Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014 edited

Since we haven't been seeing many designs lately, I decided to just make a quick puzzle.
    Please note that this is somewhat difficult, but should be possible without hints/cheats.

If need be, I'll drop a hint or two later on. :P
    Good luck!

---
    In theory, you could 'solve' the puzzle by brute forcing the solution.
    But that's not fun at all, and you probably won't get the point of the puzzle. :P-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

It seems to solve surprisingly easy. I was just clicking it randomly and did it on 3rd try.
    I didn't even understand what do I need to do. Complete the pattern? What do you mean? I solve this part every time just by clicking squares randomly. And the first part by clicking them in an easy-to-come-up-with order.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

same here... I beat it with no idea what I was supposed to do...
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

uhh, yeah, all you need to do is stack the blocks. i dont get it.-----------------
    puzzled
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)

I did say you could technically brute force the solution, but not understand it at all. :P
    Additionally, you must be rather lucky for the second part then, as only one combination solves.
    ---

Have you guys ever tried those mechanical puzzles where you have to take apart two metal pieces interlocked with each other?
    Sure, you could do it randomly, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the puzzle.

---
    EDIT: Modified the second part to ensure that you have to understand the point of the puzzle.
    Too bad it makes it far less neat...-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

xyuzhg, yes, and it's impossible to brute force you way to win.
    ugh, i kinda figured there was a pattern, but i can't seemt o figure it out yet.

is it superman? the number 8? a railroad? ci in its finest? oneword? i dont know!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014

agreed. I actually have no idea... there's a figure 8? and then 3 green in the top right? what does that mean?