Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014 edited

As my other thread didn't work so well and this forum is near-dead, I decided on bringing back the Robot Battles!
    With a new arena:

In addition to safety blocks to stop you from falling, there is an inclined plane, so disabled bots can use it to gain speed. Win by pushing opponent off.

There are really no rules, except max robot height is 240px, and it should not alter the arena in any unintended way. So, knocking off the safety blocks is allowed, but not destroying the platforms (unless that is part of the arena).
    Please make your robot more on a "theme" than the power. So for example, a shooter that has 3 streams should be 1/3 as strong as one with only 1 stream.

Note: You should use these functions as randomness is NOT accepted in robot battles:

Here's defense and power tests:

1. Power test

You can't let the block hit the wall. Otherwise you are disqualified. Also, if the block is not on the screen (or in the red box), you fail epically. The robot given is overpowered. If your robot does not fire for 8 seconds, please move it into a firing position.

2. Defense test

Modified version for small robots that miss the shots:

If you survive, it's disqualified. If the tank is destroyed then you fail epically.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  

My Robots
    Pack 1:
    The 4 wheel car, SpinBot, Grayscale Bot, and two Pole Vaulters:

Pack 2:
    This one contains some bots I'm not even going to bother to name:
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014

Pack 3
    This is the best so far.
    -----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014

Pack 4
    I think the swinger robot is a bit over powered, but...
    -----------------
    •  

Ok, my last pack for now! Pack 5!

-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2014

In case you're wondering, this is a thing where ANYONE can enter bots.

NEW ARENA!

This massive arena contains a smaller, floating one. When the first bot falls off, usually the second one can fight on the main one:
    -----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

I've learned (from previous websites, such as Fantastic Contraption, Incredibots2, etc) that unless you are battling live, or with very strict rules, it is very easy to create a bot to defeat another bot that you were provided...

This does give me an idea though.....

We should all whisper bots to be entered into a tournament - simple rules, simple win/lose fall off (or something).

Simple limitations (max weight, max size, max force, etc)

then bat them up against eachother (bots must be flip-able to face left or right)

^ this idea I could get behind and make a both for.
    •  

My limits are a maximum height, 240px, and the power and defense tests.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2014

Does THIS count?
    -----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014

^ this is a prime example as to why I think the older view bar should be used (with speed and zoom changes available)
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Ermmm... the new method also has those options if they are enabled. The only real difference I see is that changing the speed and zooming are turned off by default.
    •  

also - the power and defense tests, do not (in my opinion) provide a very accurate answer of "acceptable" for weight, which, is probably one of the most important factors.

also, I should mention that when I say "max force" I do not only refer to the fighting force, but also the torque that is applied to the wheels, and the resulting momentum, as well as top their top speed.

^ the reason I say these should count is because in many of your bot examples I see some bots that are easily overpowered (such as the joint breaking bot, and the rocket bot, as well as that little bot that takes on the 2nd rocket bot) :/
    •  

Yeah, the joint-breaking one doesn't have to count, I posted it anyway though.
    I thought I scaled-down the rocket one...
    The purple bot that releases the orange one should count though.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorlambfbbd
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2016

So! I have fixed this once