Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2014

Found a small typo. In the tooltip for the delete scene button, it says "Move Down" instead of "delete scene".-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014

(Whisper Tapir >> Mathdude314)
    Not very understand the "Design Type" suggestion, can you descript more?

You could set a certain type, and it would be different to edit Challenge Mode would have settings that Multiplayer Mode would not. So if the design type is Challenge Mode, you could have two codes, the source code and the design code. Pasting the design code allows people to edit without being able to mess up objects. In challenge mode, all settings of pre-made objects are READ ONLY.
    Multiplayer Mode would have two sub-options: Cooperative (both players work to a common goal) and Competitive (like now).

Also, what exactly is a ByteArrayStream? Isn't it just a ByteArray?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014

The current implementation really supports both Cooperative and Competitive Multiplayer Modes.
    It depends on the designer to implement it properly.

Part of source code is read only? I'm think about a feature on Phyard, which is similar with this idea.
    I mean mod, which is normal design, of another design.
    Now, all designs can be viewed as mods of Phyard Player.
    Phyard Player can be viewed as mod of the web browsers.
    Web browsers can be viewed as mods of OSes.

Mod of mod of a design is also possible, but will not be supported absolutely.
    I haven't decided if mods of designs will be supported or not.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014

BUG - not sure if this was mentioned before:

Insert Array Elements: API - does not have an input for "the elements" xD making it totally useless !! -- unless "number of elements", actually means "the elements" ? [but it looks for number, so I guess not]
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014

I do NOT like working with arrays except arrays of strings. There is no sort function, "insert array elements" does not have "the elements" like Bio suggested, and the only way to rapidly generate arrays is Split String and Get Poly Vertexes.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014

But the main reason I don't like arrays is the fact that I can't use for loops. I have to use while loops. In fact, the entire coding language requires massive repetition for something as simple as the distance formula. Sure, that is "only" five extra commands, but a lot of things having hugely repetitive code is super annoying. It also makes it harder to read.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014 edited

@BioManiac R2,
    I added a new parameter for InsertArrayElement and CreateArray APIs.
    However, the inserted elements must have the same value.

Do you need InsertArrayIntoAnotherArray API?

@Mathdude314,
    Custom entity style array element access will be supported later.
    However, you know, for natural of Piapia lang, it is hard to put many small code lines in one line.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014

@Tapir, Insert Array Into Another Array, would simply be split array, then merge those 3 arrays?

I think being able to add a single element at a specified index would be sufficient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014

yes, use the SubArray and "Array + Array" APIs, not very efficient but works.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014

v2.08 is released, right mouse events is added.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2014

Tapir:
    Is Piapia language something you made for CI? Because it seems that it is designed specifically for the trigger system.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)

Yes, Math. Tapir designed the Piapia language.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  

How do you know?-----------------
    •  

I've talked to him about it. :P-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2014

Piapia is the sound of mouse clicks. :)-----------------
    •  

Sounds more like "ticka-ticka" to me.

This is really important for my Color Infection Challenges design.
    ON COLLIDE!
    You talked about this in v1.57 and now, 2 years and 10 editor versions later, I need it for something (specifically the impulse force) and I won't be able to finish my design without it.-----------------
    •  

I pronounce "Piapia" as pie-ya-pie-ya, obviously that's not what you say?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

I pronounce it : pee - uhh - pee - uhh :P
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

Lol, when I was first learning it, I pronounced it "puh-pie-uh"-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2014 edited

I recently found Piapia is native language used by very few people in Brazil.

btw, Two new event handlers are added: OnTwoPhysicsShapePreSolveCollding and OnTwoPhysicsShapePostSolveCollding.
    Some members requested the two before, but I didn't add them for various reasons.
    The most important reason is the two events are handled when the physics engine is still in calculating.
    Calling some APIs such as add/destroy shapes will make games crush.
    So now, all calling to the following APIs in these two event handlers, may be not a full list, will be ignored:
    - MergeScene
    - DestroyEntity
    - CreateExplosion
    - CloneShape
    - TeleportShape
    - MoveShape
    - RotateShape
    - FlipShape
    - ScaleShape
    - SetCircleRadius
    - SetRectangleSize
    - StPolyVertextes
    - SetBorderThickness
    - SetCurveThickness
    - ChangeShapeModule
    - MakeBrothers
    - BreakAwaysFromBrothers
    - BreakupAllBrothers
    - DestroyBrothers
    - BreakupAllConnections

You should set some flags in the global variables or custom entity variables then call above APIs in AfterLevelUpdated or other event handler.

The OnTwoPhysicsShapePreSolveCollding event handler is to show the situation two shapes is overlapping.
    The OnTwoPhysicsShapePostSolveCollding event handler is to show the situation of two overlapping shapes are pushed apart. These is normal pulse and tangent pulse parameter to show the pulse applied on the second shape. The normal pulse is related with restitution and the tangent pulse is related with the friction. You can judge if a shape brother group should be broken apart by these two values. (don't call BreakupAllBrothers API in the 2 event handlers)

Use CTRL+SHIFT+P and CTRL+SHIFT+O to create the 2 event handlers in editor.
    To make the two event handlers work, besides linking an entity pair assigner to them, the Shape/PhysicsProerties2/SetCaringAboutEvent API for according event type must be set for the shapes want to trigger the event.

The reason for adding the SetCaringAboutEvent API is the two new events may happen many many times in one loop step.
    To avoid bad performance, by default, all shapes are not care about the two new events.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

@MathDude
    a GetTwoPointsDistance API is added in Number/More.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014

Sorry, but that's like inflating only one tire of a car when they all leak. Sometimes I may need to
    - Concatenate a group of N strings (requires N-1 lines of code)
    - Loop through an array (requires 6 lines of code, plus the code inside the loop)
    - Create an N-element array (requires 2N+1 lines of code if they are direct values, N+1 if they are variables)
    These are three of a large number of things that need too many lines of code. You can add APIs for them and I'll come up with three more. What I think we need is a compilation of a large number of functions designed for convienence. And we definitely need for loops!

I think this is why Phyard Builder falls behind its competitors. The code is pretty complicated to use!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014 edited

It is a contradictory to keep APIs simple and make APIs powerful.
    More APIs means larger code base, which will make the created game files large and need more time to maintain.
    And adding more APIs will not solve the inconvenience problem in Piapia lang.
    I am planning to change the programming UI and style in CIE, dramatically.
    But I really have no enough time to do it right now.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2014

Guess what? Tapir released v2.09!

WITH NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER! (at least, no changes I can find!)-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014

Calm down. Might be many chances to the physic engine or something. You dont know.
    Also didt he add 2 new hidden triggers?-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014

That was the last build.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014 edited

Just wait till tapir says what he changed before raging alright?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014 edited

No big features for web player in v2.09.
    Mainly for mobile games.

Add service/advertisement APIs. Now only Google mobile Ads (AdMob) is supported.

Fix a small problem found when playing Xyuzhg's 2048 game. Now only the current player panel can receive keyboard events in editor.

Add "comment in/out" for calling lines in code snippet edit dialog.
    And now the line number is aligned perfectly. Before 9 and 10 are not aligned perfectly.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

btw, changed the theme for Phyard.com, partially now, only the home page and play page are changed. Other pages will be changed eventually.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

And I redesigned the mobile game building process, which still needs some programming knowledge, but will be easier than the before one.
    I will detail it more soon.-----------------
    •  

Nice updates Tapir. :)
    Great work, as always.-----------------
    •  

The new design is fine.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2014

Can you please have a "Featured Designs" instead of having ads for the top 30 all on the main page? It doesn't look as inviting as before. Just a bunch of random games. And what if my design isn\'t on that list? There's no link to "New Designs" except from the play page.

By the way, I also wonder why I didn't see Friction Platforms but I did see Gravity Adventure on the main page. Is that just me, does Friction Platforms have too few views, or what?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014 edited

"featured designs"? the left "design selections" just featured designs, they are shown by a random order.
    Friction Platforms is also in the selections.
    yes, no one like ads, especially on main page, but I want to make a test on mainpage for some time.
    now, the CPM for the whole Phyard.com is low, about $0.5.
    The total ad revenue of Phyard.com from 2011/07/01 is about $300.
    So I want to redisgn the site to get a better CPM.

I heard of some websites can get a $5+ CPM.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

btw, add some quick links in the More drop menu.

I ever planned to put the design selections on www.ColorInfection.com.
    But I changed my idea, just to concentrate the energy on one website development and guide the web traffic to one website.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014

The "ads" I was referring to are featuring designs, not off-site products.-----------------
    •  

By the way, what does "Submit High Score" do? What about "Submit Property Value"?
    I tried to make it work on Friction Platforms, but it doesn't work.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

tapir. did you change the way entity timers work?
    im trying to recolor many shapes at once. but only one linked shape changes color
    it worked in the older editors. why doesnt it work now?-----------------
    •  

Can you make this more clear?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

hey tapir. i just cant get my multiplayer thing to connect with vanderwaal. but i can connect with puzzle geek

http://www.phyard.com/design/builder...

when i was playing with puzzle geek. i could recieve messages send by him. but i cant send messages myself

everything works clear in the editor. but outside it bugs like hell-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

Make it so if the grid is dark, the links (e.g. between event handlers) become white when the background is dark. It's very hard to make Rubble Racer with the black background.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014

Ok tapir, this is ridiculous. It seems like v2.07-v2.10 flew by, there was no mention until you were asked, and you need to be a detective to know what the features are. Now we're in v2.10, and I can't find anything new.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2015 edited

aha, still mainly for mobile version. OnTouch events are added, only for mobile touch screen devices.
    You can also change link line color now.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+T and CTRL+SHIFT+R to create OnTouch events for world and shapes.
    OnTouch events are much like OnMouse events, the differences
    1. there may be multiple touch points coexisting at the same time, but there is only most one mouse at any time.
    2. the input parameters for OnTouch events are different.

When a touch point is created (by finger pressing), if it is the only touch point at that time, it is called the primary touch point.
    No only a TouchBegin event will be produced for it, but also will a MouseDown event (with mouse button down) be produced for it.
    So for many web designs depending on Mouse events, most of them will still run ok on mobile devices, excepts:
    1. the MoussMove events with mouse button up will not be detected and triggered.
    2. it is hard to touch-tap small shapes accurately. This should be considered when designing mobile apps.

-------------------------------------------

btw, I rewrote the steps to create mobile apps (git is needed):
    for android: http://wiki.colorinfection.com/index...
    for ios: http://wiki.colorinfection.com/index...-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015

So for the ipad you need to pay.

Is there any way to play designs localy for free. Not in the appstore?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015 edited

You don't need to pay for free apps, but for iOS, there are many restrictions by Apple:
    1. flash can't run in browser
    2. apps are not allowed download programs (Phyard designs) from internet.
    So the only way to make Phyard designs playable on iOS is to develop a JavaScript version of Phyard Player.
    But this need much time to finish.

For Android, Adobe ever made a Flash Player plugin app for android browser, but discontinued it about one or two years ago.
    You can still find it on internet somewhere to install, but I don't recommend this for security reason.
    Android doesn't forbid downloading internet programs, so I can make a Adobe Air based Phyard app to play Phyard designs.
    This needs much less time to develop.
    Maybe I can make a jailbreak version Adobe Air based iOS Phyard Player app also.
    When I have enough time, I will do it.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

ah i see. yes i know apple puts many restrictions on their products.

i regret a little i bought an ipad some years ago :/-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015 edited

iPad or iPad 2?
    If it is iPad, then it can't run most new apps, for the highest iOS version for iPad is iOS 5.
    But if it iPad 2, you are luck, for it can be upgraded to iOS 8.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

Yay! I have the iPad 2!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

I have ipad 2. But ill never update. I had ios 5. Then i upgraded to 6 ands its full of bugs glitches and all those stupid things. It runs 3 times as slow as normal-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

Tapir, do you ever get on the forum? I haven't seen you in forever.-----------------