Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014 edited

Here's my try for RPS. There are bugs, so please load it into the editor. I'm new to multiplayer stuff, but here it is. I sure hope the source is enabled...

I wanted to add a chat feature, so you can talk to your opponent, but that's like putting the roof on a house before the walls are built.

I used Tapir's tic-tac-toe code and modified it, because I needed a base code to work with.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014

good try!

I modified it a bit"
    1. in the OnChannelMessage event handler, check if the sender seat index is opponent, if false, that means the sender is yourself.
    (a message will be sent to every seat, including you).
    2. change the channel mode from chess to wego. wego is more suitable for this game type.
    3. reset text in Restart function.

-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  

Ok, here's my updates. For some reason, when I play in the editor, it says "Opponent chose Paper" on both sides!

-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  

I tried to improve it further, but ran into serious problems. I tried to fix the "You chose Paper. Opponent chose Paper. You lost! :(" problem and got about ten more!

-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014

in your design just following my last comment, you should put
    global["OpponentPick"] = ReadUTFString
    in the else block.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014

I now want it to say "Please hurry! Your opponent is waiting!" if your opponent has picked and you have not.
    -----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014 edited

The channel mode is wego, which means the messages are hold until all players have sent messages.
    You can add a second channel, which is free mode, when a player sends messages in the first channel, make the player sent also a message, to say 'I have made an action in the first channel", in the second channel.

btw, currently, all channel messages can only be sent when the instance in Playing mode. So the chat doesn't work when the instance in the waiting mode.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014

Why can't I make it free mode?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

you can, but to avoid cheating, it is best to set it wechat mode.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

Avoid cheating? What do you mean?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014

sorry, a typo, I mean wego mode in my last comment.

If you don't use the wego mode, it is easy to know what action the opponent has made by using a network sniffer tool.-----------------