Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2012 edited

I think it is time to create a new thread for v.1.59 bug reports.
    After all, we had one for v.1.56, so why not? This version might benefit greatly from bug reports because of the introduction of the image and sound modules.
    ----

I find that there is a small bug with arrays nested inside arrays.
    Let's say the big array has a length of 2 and thus contains 2 smaller arrays within.
    The first array inside it contains three numbers, like [0,2,6], and the second has another three numbers.
    There are no problems at all if the two inside arrays are different.
    If they are exactly the same, however, one change to one of them will actually also happen to the other one as well.
    Basically, if the first array is [2,6,1] and the second is also [2,6,1], if you set the first array as [5,1,8], the second array will also be set as [5,1,8].
    This happens for any number of arrays that are the same.

EDIT: I'm seeing this happen for any two arrays, nested or not, as long as both of them are either nested or not nested.

---
    I also think we should unsticky the 1.50 Feature Requests/Refinements, as it's both inactive and outdated.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012

Can you confirm they are not the same array?-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012

Oh, yes, I've confirmed it.
    But with some testing and retesting, the problem seems to have disappeared by itself. :/
    Oh well!

Anyway, if anybody else has any bug reports, then feel free to use this thread.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited

How about that?

Function doesn`t remove an element from the array itself, but from its copy, but it affects the original array.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012

It is not copy of the input array. It is exact the input array.
    Maybe I should add a CloneArray API.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012

What`s the difference?????
    As far as i know, assigning a to b is same as copying!
    And i do not remove elements from input array, but from some other array that somehow happened to have the same value!-----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012

Ah!
    Yes, I believe this was the very 'bug' I encountered.
    It fixed by itself when I moved the array out from a function into a handler.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012 edited

Sorry, I should make it clear in the docs.

When calling a function, the system will create a temporary variable for each parameter and call "tempVariableN = parameterN" for each parameter.
    In Piapia language, parameter passings are more like Java. It is different with c/c++.

When using the assign APIs, only Numbers and Booleans are exactly value-copied.
    For other non-primitive types, it just copies the value references (or pointers).

For example, after calling "entityB = entityA", entityB and entityA are exactly the same entity.
    Calling "SetVisible (entityB, false)" and calling "SetVisible (entityA, false)" are totally same in effect.

For Strings, it also copies the reference. But one thing to note, "stringA + stringB" will return a new string, it is neither stringA nor stringB.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2012

Oh! I found a minor typo in the editor.
    I know there are a lot of typos, but... Eh, I'll just post it there.

I marked the typo with an arrow.
    (url)
    -----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012

:) There are 2 such bugs in fact.

Thanks for this finding.
    It will be fixed in the next build.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012

I almost forget the CloneArray API is added already.
    ConcatArray (array1, arrray2) will return a new array.
    Making either of the two parameters as null will get a clone of another parameter.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012

btw, I just added RevserseArray and SwapArrayElements APIs.-----------------
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012 edited

There's a bug in the PhYard editor.
    Occasionally, it just randomly loads the latest saved version of a level.
    I have just lost considerable progress because of this.
    I find that this happens mostly when I switch windows/tabs or resize the level.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012

This would be serious bug.
    You means "randomly loads the latest saved version of a level" online, right?-----------------
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012

Yes.
    ---
    This isn't a bug, but in the future, how much improvement in the processing speed of a design should we expect if we were to disable the physics simulation of the level?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012

"disable the physics simulation of the level"?
    you mean stop the playing mode in editor?-----------------
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2012

Well, I meant whatever you said in the 1.59 is here thread:

"In fact, I am planning to add some new design settings in next version.
    - enable physics simulation or not
    - initial speedX
    - physics simulation step time length
    - physics simulation quanlity"-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2012

I think that's a physic stimulating. Like, you can press buttons even when all physic shapes are "paused"... Unlike pausing. Am I correct?
    (No.)-----------------
    •  

It`s disabling FBox2D and leaving everything else, i think.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

ok, get it.
    It will be supported in v1.60.

In fact, you can make all shapes static to get a similar effect now.-----------------
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2012

Suddenly, I seem to be finding a few fatal bugs.

One is that hinge joints often appear as mere small circles during playback, as the white circle around the hinge itself is not visible.
    Another is an importing bug. It seems that all shapes will be imported in the correct positions (center of camera), but joints are imported to a different location.
    Upon importing, if you drag the already highlighted objects, those joints will travel at twice the speed of the shapes.
    I find that the joints are imported to a place so that the displacement of them to the current camera is equal to the displacement of the current camera to the original imported camera location.
    It's almost as if you accidentally added the x and y values instead of subtracting them, or vice versa.

Can you please quickly fix these problems?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012

And I found that "Set sleeping" API works somehow... wrong. I think is sets sleep, but the shape instantly wakes up.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2012

Did you allow sleeping in options? If you didn't(, fail!)...-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2012

There is some much options, which one is to allow sleeping? "Allow sleeping"? Then it`s allowed. I changed no options. Everything is *forgot a word* ...initial.-----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012

Uhh, Tapir?

I don't seem to be able to type.
    That is, it seems that OnKeyDown and similar event handlers don't seem to be responding properly in the new editor.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012 edited

WHY do you have to update editor when I'm in middle of making LD game?????
    So here is a question: a code line calling a function (Like "Function ()") became grey. There is no returns/breaks before. And it always works for determined functions. I think (*sigh* thought) it was on purpose, but anyway, what the hell is it??? (It didn't work for previous version. I haven't test it in new version yet)
    [edit]OH NOES!!!!! When I added a new function IT...
    (url) [/edit]
    It seems to happen to functions with a specific ID (about 25).
    Seriously. Check functions. They are just laughing at me.
    And key handlers don't work.
    And if my game won't work in new editor today, could you please help me publishing it in r006 version?-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012 edited

sorry, I can give you an emergency solution soon.

[edit] it seems this bug also exist in the previous builds.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012

Oh, I will miss the LD contest again.-----------------
    •  

@Tapir: I already published my entry. I just changed "...edit?EditorVersion=1.60" to "...edit?EditorVersion=1.59" in the link.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

aha, glad you found a way to avoid this bug.

But I just found this bug also exist in v1.59.
    Anyway, I will fixed it soon.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

The bug is fixed now.-----------------
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

Not really a bug report, but there's a small typo.
    "Move Selection(s) Accuratyly" is probably not the right spelling. :P

Which brings me to my next point.
    Now that we can move the selection accurately, can you make it so that we can somehow change the editing ring's position without dragging it?
    For example, maybe we can select something like "Move Ring To..." then set the x and y values of the 'center' of the ring.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

I als found the typo error.
    I will add "move transform ring accurately" in the next build.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012

I have add a hot key CTRL+= to align a texture center with shape center.

You can also hold CTRL to move/scale/rotate/flip a texture.-----------------
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012

Tapir, it appears as though polygon/line exporting and cloning is broken.
    I can't really describe the bug, but it is rather significant.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012

I also found this bug.
    It is fixed already.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012 edited

hey guys, it's been quite some time eh? Tapir i can see the editor has come a long way,
    sadly tho, as i was thinking about making a new pinball game, with lights and sounds and everything fun... but i came across a few ... bugs...

as it seams... small shapes that are attatched to joints are effected differently than larger shapes...
    here i have 2 joints, and two rectangles, one small one large. small being effected by bug, large not being effected
    the small one is set to limit -30 to 30 degrees,
    the large one is set to, what i THINK the small one is ACTUALLY set to, being, which i found to be -1260 to 1260 ish ?
    anyway, both are programmed to act the exact same way. when you press Z, they rotate one way, when you release it, they rotate the other.
    ONLY the large acts in this manner, the smaller one is bound by some imaginary larger limits...

also, im very sad that the bullet STILL does not live up to the standards i would like it to :( is there no way we could make it better?
    the left text counts the rotations (total) that happen, the right one counts the rotations around locally from 0 degrees...

Tapir im sad :( please fix all these things :(

•  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012 edited

@BioManiac,
    the both problems come from the fbox2d or box2d,
    and they are not easy to solve in a short time.
    I have put the example in the wiki: http://wiki.colorinfection.com/index...
    I will try to fix it sooner.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012 edited

found some bugs

1 - using the "break links" button on the entity assigners (yellow circle things with two dots above them) does not create an undo point. doing this will add to the next undo point created and will be undone with it... EDIT - the same problem happens when moving the shapes with the arrow keys, there is no undo button created after moving them...

2 - having two local variables with the same name (the default name because i'm too lazy to change it) works fine if you assign correct one yourself, but if you load it in the editor and then open the dialog box and click OK - even if you changed nothing - it will change all the same variables to the FIRST variable with that name.
    Example - load the source code from my comment (two above) in the newest editor, it works fine - but if you click the dialog box for the collision with the boxes, the two counters, with the same number variable, will change which variable they use....

also - remade the previous problem example.... Tapir please fix this... i have no idea what the problem is... I can't make a pinball game with the new editor until it is fixed :(

•  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012

1. I will add auto check point after "break all links", but the for the "arrow keys move entities", you can press "S" to create a undo point manually now.
    2. haha, currently, I haven't add UUIDs for variables, so "judging if 2 variables are the same one" is totally determined by there types and names. Haha, don't be that lazy.

I will add UUIDs for variables and fix the physics engine bug when the following published games get enough revenue.-----------------