Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFiremil (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013 edited

Long time, no see. Came across this while making a conveyor belt

Xyuzhg: Source code enabled.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

Source code not enabled. )=.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013 edited

I've enabled the source code.

It appears that this issue occurs for any sufficiently heavy load that a distance joint indirectly supports.
    Indeed, by observation, the bottom circles in the chain do not experience as much stretching.
    The issue doesn't appear to occur so dramatically (very minor stretching) in earlier editor versions.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013

"The issue doesn't appear to occur so dramatically (very minor stretching) in earlier editor versions." -Xyuzhg

Well, that's because the newer versions of the editor tend to focus more on code flexibility rather then physics. You'll notice that in each new version, the effects are worse and worse. It kinda sucks, but you could always make a code based conveyor belt, rather then a physics based one. You'll notice that a lot of my previous creations relied on physics, but I moved away from that as I got better with the code. (No, my creations weren't as good after that, but I still blame my poor creativity for that. :P)-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013

I've converted this thread to a general v2.05 bug report thread.

It's not a bug per se, but it seems that we can no longer assign elements of arrays to literal values directly.
    Currently, we have to first define a variable with the value wanted then assign that variable in the array.
    I can conceive of some reasons for this, but I think it would be far more convenient if we can assign literal values.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.