Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012 edited

http://www.colorinfection.com/htmls/...

improvements:
    - a better undo implementation
    - now, sounds, images, functions and ccats all have a uuid property to avoid duplications after an importing.
    - now, to zoom a panel, please hold CTRL when applying a mouse wheeling. In scene edit panel, a mouse wheeling will zoom the transform ring.

bug fix:
    - the the second parameter "Draw Gesture" of SetGestureEnabled API is useless.
    - some mouse events will not be triggered when gestures are painted.

Now the coordinate scale can customized again.
    In v2.00, the default value is 20 pixels/meter. In v2.01, it is changed to 50 pixels/meter.

Please Note: now, after loading a new world, you can not undo it to the previous world.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

the online app packager will be improved soon.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012

Tapir, sailing against the wind in a boat...
    Getting further every day! ;)-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited

Yay! (not in its slang meaning)
    I have waited for the scale customization for a long time. I sometimes had problems knowing if we're talking about pixels or meters.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012

About the scale, generally, more pixels per meter is better, but if the value is too high, box2d may simulate weirdly.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012 edited

Is the gesture trigger a hidden function now? I loaded some of your teleporter levels and they seem to have it, though I can't find it anywhere-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012

Hey Tapir, i'd like to say something before it gets too late, but I think some of the things you have changed with the editor are not as user friendly or liked by many of the users :( I believe I am not the only one who thinks this, skyminer, a new member to CIF has also expressed his dislike of the newer versions as seen here: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...

a few things i'd request you change back, although I know you spent alot of time to make them, they aren't as nice features as they intended to be...

1 - the ability to edit the player, such as seen in versions 1.57 and earlier, was very nice, and I really liked having the play bar at the top of the screen, and being able to edit speed, zoom, etc, i very much dislike the new pause and restart features that you have now in the top left corner, it prevents us from pausing or restarting quickly. This is the main reason of this post so please do change, or at least allow for us to choose which player and if we want the view bar at the top of the level

2 - the top shortcut buttons - i'm fairly sure you turned them into keyboard shortcuts? but i'm not entirely sure... things like showing the entity ID's, Links, Hide invisibles, i'm not sure where it is, i looked through the manual and pressed a lot of shortcuts but I can't find it :( hopefully you can place the small buttons back at the top for people like me who are too dumb to know the shortcuts to see entity IDs and such :)

3 - editing shapes - the circle around a selected shape or shapes is cool and all, but if you don't experiment with it, you don't know what the different coloured circles or squares do, and I didn't know that i could move the circle until I accidentally dragged it, perhaps add small words near them - or at the very least - how about a tooltip when over the shape? they could read (local rotate, world rotate, local size, world size, etc) and I'd request that there is another shape that is a click and drag for the entire circle, so, instead of just clicking the rim of the circle, we click the click and drag peice. Also, I dislike how the circle reset's it's orientation and size EVERY time i release the click... it can be troublesome since after finding the specific shape i want (local rotate, world, etc) and then using it, it has then moved and is no longer under the mouse... I'd request that the edit circle does NOT reset unless the highlighted objects are un-highlighted and then re-highlighted, so that the orientation and size of the edit circle is not lost during the editing :)

4 - scale-able windows - this is an interesting feature, but i'm not sure it is necessary, I liked the full screen one, perhaps add a full screen button to the window and it would go back full screen? that would be cool! I really miss the full screen mode, and dislike having to edit the size of the box every time I open the editor... please add this :)

thanks Tapir! I still love the editor, you have just made a few changes that I believe are not as user friendly as they could be, perhaps more people should comment on my ideas/requests and give input as to what they think about it, but I would really like the newer version much better if you made these changes :) please and thank you Tapir!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012

I'm back, and it's to be away once more. I missed a lot. Well, it's summer.
    Now it's time to get used to new editor. Wait, there are not too much changes...
    (Still, what do entity filters do?)-----------------
    LD35!
    •  

Wait... There's something called enriry filter? What's that? I'm obviously missing something(•_°)-----------------
    •  

@Firemil: "Trigger components" tab, 4th row from the top. The bottom of the top part of trigger components. Below entity assigners.
    I thought that they only send the entities to the trigger if they satisfy some condition, but it never worked for me.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012

@Firemil,
    the gesture event handler is created by hold CTRL+SHIFT+g.
    the "enriry” misspelling bug is fixed already.

@Madball,
    I also feel the entity filter is weird, I will check it soon.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012 edited

@BioManiac R2,

> "1 - the ability to edit the player"
    you can select the UI style in the scene viewport setting dialog. The default one is the overlay one. The overlay one has a better experience on figure touch mobile devices.

> "2 - the top shortcut buttons“
    The show links button is moved to the main toolbar. The show-ids and show/hide some entities are really removed. I can add add the show-ids back soon. The "show/hide some entities“ will be re-implemented by a new way. You can also find an entity by id in the status bar.

> "3 - editing shapes"
    The introduction of the transform-ring is to keep the sight of the designers around the screen center. Yes, I know, there are some annoying bad side-effects.
    Your request is good. I will try to implement it sooner. I will also add a button to show/hide the transform-ring.

Currently:
    - you can scale the transform-ring with mouse-wheel.
    - you can move the transform-ring by dragging it.
    - the 8 handlers have context menus.
    - when there are some entity are selected, the scene has a "Move Entities Accurately" context menu item.

> "4 - scale-able windows"
    I will try turn it back to the full screen mode in the next version. Or we make a vote?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012

@tapir
    No, it wasn't mispelled! I just mispelled it, didn't know it existed anyway.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012

yay Tapir you're the best :) I did not know we could use the old player, i'm glad we still can, i'll need to try it right away! I'm sad that the show entity-id's are gone for good, i used it a lot in levels when trying to find specific triggers in my mass of triggers on screen haha, clicking each one to find the ID is a pain when looking for what to turn on/off at certain times, so please do add it back !! the transforming wheel as you know does still need work, but i think in time it will work very well :D it has some very nice features for moving and rotating shapes in three ways which is very nice! and the scale able windows does not need to be removed- some may like it and you put effort into it, and i dislike removing anything effort was put into, so i propose that simply - a full screen button should be added :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012

aha, I have already changed it back in v2.02.
    I will find a better UI design other than the full screen and the floating ones.

I will add the show-id button back.

btw, v2.02 is released. Just some small changes.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012 edited

The link is broken by the way. The link says colorinfection.appspot.com/htmls/editor_page_0201.htm which is wrong. /editor_page0202.htm works.
    I also have a feature request. I'd like to have Ctrl+Z for undo (and maybe Ctrl+Alt+Z or Ctrl+Y for redo). I'm sure many people have gotten used to that as it's used just about everywhere.
    Also, the new editor seems much slower compared to 1.60. For some reason I don't get it to run on preferred 25fps. It drops to 11, 60fps drops to 27 etc-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2012 edited

the link is fixed now.

BTW, the v2.00+ page is changed to http://colorinfection.appspot.com/ht... (http://colorinfection.appspot.com/htmls/editor_page_euler.htm),
    instead of editor_page_epsilon.htm. Sorry for the mistake.

v2.00+ is slower? You mean the editor or the solo player?
    I will check it.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorMCC (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012

It seems that every time you hit play in v2.02 there is a fade delay before the level is started.
    This is very annoying for testing really... it should only appear in the final version, not in editing mode. ;)-----------------
    I'm still around... observing.
    I leave all that I own to my cat guppy
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012

I will upload a new version soon to remove the fading in editor.

-------

btw, reply to your comment in this thread: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...
    > for and foreach

I will try to add more loop flow control instructions, including the two you proposed, sooner.
    They are some different with the two basic control instructions, if and while, in implementation.
    And I need to recheck my old code to recall the train of design thought.
    And I am busy making and polishing the VoDoCI game now.
    So, I really have no ideas on when will the new loop instructions will be added.
    I will try to add them in next month after VoDoCI is released.

Sometimes I wonder why I will continue the development of CIE.
    It has already fallen behind many competitors in many respects.
    What are the unique elements in CIE?
    I think the most unique one is the Piapia language.
    But it is still far to the best. It is not a very enjoyable programming language.
    So, now, making the Piapia language more enjoyable is the main goal of CIE development.
    I also hope Piapia language will become the first enjoyable programming language on tablet devices.
    There will be many big changes in the UI of coding with Piapia language.

But before making the changes, I need to get some revenue first.
    So please be patient for the new changes.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012 edited

I just uploaded a new build.
    The fading-in effect is removed for editing.

Now press i to toggle "show IDs".

Fixed a critical bug: when there are more than 31 custom functions, the code logic may be ill.

Added a new important API: world/general/MergeSceneIntoTheCurrentOne.
    Tis API is good for putting the common interfaces for all levels in a seperated scene.
    You can also put some common logic in the seperated scene.
    v2.03 will be released soon to make this API more usable.

Add new viewport options: use the default level finished dialog,
    so that you can implement your own level finished dialog

A new event handler: OnSystemBack event handler.
    This event handler has a boolean return value.
    The return value should indicate whetehr or not the level has handled the OnSystemBack event properly.
    This event handler is specially added for Android and Widnow Phone apps. PC and iOS has no BACK key.
    When the BACK key of the mobile phone is pressed:
    - if the default level finished dialog and help dialog are opened, close them.
    - if no default dialogs are opened and no OnSystemBack event handlers return true, the system will exit the current level forcely.
    - if no default dialogs are opened and any OnSystemBack event handlers return true, the system will do nothing. Generally, the app will show a "comfirm exit" dialog.
    (above, level means scene)-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012 edited

[update]

press CTRL + SHIFT + B to create a OnSystemBack event handler.

For CTRL+MouseWheel will comflict with the browser zoom, now, you can also press SHIFT+MouseWheel to zoom a panel.

The sound API now supports playing a sound crossing levels.
    The differences between crossing-levels sound playings and general sound playings:
    - each sound will only have most one crossing-levels playing at any time.
    - crossing-levels playing will not stop when level is restarted or switched.

---------------------------

The release of VoDoCI is delayed to about 10.10.
    I will release the v2.03 soon. After this release, all detail aspects of making a whole game will be covered.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2012

Cool! I don't understand well what does 'merging scenes' mean, but it sounds cool.
    And SHIFT+MouseWheel is next/previous page.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2012

In IE, you can avoid the "next/previous page" by open the editor page in new window.
    Or you cn press CTRL+SHIFT+MouseWheel.

MergeScene (sceneB) will load the sceneB into the current scene, assume it is sceneA.
    You can think sceneB is cloned into the sceneA.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2012

I'm afraid "AdjustAppearenceOrderRelativeTo" works incorrect.

In the example it should move the top-most circle behind the left most. However it is moved in front of it.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012 edited

v2.03 released:
    - add 2 new variable spaces, Scene Common Global Variable Space and Scene Common Custom Entity Properties, so that the merged scene (in playing) and the base scene can share and use some common properties.
    - add 2 variable spaces, World Global Variable Space and Game Save Variable Space. The 2's edit dialogs can be opened from the context menu of any other "edit variable space" buttons. I limit the available value types for the 2 variable spaces (and scene session variable space) to: Boolean, Number, String and Array. Yes you still can store other value types in Array, but doing this is not recommended, the variables of the other value types will be set null when restart or switch levels.
    - 2 APIs, world/gnenral/[Write|Load]GameSaveData, are added for the Game Save Variable Space.
    - some other APIs are also added in world/general, such as GetNextScene, GetPrevScene, IsNullScene. (I will added 2 missed ones, GetCurrentScene and Scene==Scene). This APIs are helpful for you make your own level finished dialog.
    - some APIs are added in global/system

Now, you can use the MergeScene API to separate your game logic and interface from general levels.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012

The bug in AdjustAppearenceOrderRelativeTo is fixed.

About how to separate common logic and UI from general levels, I modified the WindCI design,
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40607499/Win...
    Load the source code, you will find the last scene is called "UI".
    Other general levels will merge the last scene in an OnBeforeLevelInitilizing event handler, and config some level specific settings.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2012

Hmm...

It seems that self-adjusting text boxes don't actually change their intrinsic width and height values in runtime.
    In other words, no matter what you put in those boxes, the Get Rectangle Size returns the original width and height of the box as visible in the editor.
    Is it possible to have the rectangle size values change as the text does during runtime?-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2012

Here is a bug: in Image Assets Manager (F3), when you scroll down, it won't show the last row if it's not full (has less images than the other rows).-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012

i quickly (didt had much time) tryed the game save facture
    doesnt work for me.how to use it?
    im sure i do something wrong-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012

could you paste your example?

generally, the strategy of using the Game Save APIs:
    - create your data (variables) in the Game Save variable space. (only boolean, number and string are supported.)
    - when your game starts, call LoadGameSave (). Generally, call it in a OnBeforeLevelInitializing event handler of the entry scene (first scene).
    - whenever the values of your Game Save variables change, call SaveGameSave ()

that's all, if the LoadGameSave and SaveGameSave are never called, the Game Save variable space functions the same as the World Global variable space.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012

tnx.sounds cool but is it saved on th computer or on the account playing it?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2012

It is saved in Flash cookie, on the computor.
    Saving it on phayrd is not implemented yet.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012

ok.but if you are going to inplent it.there should be an erase save data button too somewhere.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012

I will add a cheat code to reset game.-----------------
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2012 edited

Now, in playing mode of the editor, you can select the "Clear Game Save Data" from the context menu of "Toggle Masking Play Field" button at the bottom bar to clear game save data.
    A ClearSaveData API is also added.

I forgot to add a cheat code in VoDoCI release, I will add it in the next release.-----------------
    test signature
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2012

I opened the Online Virtual Studio category for all advanced members.-----------------
    test signature
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2012

hey Tapir, either I'm doing something wrong or the link to the newest version doesn't work :( could you please try to fix ?
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012

[offtopic]Maybe you should add a topic for bug reports?[/offtopic]
    It seems comparing arrays doesn't work properly. Even if there are to exactly similar arrays, it tells that they are not equal. It only works when comparing an array to itself.
    -----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2012 edited

@BioManiac R2,
    I just uploaded a new build.
    the v2.00+ editor page is http://colorinfection.appspot.com/ht...
    and v2.03 is http://colorinfection.appspot.com/ht...
    sorry, the page titles are both wrong now.

@Madball
    yes, comparing array is only really compare the array pointers.
    Now, only Boolean, Number and String are compared by their real value.
    For other types, they are compared by their pointer.
    You need write a custom functions to compare Arrays by each element value now.
    I will add a such API soon.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013 edited

v2.04 is released. Add some small improvements:
    1. in the context menu of the scene edit panel, you can select "Set Grid Cell Size" to the the grid cell size.
    You can also press N to snap the selected entities to the grid.
    2. the text component is enhanced. Some new text related APIs are also added.
    3. new APIs:
    - Set/GetshapeTextureModule
    - Module type assign and compare
    - ModuleButton related APIs
    - System.CopyToClipboard API-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2013

Custom type will be next big feature to be implemented, for many other new features need the custom type feature.
    But in this period, I will also make some games, so I can't promise when this feature will be finished.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2013

In v2.04r002:
    - the comparing arrays element by element API is added (===).
    - more IsXxxShape APIs are added.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013 edited

Several days ago I uploaded v2.04 r007, some improvements in it:
    1. add a "clone selected scene" button besides the "new scene" button.
    2. you can double click a scene in the scene list to set it a new order id.
    3. add a new event handler type: OnLevelBeforeRepainting. (use CTRL+SHIFT+P to create it). You can reposition the UI elements in this event handler, so that the UI elements are looks static relative to camera.
    4. you can drag the selected image modules or sound assets to change their orders.
    5. add a "Clone" command in the context menu of assembled modules and sequenced modules.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013

6. Removed moving with arrow keys... Was so used to it.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013

:( I didn't intended to do it. I will check it.

Forgot to mention you can preview a sequenced module now.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013

I'm not sure whether this was a bug on my client side or not, but when I'm using the 2.04 offline editor, and the file size gets too large (music files, ugh.), "Too long to show. :( Please click the "Copy To Clipboard" button to copy the source code." shows up. When this happens, the buttons "Copy to clipboard", "Copy Forum Embed Playcode" and "Copy HTML embed code" would not work (clipboard stays the same), it would only be saved using the xml file method.
    Can this be checked?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2013

I'm pretty sure that's client side because I have developed games in that size before without issue. Event when I copy to clipboard, I have no problems.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013

@Unihedron,
    does the bug still exist?

@madball, "6. Removed moving with arrow keys... Was so used to it."
    sorry, I forget what does exactly mean now. :)-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2013 edited

As many have found, custom type/class is added in v2.05.
    The feature is still not implemented complete. But it is usable now.
    I will post an example soon.

Some notes:
    1. a custom type variable should be initialized with the New API
    2. now there are only one pair Set(Get)ArrayElementWith(As)XXX APIs now.
    3. a common assign and common equals APIs are added. I will write a detailed wiki paragraph to explain the 2 APIs.
    4. now some APIs parameter can be set with a variables with any types. these APIs including append text, if, while, etc.
    5. drag links to edit the code package levels in the code lib manager.

This version is an important version. Piapia language becomes a really language now. And many new features are possible to added now.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

v2.07:
    > not new features, just supports saving some global settings such as grid size and editor background.
    > fixed some small bugs.

btw, Phyard now supports half-publish a design, only vv2.07+ designs can be half-published. Half-publishing means a design can be shared even of it has not been published formally. For a half-published design, its latest revision will be played. This feature is good for sharing unfinished games.

In the design settings you can get the half-publish url. The url contains the design's world key. For old editors, the key may contains "," and ".", which are not supported in the current web framework used by Phyard. So if a old design' s world key contains "," and ".", please regenerate a new key in the world "Design Info" settings dialog (opened by click the "i" button).-----------------