Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014

Vanderwaal! Don't leave the forum! the reason im writting this is because of something you wrote in the empty chat about wanting to leave the forum.

Please don't go, we'll all miss you very much! I mean, think about the history you've had with us! You're one of the few remaining longstanding members! Think about our history, you, me, and builder (now jodi). Think about the history you had with bio, and xyuzhg. Think about other new members, like daily, and math! You mean so much to the forum! You cant just leave! You've given so much, and to just leave it behind?

Vanderwaal, think about the amazing designs you've made! Acheivment unlocked! The amazing rube goldberg of you and builder! You have designs in the hot designs tab, something even I havn't acomplished! Vanderwaal, you've done great things for the forum, don't just leave us. Don't just leave you. This is you, your interestings and hobby for several years! You can't just leave it! It means so much!

Vanderwaal, you're an amazing CI creater, constructor, visionary, and solver. You've contributed so much to the forum. You're an amazing inteligent person, a witty and funny guy, and even a teacher (I'm learning to type you're instead of your XD)! Most importantly, you're our friend. You're my friend too. You're one the longest friendships i've ever had. You're one of only 3 close friends of mine.

Vanderwaa;, I can understand, life can be difficult, we get busy, but please, never forsake the forum. I did that once, and look where i am now. Back to the forum that i know and love. Vanderwaal, please consider these words, and please, do not leave the forum, my friend.

Everyone: Shout words of non-leaving-forumness!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014

I'm just gunna say that if I have to go on, doing so without Vanderwaal would be much harder !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2014 edited

VANDERWAAL DO NOT LEAVE
    (+4)
    (you have a typo: Vanderwaa;,)
    VANDERWAAL DO NOT LEAVE
    [+4]
    (Maybe he's just "leaving" to get all this attention, but I doubt it.)
    VANDERWAAL DO NOT LEAVE
    {+4}-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2014

@puzzle: "I haven't gotten to hot designs"
    Try finishing your notyetsuper couldbeepic adventure game of potentially epic exploration! ("I am trying!" Then good.) And back up your source code every so often (especially after big changes) so if your internet crashes again it doesn't lose ALL your work. I was listening last time! ("That's what I am doing!" Then good.)
    It's just that my flash player isn't working, so designs aren't either for me. I should get it fixed soon. Then I can see if you are making progress.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014

@Vanderwaal,
    what does the "leave" mean? not for ever, right?

@Vanderwaal and everyone,
    It is not bad come by here when you have enough time, just for a glimpse. :)
    I'm really glad you like CIE and make designs with it.
    But I really don't want you lose many others for putting too many time on it.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014

The reason my count to 30 game was Xyuzhg is that it was either him or Vanderwaal, but since Vanderwaal is inactive I chose Xyuzhg.-----------------
    •  

as a lack of where to post this i'll put it here...

I read an email just two days ago from Golden Actor which contained the initial email Unihedron sent to GA from Unihedron.

[it was sent back when Unihedron was banned, but I had email trouble and only recently got back on to read it]

and it said Unihedron, Xyuzhg, and Vanderwaal were working on a game together outside of CIF...

This made me confused and wonder ... where is Xyuzhg? he's been silent for quite some time... do you think he's upset about Uni being banned..?

.... is there some truth to what Uni said about dividing the forum? Xyuzhg, Vanderwaal, I don't want to loose you two too because of Unihedron :(...
    •  

Xyuzhg said he refused to post in the count game.-----------------
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014

NO! We are NOT losing two valuable members! come on guys! Vanderwaal, Xyuzhg! We love you guys! You two have so much on the forum, how could you leavfe it behind? Also, uni, We're giving you a second chance! Use your OX account and get back on the forum! We appreciate ALL 3 of you! even you, Uni. Please, let's not forsake the forum we all know and love.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014

i have the feeling this starts to cruble down :(((((((-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    • CommentAuthorNordehinu
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2014 edited

> "Also, uni, We're giving you a second chance! Use your OX account and get back on the forum!"

You know what? Xyu made me log in. Reading this thread made me quietly giggle, and my parrot (Still named Parrot: http://chat.stackoverflow.com/transc... ) just screeched as I did that. I wanted to type up a post or something, but I suddenly realized that I've left for such a long time that:

- I forgot the link to here. Since I talked with Xyu and Vand and decided to walk away, I salvaged the cookies I could find of our previous conversations (And oh boy is it oh so very long!), I quietly gazed. I've spent more time here than I've expected. It's only the third forum I've joined, and I've held a glad sight of seeing the forum go so far - from the perspective of the 23rd registered member, one of the first dozens of users who joined.
    - I googled "Color Infection Forum". I could be dead sure that in the past, if I were to do that, the forum would show up on the top option. Google Searches are user-optimized based on previous search history, and evidently I've used other sites for so much that CIF is on the 8th item. Of course, I could switch to http://duckduckgo.com/ and search again just for curiousity, but I suddenly realized that I don't care anymore. Who am I going to share this information with? You?
    - I forgot the password, and realized that when I registered with this new account, I never bothered remembering it. Of course, it follows the XKCD Password Rule.
    - I decided to write a post. Suddenly I am no longer familiar with this user interface. My userscript keeps trying to fill the "Whisper your comments to (optional)" box with the items "undefined is not a function", and I come to surprise realizing that I don't remember how to create an inline link. Then I suddenly gasped to know that the formatting does not take MarkDown, but instead BBCode. I realized it's been so long I've used a PHP-based forum! Stack Exchange uses Markdown, our site uses Markdown, reddit uses Markdown...

(url)

| Edit: This post can potentially become very long. Here have some music: http://music.emilevankrieken.com/alb... |

> as a lack of where to post this i'll put it here...

> I read an email just two days ago from Golden Actor which contained the initial email Unihedron sent to GA from Unihedron.

> [it was sent back when Unihedron was banned, but I had email trouble and only recently got back on to read it]

> and it said Unihedron, Xyuzhg, and Vanderwaal were working on a game together outside of CIF...

> This made me confused and wonder ... where is Xyuzhg? he's been silent for quite some time... do you think he's upset about Uni being banned..?

> .... is there some truth to what Uni said about dividing the forum? Xyuzhg, Vanderwaal, I don't want to loose you two too because of Unihedron :(...

What do I have to do with all this? Won't you reflect on the origin or something? xD If my acts were enough to divide the forum, it's probably not my fault then to begin with! Firstly, the fact that I was never (the treatment which shall not be named which starts with hell and ends with banned) means at any point in time can I post the thread "Giys I mde mai own network join it also CIF sukz", and if it actually attracted people, that's not my problem - Color Infection Forum members are losing loyalty, that's the problem. There are no aspects on Color Infection Forum seen as worth devoting their time to being loyal on here, that's the cause of the problem. Nothing happens on here, that\'s the root of the problem. I have no intention to divide this community, less to fluctuating it. Yes, we're working on a game. The project was put on hold because it was a bad timing, but that's about the most I'd like to disclose about it here. Maybe when it's done I'll pay another visit and leave more information.

> i have the feeling this starts to cruble down :(((((((

So you post, spam with your sorrow and sadness, and expect to change something? :)<br>
    To build a community, one does not simply visit it every day. One improves it, frequently contributes to it, and makes it sustainable by attracting users and activity to it. I don't see any member who cultivates this land anymore, and after gathering a few friends of mine onto the place, they expressed boredom and gave up. If only I grew up eating paint cans would I continue to do that.

> NO! We are NOT losing two valuable members! come on guys! Vanderwaal, Xyuzhg! We love you guys!

[citation needed]

> Think about the history you had with bio, and xyuzhg.

Done. Now what?

> Think about other new members, like daily, and math!

Yes, and I wish to find out where they live and hire someone to deliver them a cookie. I'm so kind. Now what?

> You mean so much to the forum!

Yeah, so?

> You cant just leave!

Sure we do. There are no rules that you have to be on the Internet every single day. If anyone told you of such, and you actually believed it, you're drunk.

> You've given so much, and to just leave it behind?

Why not? I contribute to a lot of open-sourced projects, and I never did it in hopes of getting something back. I never got anything out of Color Infection, or Color Infection Forum, or Phyard, but I don't regret my time spending on here. I love my time spent on here while it was still a golden age, and was glad to be here back then, but now I look back at my old days, silently smile, and go back to coding. And if you think contributing always gets you something in return, you would be too overly optimistic, because life is tough, and you just gotta move on.

> Xyuzhg said he refused to post in the count game.

Because that's obviously news. By the time you posted that, you should had realized as well, that this very minor detail happening on the place became important because there's nothing else to care for. The activity is already dreading to the point where you would post it, and expected a lot of the users to care, simply because there was nothing else important enough to care about.

And what is it, Everyday Life?

Also, the two replies down there are hardly constructive (and frankly stupid).

Umm... I don't really understand the above coomment much, like, at all.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

A lot of the post was about Vanderwaal not you-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)

Ok, cool. I read like, 1/4th, then gave up. Too many words.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  

... i read some of that... but i skipped half of Unihedron's replies to things that were not even directed at him...

what i got from it is

- Unihedron rambles for 3 paragraphs about how he doesn't care about the forum

- he then replies to messages not directed at him, with replies that don't matter for that very reason. -- kinda like if I asked puzzle if he wanted to play Minecraft with me and Unihedron said "no" - i don't care...
    •  

Puzzle hates Minecraft.-----------------
    •  

^ that is completely not important to my point xD and I'm not so sure about that....
    •  

No, Puzzle absolutely hates Minecraft for no particular reason.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2014 edited

to be honest. games like minecraft broke this forum if you look at it like that :P
    but cant hate too much as i play it myself
    but the game i play the most would be dota 2 :/-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014

Guys, you heard it hear first:
    Minecraft is actually my fav game ever, no joke. :P-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2014

O_O
    My whole life has been a lie...-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014

^ told you !!