Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012 edited

Okay, this is a pretty much pointless thread, but I want to put my ideas somewhere anyway :P

- - - - - - - - - -

1.Split-screen functions
    The screen is divided in two by a horizontal line.
    It works a bit like the earlier versions, the real things happen in somewhere else and the two screens are just copying the real one. When the polygons of the upper screen touch the line between the screens, would an "are entities contacted" be called, and every segment of the polygon below the line would be divided in two, and they'd be set in the point where the side crosses the screen border (knowing its Y will do). If not crossed, do not even create a new segment. This would be mirrored on the other screen (so shapes don't get to each others' sides). To make this more clear, the point is to do this with functions, but on both sides:

I might do this sometime.

- - - - - - - - -

2. A track-based tower defense game with tanks, "tank destroyers", stationary weapons, choppers, infantry, Javelins and RPGs and stuff like that with endless ammo. Enemies attack you too, but mostly try to reach the end. Got a lot of ideas for this. Of course, it has rounds.
    Ideas:
    - buildings to cover your infantry and flank enemies
    - normal soldier can kill others by flanking them (enemy AI needed) but die if in bad position. Short range, fast firerate and quick reload
    - sniper (infantry one-shot kill) Long range, slooww reload and rate of fire. Can be shot by enemy snipers or anything that gets close
    - tanks (again position, angle, etc.) can be set to not move, or can be set to drive in a pattern on the road. They destroy each other with 4 shots and have a medium rate of fire. You can take yours out for a round for 50% repair
    - engineer is like normal, but only uses an RPG which can only damage enemy tanks for 25-40% depending on where he hits. Can also shoot enemy choppers 1- shot kill but has an accuracy rate of 1/12. Med range, med firerate.
    - javelin team: 1 shot destroy tanks and choppers. Costs like clap. slow firerate, epic range.
    - choppers can be set to fly a certain pattern in the sky and rocket the duck out of the enemies. You can land them for 2 rounds for 50% repair.
    - mines can be used like road spikes in bloons td, but they only affect one tank and do 50% damage.
    - claymores are the same but for infantry. They cost less and can kill many at a time.
    - all "towers" have prioritize settings like in bloons td 5

- - - - - - - - - -

more to come-----------------
    On the tower defence, would you like a base design? I'm working on one and I need a secondary coder to do things I can't, like having projectiles follow the targeted enemy. It's going to be (semi-loosely) based off of Vector TD. I'd be more than willing to throw in a few mobile systems as well, with your help.-----------------
    Tumblr full of random stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2012

tower defense sounds more like a multiplayer battle than vs an AI S: ... very interesting tho! if i have time i might be able to help :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2012

For a multiplayer version, it could be good to have everything attacking to cost more than your defending stuff (so both attack and defense but it's not really much needed. But defenders always must have an advantage over attackers. (I've probably played bf3 too much lately?)
    I can't help or be helped for the next week as I'm going to London. Might go online tomorrow-----------------