Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2012 edited

Maybe you have found the player skin is changed.

Now the new skin is an adaptive one. It will support well for any of PC, phone and tablet devices, adaptively.
    The new skin has two styles: overlay and the traditional top-bar style. Now the default style is the overlay one.
    On phone and tablet devices, the style will be set overlay at run-time even if you set it top-bar in the world viewport setting dialog.

And now the "download packages" for design packages are also supported on phyard.com now.
    Whereas "custom icons for Android pacakges" is still not finished yet. It will be finished tomorrow.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012 edited

"custom icons for Android pacakges" still needs 2 days to finish.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012 edited

Indeed, it`s nice, but after turning sound off and then on with the sound controller the sound doesn`t continue playing (I`m not mistaken, am I?). It might trouble the music.
    And what about FPS? It seems to show/hide every 5 times you click pause button. And that`s weird.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012

you turn on the FPS? it can be only turned on when you press START and PAUSE rapidly for repeating 5 times.
    If you didn't turn on it with this way, it is a bug.

I will re-implement the sound on/off soon.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012

I like the new player. It looks a bit more akward indeed.
    The overlay style is actually quite good for simple designs.
    Glad to hear you're getting it to work on phones!-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2012 edited

It is a little better than the old one.
    Sorry, I have not many artist brain cells. :)

The important point is the overlay skin is adaptive for all kind of devices.
    The buttons sizes is different on different devices.
    This will avoid many game porting problems.
    And yes, this will not avoid all the porting problems, for example, on the touch screen devices, the OnKeyDown/Hold/Up events will never triggered.
    So to make a game run well on all kinds of devices, for game controls, it is best to use only the mouse event handlers.
    But be attention to the MouseMove event, it will only be triggered when the Left Button is hold on touch screen device.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012

Mouse events have worked on my SGS as they would work on PC.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012

I just realized that, besides spelling "awkward" wrong, I meant totally the opposite...
    I meant that the player looks a little better. Probably I wanted to write "a little less awkward", but since I'm always rewriting and editing my comments, well, I just mistype a lot. :P-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012 edited

What is "akward"? I know it is "awkward".

haha, I often miss a "not" in my writings. When I revisit some my old posts, I found many this cases.
    Maybe some of you have ever been aware of this. :)-----------------