Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012 edited

Briefly, it`s a tool for making tile-based things. (Example includen(click))

Level: the code of level. A for empty tile, B for tile #1, C for #2 etc.
    Legend: IDs of entities that are corresponding tiles.
    Level width: how many tiles a row contains.
    Tile width: generally, distance between neighbour tile. Usually width of entity.
    Tile heigth: generally, distance between neighbour tile. Usually heigth of entity.
    X offset: X coordinate of top-left point of level.
    Y offset: Y coordinate of top-left point of level.
    0th entity: trick the "Legend" variable and set the entity with 0 ID you like! Example: needed IDs: 5,7,8. Legend: "-2,0,1". 0th entity: Entity#7.
    Controller (input): a shape that gets destroyed, but its clone (which is in the same place) becomes a brother of all level.
    Controller (output): the result clone of Controller (input). So, if you are unsure which tile to move to move the whole level, move the controller. You can also use "Destroy brother group" to erase the level. (Or you can load a new level, it`ll overwrite automatically)
    -----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012

Oh!
    You somehow just made something that I just happened to need right now to make an experimental tool of my own!
    xD

Well, this is actually pretty useful.
    I suspect that if we ever make any large 2D RPGs or anything like that, we will need something like this.
    I don't see any bugs either. Nice work!

Your explanation has a little error though, you might want to look that over.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012

@Xyuzhg: "Your explanation has a little error though" ...where?-----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2012 edited

You repeat "Tile width" where it should be "Tile height".
    When I first read it, I actually missed the error myself.
    Sorry for not clarifying in my post.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2012

Fixed...
    rofl-----------------
    LD35!