Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2014 edited

Hi guys!

This is kind of in reply to a thread regarding a collaborative effort to make a CI multiplayer game, which is marked as Advanced Members Only for some reason. :P

Back in April I actually tried out the multiplayer features of the CIE and made a multiplayer CI version of 2048. It ended up being critically bugged somewhere I never did figure out, and I dropped the project, but if you just want to play around with it or look at how I did the multiplayer, here you go:

If you're alone, you can test this out by just opening two separate windows of the same game.
    ---
    A quick check showed that I originally had made it for this: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014 edited

welcome back, Xyuzhg, and Madball (I forget in which thread I saw him)

The design is incredible well designed!
    Decent graphics, great game play, and correct multiplayer implementation.
    I know the multiplayer document is still not very completed, but it seems you have understand the multiplayer mechanics well.

I plan to republish some of my failed games, I think the main reason for they failed is the graphics.
    Your design give me good inspiration on how to improve them.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Right now you can find images on the internet. Module shape editing (assembled and sequenced) is hard since there's no "Clone" feature (cloning shapes IN the module, not cloning the entire module) and some angles seem to "snap" (try putting angle 30 and watch as it magically goes to 29.999999999994).
    So I recommend unless it's a 10-minute design (like the ones in my Random Designs thread), post it on phyard and you get at least 100 KB of file size space. (The longest post I've ever written on CIF was wroud 12,000 bytes.)-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014

Well, I can just point out that this particular design makes no use of modules.
    It doesn't necessarily take images to make nice graphics - it's just an issue of how willing you are to adjust colors, sizes, arrangements, etc.
    I find that making this kind of graphics from scratch could actually be easier and more flexible than with modules, even with the slight animation that I added.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014

Your taste of using colors is much better than me.

btw, sometimes, when there are only very few free cells remaining, the game logic seems becoming chaos.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard