Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013 edited

As I'm sure most of you can see, there hasn't been many posts recently here. So I was wondering if we could bring back the moderators challenges. Just to draw some attention back to the forums. I'll even post an entry. :) (And I haven't posted a design here in months. ^^)

I also have quite a few ideas of what to do, and I'm sure a discussions can be made here on specifics.
    If everyone else is too busy to run the challenge, I'll also be willing to host it if you want. Please tell what you guys think about this idea.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013 edited

All right, I made up a small list of some theme ideas for challenges.

Ideas:
    1) Animation (An animated video clip)
    2) Ragdoll (Beat up a ragdoll)
    3) Color based (Lots of colors!)
    4) Walker (A machine that can walk on its own)
    5) Zombie (Survive the zombie invasion)
    6) Escape (Escape from something)
    7) Machinery (Gears and similar)
    8) Music (Play a game in tune with the music)
    9) Adventure (A game with a storyline)

Not very long, but I'll add more later.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013

Support.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013

Thank you unihedron. :D

I believe the forums have been really needing some kind of large event or something to stir up some attention again. The werewolf role play game was pretty good with that. But when it ended, so did most of the rest of the posts. :(

Which theme do you vote for? (From the list above, or pick your own.)-----------------
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2013 edited

i vote for color based, where we invent CI colors like cyan, and make differant things happen using them, for example, i had the idea of making a cyan ball that flips anything it touches along the y axis.
    EDIT: and if you want the WW game to continue, join my game! we still need mor peopelz.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

I believe animations and music are just not a good category for a challenge. Escaping would be fun if proper rules are set up and the entries are moderated somehow. I personally prefer zombie most, followed by machinery and walker.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

my favourites are colour, walker, escape, and machinery. not sure if we could incorporate all those ideas, but i'd love to see any of them!
    •  

I like machinery and walker the best. Although I would prefer machinery overall. I want to make something out of gears. :D I'm sure that machinery and walker can easily be combined if triggers were limited to controlling hinges only. Walkers would have to be made to use lots of complex tactics to work in that case. And you could implement escape by using the walker as a character trying to escape from whatever. However, not too sure how color could be implemented... But! You could also throw in zombie by making the walker try to escape from some kind of zombie infested building or something.

:O IDEA!
    What if the challenge was to try an implement as many of the ideas listed above as possible, smoothly into a single design? That might be fun to watch. ^^-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

"What if the challenge was to try an implement as many of the ideas listed above as possible smoothly into a single design?"
    It would be rather difficult to measure the challenge as "possible smoothly" is never the most accurate statement.-----------------
    •  

Unihedron, sorry, I wasn't being very clear. I'll try to explain better. What I meant was that the challenge was to implement as many of the topics listed above into a single design as the user can. When I said "smoothly," I was saying that only the topics that flow together would be counted. Such as in my idea above. Have a walker made out of gears. That smoothly covers the topics of "Machinery," and "Walker." However, the machine is in random rainbow colors for no specific reason. So therefore, the colors don't really flow with the rest of the design, and thus, won't be counted. Like all the other Moderator Challenges in the past, there were multiple voters to decide which designs followed the rules and which ones didn't. As well as which design came out the best overall. The same concept would apply here. The hosts of this challenge would all vote over the designs and see which ones were successfully able to "smoothly" implement the topics. Of course the only way to do this would be through majority vote and overall best judgement.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013 edited

I believe if such challenge implementation is applied, the list of ideas may have to be modified- some of the elements wouldn't fit well together. Namely, Color Based and Zombie.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013 edited

Well, I believe that its better that the topics don't all easily fit together. It means the designs will be more creative when they come out. xD I would love to see how people try to find amazing ways to find ways to put these puzzle pieces together. Although the list would obviously need to be longer, if we choose to go this route.

What does everyone think on this idea?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2013

Alright, I've gotten enough feed back. :P I'm going to host the new challenge. Yay! Challenges! I'm starting the moderator challenge in an official thread. Any additional comments shall be posted there.

Can a moderator please close this thread?-----------------