 Moderate

Level 9 Moderate
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011

feel free to post your own levels everyone
    •  
      CommentAuthorFenicx23
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011 edited

its my level

yes to easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011

not get 3 and 4 yet. really hard, and really fun!-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

a simple level:

-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorFenicx23

to easy 2 tries
    •  

you guys like levels with multiple ways to beat it? i've found 3 ways so far to beat the last one i posted :P

EDIT : LOL just found a 4th way that garuntees only 2 cuts, most ways ive found require 2 cuts max (but need more because of miscalculated 2nd cuts to remove weight)

EDIT: OMG i just beat my last level with only 1 cut!!! i screenshot it and i'll post later :D :O !!!!
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)

Excellent game, BioManiac!
    This is a great proof of the potential of cloning and geometry modifying APIs.
    I love it because it's multiple ways to solve a level, as you said. There is even some creativity involved in some solvings!
    For example, the solution of your last level, using 2 cuts, is quite interesting... I'm not sure if this solution is the same as yours.

1-Make a cut starting from the top side, a little to the right of the ball, and ending up in the bottom, leaving a very small distance between the end of the cut and the bottom left corner. Noting should move after this cut.
    2-Cut the leftmost resulting polygon in such a way that the pillar has only one point of support, and starts swining to the left, with the ball on top. The pillar should start falling until it touches the yellow block with it\'s top, getting the yellow ball home safely.
    Not understanding my explanation? Well, that\'s part of the challenge! :P

So! Here's my level. I will hopefully make more tonight.
    Round Stone:

It should take a lot of cuts... if you can't solve it, I can give out a hint.
    Version 2:

By the way, there's a helper function included for cutting circles within the level. Find the "Circle to Polygon" function call in the MouseUp event handler for changing it's precision. I was going to do the same for rectangles, but got mixed up with the vertices and stuff. Anyway, rectangles are easy to draw.-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy

I am extremely, really very sorry for an inconvenient that sprung up in the last 10 minutes. A severe mistake, commited by myself.
    I removed another person's comment by accident! :(
    It happened because of a misuse of the moderator's abilities: normally I use the remove function with self-whispers, but after getting an error message, in the rush the wrong comment was removed.
    The comment in question belongs to Tapir, and what I can remember about it is this (it's not the exact comment I'm afraid):

"Many slices? It can be solved using just one!
    (something is missing here)
    In fact, rectangles are polygons too.
    (something is missing about here too)
    Maybe I should add a "Super Shape" component. It is like a shape, but it can contain many shape types at once."

Or something similar. I excuse myself once again... ='(
    In any case, I did not understand entirely the use of Super Shape components, even in the original comment. Could you explain yourself better, Tapir? :)-----------------

Well, yes, I just found the 1 cut solution for my level. So I made a second version (posted in my comment above), to make the solution I intended unique, :)
    But here is a different level:

I'm not sure if it can be solved via "brute force" or not (by cutting and cutting the shapes in the ramps until you arrive to the bottom with a very small piece), but there is a cleaner (more creative) solution that has a good rate of success.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011

haha nice levels MCC, i see you're having alot of fun with cutting circles eh ;) ?
    great job! i think it will be very easy to make a full level set for this dont you think ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Man, I feel owned. After this situation I clicked on the pink below the brown and it hopped over the yellow.

(url)

I really like this game, but I'm not very good at it.
    Also I really like MCC's levels, but mostly the last one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

MCC's last level is possible?

@MCC
    A Super Shape is a shape without a fixed shape type, such as circle, polygon, etc. It even can contain more than one sub shapes.
    These sub shapes can be any other simple shapes. Some sub shapes may be only for graphics, some may be only for physics.
    Maybe a special embeded Super Shape editor is needed.

This would be useful for complex game characters.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017

Since no one is posting I'm going to comment that I added some more levels to this and am making a few more now :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017

Are the new levels only in the first post? I remember 6 or 7...-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017 edited

I made my own level... but, can you make it so that if there are no shapes actually being cut, it will not change the number of cuts left?

EDIT: Here is a different version. It fixes the bug discussed
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017

Actually, that is a bug. When I try to slice the top parts, it often ends up with a disconnected polygon that becomes non-physics...-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2017 edited

It isn't so much a bug as it is something that was not taken into consideration when I designed it.
    The shape can only break into two shapes, never three, so any concave edge that can result in three separate parts after the cut will result in broken polygon shapes, which do not simulate well in the editor.

Also, I beat your edited version with 8 cuts :P I would post a screenshot but I forget how to on a mac :(

EDIT: New high score! Beat it in 4 cuts! :D bit of timing involved since the thing falls apart fast

EDIT: and now I'm not certain if I won or not since I just realized that if all yellows fall off screen, the win screen triggers...

EDIT: Okay I fixed the cheating bug and your request to not "cut" when you don't hit a block. And now my score is officially 4 :D

•  
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Shift Command 4 and drag to take a screenshot. I am not sure exactly how to beat it since I cannot waste any of the material in the center...-----------------