Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013 edited

I'm trying to save a creation to phyard, but it keeps giving me and error:
    "Online save failed... returnCode = 37, returnMessage = null"
    Not sure what this means but now I'm sad :(
    I would post my creation here on the forums, but its kinda big... :/ (13,845,147 bytes)
    If anyone knows what this error is, please let me know. Thank you :D-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013

Not sure if this has anything to do with the given problem (probably does), but Phyard is now down 1 out 5 reloads of the page. Also, none of the games on the forums are even loading for me now. :/-----------------
    •  

Figured out the issue after some research. Phyard only supports up to 10M. Being as mine is nearly 14M, I'll see if I can host is on dropbox and post a link here :D-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

I can grow your design size limit to 15M on phyard.
    14M! Is there any problems when saving it offline?
    Are there some big images or sound files?-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

btw, I encountered "design saving failed" problem twice in the past 3 weeks, for Google Storage service refuses to save/load.-----------------
    •  

The game works fine at 14M, mostly. Only issue is importing more sound only uploads blank files. Images work fine though.
    I played around with non-phyard hosting, and it doesn't appear to work for large files. :(
    I don't want to force you to increase the upload size just for me. D: I can always figure out another way to host my game, or remove extra graphics.

Thanks Tapir for suggesting though. Its ok, I'll figure out a way to host from drop box or something. I'll even make a video tutorial on it if I do figure something out.

Oh! And to answer your question, no not large files, just a lot of them. 4 1000x1000 images, and about two, 3 minute music files, and four sound effects,-----------------
    •  

Well, being as I don't understand flash, nor have access to phyard's raw code, I couldn't figure out a solution xD

I settled on just deleting the title screen music and using a single background music the entire way through. Brings me down to 5M-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013

embedding playcode in a html file is only way to host a design elsewhere.
    do you use the way?

btw, I have increased your design file size to 15M.

"importing more sound only uploads blank files"
    it may be caused by unsupported mp3 format.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2013

Yes, I know about the html part. I found out that I can use the html code to upload the game to other sites. If nothing else, I could drop the code into and html file and drop it on my desktop as a click to play.

Yay! 15M! :D Much more room to work with. I promise you will love this game when its ready.
    "Cereal Killer," (as in the breakfast). ;)
    I think 1 maybe 2 more days tops.-----------------