Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013 edited

Hello! Many of you have been asking for a new WW game. And so I present my version! This version has many changes from previous versions, so I suggest that you read all the rules carefully before we begin.

How To Play
    Requires a minimum of 4 players, but plays best with 6+.
    At the start of the game you will be assigned a role by the Game Master (puzzle geek) on one of the three teams.
    Back Story
    You and your friends were bored, and so you entered a holographic village to have fun. However, something was amiss. You woke up the next morning to discover that one of your friends has gone missing! Further examination revealed a hacker among you, someone that is disconnecting you one by one from the system! To help determine who is doing this terrible thing, you all imagined upon yourselves special abilities to use! Can you determine the Hacker and his lackeys, or will you all be disconnected, and split apart from your fun?

Night Phase
    Evil team
    • While everyone is sleeping decide upon a victim with your fellow evil. You do this by whispering to the GM.
    All Teams
    • This is the time to use your active ability (if you wish to) to help win the game for your team. You do this by whispering to the GM. You cannot use the same ability on a player twice in one game.
    • This is also the time to explore the holographic world if you wish. Again, you do this by whispering to the GM.

Day Phase
    • At the beginning of this phase everyone wakes up to find that someone has been disconnected by hackers and what that person\'s abilities were.
    Then, everyone votes on who they think is a evil. Vote by clearly posting which player you wish to vote for. Players can talk and say who they think is what.
    The player who receives the most votes will be forcefully disconnected (Eliminated). If the top vote is tied between two or more players and no affecting abilities exist, then no player is disconnected.

If you are eliminated, please do not try and ruin the game by participating in the discussion.

All trinkets, qualities, and roles have been combined into abilities. Each person will have one active, and one passive ability. Legends say that there was a way, a long time ago, to gain extra abilities...
    More Abilities may be added or changed later.

Active

Spy
    The ability to spy on a fellow player to determine their active ability.

Programmer
    Your role can protect one person from being disconnected once.

Farmer
    Your role can grow food to use as items.

Mute
    You can mute one person each night to prevent them from voting the next morning.

Block
    You can block someone from using their active ability for one day/night cycle.

Poison
    You can poison one person of your choice. The poisoned person will be disconnected in 2 cycles.

Confuse
    You can confuse 2 people on separate nights for the following day. Confusion causes people to vote randomly 50%.

Thief
    You can steal a random item from the person of your choice once.

Predictive
    This ability can be used to vote if you are disconnected. Your vote must be cast, however, before you are disconnected.

Passive

Alert
    This ability prevents you from being disconnected by hackers once.

Firewall
    Your ability will not be revealed if you are spied upon.

Intelligent
    You know the passive ability of everyone.

Political
    Each one of your votes, counts as 1.5.

Rebound
    If you\'re spied upon, the spy\'s team is revealed and reversed.

Reveal
    Your team is revealed when you use your active ability.

Protect
    Protects against 1 random ailment and theft.

When the game starts, the GM will whisper you your role, abilities, and any items that you have.

The game ends when only members of one team remain, or when its only possible for one team to win. If you\'re disconnected, and your team wins, you also win.

At night, any player that wishes to explore, may do so. To explore, just PM the GM with the direction you wish to explore. To the north is a desert, to the south is a forest, to the west is an ocean, and to the east is the tundra.
    While you explore, you may find items. Items can be used during the day phase by sending a PM to the GM. Items carry over from one game, to the next.
    One more thing to think about is team ???. Members of team ??? can be good or evil, but no one knows which. They win If they can survive to the final 2.

1. How many of each team are there?
    A: if there are 4 people, there will be 1 evil team member, and 3 good team members.
    if there are 5 people, there will be 1 evil team member, 3 good team members, and 1 ??? team member.
    if there are 6 people, there will be 1 evil team member, 4 good team members, and 1 ??? team member.
    if there are 7 people, there will be 2 evil team member, 4 good team members, and 1 ??? team member.
    if there are 8 people, there will be 2 evil team member, 5 good team members, and 1 ??? team member.
    if there are 9 people, there will be 2 evil team member, 5 good team members, and 2 ??? team member.
    if there are 10+ people, there will be 3 evil team member, 5+ good team members, and 2 ??? team member.

2. How are roles chosen?
    A: They are randomly selected by the GM.

3. What happens when somebody becomes inactive?
    A: You will be counted as inactive if you are quiet or neglect your role for one full day-night cycle. Inactive players will be counted disconnected and cannot return until next round. If there are no more active evil team members, then a random ??? team member is taken to replace him. If there are no more ??? team members to replace him, then the round is over, and no team wins.

4. How long are the day and night phases?
    A: Phases change every 24 hours, at 18:10 chat room time.

5. What happens when a <insert role here> is disconnected?
    A: When a person is disconnected, you know his identity. Disconnected players are asked to remain mostly outside the main game discussion, this includes PM\\'s and talking about the game in the chat room.

6: What will happen when you vote on someone of who you think is evil?
    A: The person with the most votes will get forcefully disconnected by the villagers. All players can vote if they wish to.

7: Will the GM participate in this game too?
    A: No, the GM\\'s role is the maintain the game, and knows every role of the players.

8: After the game started, can you then please add a list of the participants in the first post together with their class(if that\'s known) and if the person\'s still alive?
    A: Yes. I\'ll do my best to prepare a full, updated chart at every end of Day Phases with all known identities, and a complete identity list at the End of the game.

Note: However tempting, DO NOT proving your identity with screenshots. If you do, then you will be banned for 2 rounds.

Mr. Empty-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013

uhm... I'm too busy/lazy to read, but I'll play if people play.
    /me hears that a good game is out and joins.-----------------
    She looked like she had never seen anything
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013

I check in.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

I join too.

Players:
    1. Bio
    2. Evil
    3. Uni
    4. Vander

We already almost have enough people.
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)

I'll join because eh.

:P-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)

I join, too.-----------------
    LD35!
    Looks like there are 6 already, time to start the game!-----------------
    quite so horrible
    in all her life

Well, seeing as how we have 6 people already, we shall start a few hours early.

You wake up, the day after another one of your friends has been disconnected. R.I.P. Bobby and Jane.
    Angry, you decide to vote on who is doing this grievous deed.

Below I have whispered your role.-----------------
    puzzled
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013 edited

[GM>> BIO]
    Your team: ???
    I don't know what team you're on, and neither do you. To win, you must survive to the final 2. If spied upon, you will be shown as on the team opposite to the one who spied on you. If you wish, you may recommend someone to kill at night by sending me, the GM, a PM with your recommendation.

Your active ability: Farmer
    You own a farm which grows food. every night, you gain +1 food.

Your passive ability: Firewall
    Your active ability will not be revealed if you are spied upon.

Your items: Nothing yet-----------------
    puzzled

[GM>>DAILY]
    Your team: Good
    You are on the good team, trying to disconnect all the evil team members by voting during the day. You do not know who else is on your team.

Your active ability: Predictive
    Anytime, you may cast a vote in a PM to me, the GM. If you are disconnected, then your vote will be revealed and count on the next vote. You must cast your vote before you are disconnected.

Your passive ability: Intelligent
    You know the passive ability of everyone.

Passive abilities:
    BiomaniacR2: Firewall
    Unihedron: Political
    Vanderwaal: Protect
    Xyuzhg: Firewall
    Madball: Alert-----------------
    puzzled

[GM>>UNI]
    Your team: Evil
    You are on team evil, the group that is disconnecting one person each night. To do this, PM me, the GM, with your choice of whom to disconnect. You know the identity of other team evil members.

Team Evil:
    Unihedron

Your active ability: Poison
    You may poison one person, causing them to be disconnected in 2 cycles. You may only do this only once.

Your passive ability: Political
    Each one of your votes counts as 1.5. This will break ties, and count as 3 votes if someone else voting for the same person has Political.

puzzled

[GM>>VANDER]
    Your team: Good
    You are on the good team, trying to disconnect all the evil team members by voting during the day. You do not know who else is on your team

Your active ability: Spy
    You may spy on one person each night, revealing their team, and active ability.

Your passive ability: Protect
    You will protected from one random ailment, and theft. You are protected from:
    Poison

puzzled

Players:
    BiomaniacR2
    DailyEvilKiller
    Unihedron
    Vanderwaal
    Xyuzhg
    Madball

Day 1
    The sun is shinning. The clouds are moving, and you are voting, for who you think is a member of team evil!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

well my abilities provide no information useful to determining the hacker.... sorry for being useless... someone share some intel and I'll vote with you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

I think Xyuzhg is going to vote for me. But I want to be fair about who I vote, so I will vote whoever I suppose should be voted off. Anyone want to try tie the votes so no one is killed off?-----------------
    •  

why will Xyuzhg vote for you? what do you know? what does he know? I know nothing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013

How long do day/night phases long?-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

"FAQ":
    How long are the day and night phases?
    A: Phases change every 24 hours, at 18:10 chat room time.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

I'm not voting, but if anybody votes for me, I automatically place my vote on DailyEvilKiller (Just because.)-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

I finally have the time to get online. I though the game would start during the night, but apparently it starts during the day.
    Anyway, I have (obviously) no idea who could possibly be evil and who couldn't.
    For now I'll put my vote temporary on DailyEvilKiller until I get some more information.
    Anyone else gonna say why they arent the hacker?-----------------
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

After a chat with DailyEvil I decided I could trust him enough to change my vote.
    So now I vote kind of randomly on another person. Madball.
    •  

Xyuzhg hasn't said anything, I'm quite surprised by that... he usually has this all figured out... I vote for him.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013 edited

actually, I'll vote for Madball too. Instead of Xyuzhg. So he has 2 votes against him now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

I vote BioManiac R2 for elimination.-----------------

I vote for Unihedron.

1-1-1-1 vote, go!-----------------

Day 1 end.

After voting for the hackers, it has been decided that Madball is one! So you all forcefully disconnect him.

Votes:
    Madball (2): Vanderwaal, BiomaniacR2
    Unihedron (1): Xyuzhg
    BiomaniacR2 (1): Unihedron

You disconnect Madball only to discover afterwards that he was on the good team! His abilities will be revealed at the end of the game.

Night 1 start!

This is your time to explore. You may pick a direction (N,S,E,W) to go there. Maybe you'll find something there?-----------------
    puzzled

It looks like Bio changed his vote via PM.

I thought the original rules had "votes must be public" written somewhere, but this still doesn't change my plan.
    Sort of confirms who Bio is.-----------------
    •  

sorry guys. but Xyuzhg has a plan to win this game fast, and the "???" team only wins if they get to be one of the last 2.
    That said, hacker shouldn't disconnect me.
    •  

[Whisper BioManiac -> GM]

[BioManiac goes south into the forest
    he discovers a hidden temple!
    He finds some nice items there ;) ]

He also harvests his crops :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013 edited

[Vanderwaal >> Xyuzhg]

Sorry, I was sleeping.
    Now I look at it, it does seem like Uni is the most likely to be the evil person.
    Even though he's political he still wants to tie the votes so he, with his political power, is able to win the voting.

By the way, I trust Daily is really intelligent, because he knew my passive ability. By the way, somebody in this game has the active ability of poison.

As a last note, why didn't you send your info to Bio? He also wins when the evil team gets completely disconnected, so he could get trusted.
    Does NE, SE, SW and NW count?
    If so, I will go NW
    If not, I will go north.-----------------
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

[Vanderwaal >> GM]

I'd like to spy on Uni.

I'd also like to visit the forest in the south.

[Whisper GM -> BioManiac R2 ]

You decide to venture south. You go a little bit into it when you find a piece of wood lying on the ground.
    You got (1) wood! you can use this wood to make a fence to protect your crops from wild animals if you're a farmer.
    You try to harvest your crops only to discover that wild animals have eaten them! You can try again on night 2.

Items:
    Wood: 1-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013

I also just realized there is no divination in this game.-----------------

Night 1 end
    The night ends as you all wake up to discover that vanderwaal is missing! The hackers must have disconnected him!
    Further examination reveals that he was on the good team! his abilities will be revealed at the end of the game.

Day 2 start

What's this??? GASP! Unihedron has been muted! He cannot vote today!
    WHAT???? Xyuzhg has been poisoned! He will die at the end of night 3 unless he can find an antidote!

Players:
    BiomaniacR2
    DailyEvilKiller
    Unihedron - Muted (can't vote today)
    Xyuzhg - Poisoned (dies at the end of night 3)

May the voting begin!-----------------
    puzzled

OK, so at this point, first strike wins!

DailyEvilKiller, I'd like for you to follow through with the plan and vote for Unihedron.
    I've muted Unihedron as promised.

I vote for Unihedron.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

Hello. In the name of Christmas, I will give you a code, which contains the clue as to who you should vote to eliminate.

Hint: Michael Jackson's birthday

IBIRSS YWWBXW UTFQFL FQIDWM DBJRXW UBDDYQ FGQDNI VMPXYW HEGUQX
    TPGBJK RMVRXB HIVRFU TPGQFK KMTXXX
    OPCWIK OTQANV FMECNW NQUJBM SWONXX-----------------
    •  

Woah... apparently a lot went down while i was studying and writing a test...

ok - so there's either a person or an item that makes people not vote...
    and an item/person that poisons people... even thought they wont die until the game is long over anyway...?
    I think Poison should only need 1 cycle to kill... maybe two... if you think about it, end of day 3? but the game goes day1/night1/day2/night2/day3/night3 - and if you count that with one kill per cycle is 5 deaths. and there's only 6 of us, so that's enough for there to be only one man standing, which isn't even very likely... so poison for that amount of time is useless unless we get more people <- realization that useless and unless look very similar when side by side O_o

did anyone get anything good from exploring..? I think puzzle is just torturing me and giving me junk. honestly puzzle I want like a time warp or something next game.

in other news... the game turns out to be Xyuzhg vs Unihedron -> who will win? which side is good? stay tuned people cuz it's about to get interesting...
    I vote for Unihedron.
    ------------------
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013

Day 1 end.

After voting for the hackers, it has been decided that Unihedron is one! So you all forcefully disconnect him.

Votes:
    Unihedron (2): Xyuzhg, DailyEvilKiller

You disconnect Unihedron revealing that, he is indeed the hacker! Congratulations good team!

Team Evil
    Unihedron - poison, political

Team ???
    BiomaniacR2 - farmer, firewall

Team Good
    DailyEvilKiller - predictive, intelligent
    Vanderwaal - spy, protect
    Xyuzhg - mute, firewall
    Madball - block, alert

Team Good wins!

From what I can tell, on day one, unihedron followed a strategy of telling people that he was the hacker. Xyuzhg figured that he actually was because no other player would say he is if he wasn\'t. Lack of communication gave unihedron the opportunity to confuse the other players causing bio to put the nail in madballs coffin. After killing vanderwaal at night, unihedron was ultimately taken down my xyuzhgs plan which he had whispered to daily.
    -----------------
    puzzled
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013 edited

Game 2 start!
    Day 1 start!
    Previously: Unihedron was the hacker, and was disconnected on day 2, but with his last breath, he hacked the hologram and rewound time! But now, the roles are different!
    Below are the following rule patches.

1) Poison kills in 1 cycle.
    2) Team ??? doesn't lose if team good or evil dies. the final 2 teams battle it out at the end.
    3) Team Evil no longer knows who else is a member of team evil.
    4) Rebound and reveal now only reveal the active ability, not the team your on. Rebound no longer reverses either.
    More rule patches may be added next game.
    You can still join if you haven't and want to.
    Below I have whispered your role.

Players:
    BioManiacR2
    Unihedron
    DailyEvilKiller
    Vanderwaal
    Xyuzhg
    Madball-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2013

Is this the phase when we vote to eliminate a person?-----------------
    I suppose so.-----------------
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013

I revealed my whispers from the previous game for the people who want to read them.

Now let's look at this game. I've already talked to Uni and I believe he's good. So far I know nothing about the other people. In the previous game Madball was the first one to die, so I'm not gonna vote for him unless he starts getting suspicious. Then only Bio, Daily and Xyu remain. For now I'm gonna randomly vote on Xyuzhg till I get some more information.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUnihedron

Note to the GM, you might want to unwhisper all the things.-----------------
    •  

I have - again - no powers that tell me who people are -__- ....

I'll agree with Vanderwaal that Uni is good, or at least not evil, seeing as it isn't likely to be evil twice in a row.
    I'm going to not vote until I see a little more of what's going on...

Unfortunately it seems as though Vanderwaal is going to stick to his 'random' vote.

To prevent myself from being killed, I'll vote for Vanderwaal.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013 edited

i"ll also vote vanderwaal