Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkinloch
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012 edited

The challenge is to make a Goldberg to make a cup of tea.
    The more complex the better!

You should start with this water dispenser

and do the rest (you make the teabags, milk, sugar etc... then make a needlessly complex machine to add them together and take them out of their containers)
    The milk and sugar is optional and the style of teabag or tea leaves is to.

I would have a try as well but I haven't got much time at the time of writing this so maybe later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012

I'm not much of a goldberg person - but I'll bump in hoping that someone is making something to see :D
    • CommentAuthorkinloch
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012

I was going to post my attempt here but my browser crashed and I lost everything. :(
    I may try again later and make sure I save often.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

aww i hate when that happens!! it's done it to me 3 times while i was making my colourful tetris game!!!
    i was soooo mad i had to start over 3 times :( but it's done (mostly) now xD
    cant wait to see your design for this too kinloch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

It seems this is not a rare case.
    Sorry.

Do you have any clues on what situation the editor is prone to crash?
    I ever encountered the crashes when a very large level is pasted in the text box of the World Loading Dialog.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    • CommentAuthorkinloch
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012 edited

It my have been because my computer isn't very powerful (It is an old e-mac or something like that)
    for me on this computer(I do have others) my browser crashing is something that happens more often than usual.
    edit:
    I think it is because of my old computer and not the editor.
    I have noticed a lot of bugs that only happen on this old computer and as far as I know the bugs are not on a more up to date one.
    The computer I am using is very out of date(I am surprised the editor works as most other things don't) on some websites things don't work like on one forum I cant post anything and on another the post reply button downloads something instead of posting.... so I dont think it is a fault of the editor, probably just my browser.
    I could use a different, better one but that is often in use by other members of my family so that is why I use this old one.

Edit 2:
    I am making progress but it will be slow as I have other things to do as well.
    also I have had no more crashes so far :)
    I will try and make one. By the way, how do you change the colour.

Edit:
    Here is my design.

It does fail at the start, need blues stuck on it and coloured

Edit 2:
    Just more sugar and teabag's infected balls are movables. nothing else
    -----------------
    https://i.gyazo.com/6efd8708c249ddc6ae7e1040267094ec.png
    • CommentAuthorkinloch
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2012

You change the colour by pressing the spanner then appearance then uncheck 'is CI shape' then change the colour using the fill colour thing.
    Thanks! And I just had a thought... I didn't enable MY source code so I cant continue on

Edit:
    I've did it with colours!

Edit2:
    This wasent a rube goldberg.
    It was an click to add in-----------------
    Is this really what Goldbergs have become? I guess I will have to work on a <i>true</i> Goldberg at some point.-----------------
    Tumblr full of random stuff
    • CommentAuthorkinloch
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2012

I will be going for two weeks starting tomorrow( saterday) so my progress on my attempt will be delayed a while.
    the first week will be a camp, the second a sailing holiday.

I have made some progress but I have a lot still left to do so after the two weeks there will still be some time before I can post my attempt.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012

hahaha Daily Evil Killer your levels made me lauph, mainly because there is more sugar in there than there is water xD hahaha
    orly?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited

Edited the water dispenser a bit and still under construction (!) (60fps)

As you can see, CI looks great and smooth in 60fps!-----------------