Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbluefeonix
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

Hey guys, it's been a few years how's everyone? Sorry it's been so long, life went on a crazy roller coaster and now I'm in college for architecture. If there has been any really important events that has happened since ummm..well, I suppose around 2010 or 2011 let me know. I'm glad to see that this forums still exists and I any make some new stuff every now and then when I have the time. Cheers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)

Well, it looks like we have three new members: me, floppykiller, and Infinity2015. Probably more if it's since 2011...-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Welcome back!-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

hey blue pheonix! welcome back! it's been a long time haha!
    there aren't a whole lot of users on the forum anymore, and to be honest, we've all gotten pretty lazy and haven't made anything new in a while,
    but hopefully you're back and have some ideas of things you want to make right?

at what point did you last see the editor? because it's come a long way since 2010!! i don't remember when triggers were added, but tons of new controls were added too!
    the editor could be used to program basically anything you can imagine now!
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

wow! bluefeonix! i havn't seen you in ages!

The editor really has come a long way, and there have been some really great designs too!

also, what type of architecture? do you mean mechanical drafting arcetecture stuff, ormsomething else?-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

hi bluefeonix, glad to see you again!
    oh, the flying time.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  

@puzzle, architecture usually refers to either houses, buildings or bridges. Mechanical drafting is more often refereed to as mechanical engineering and/or design.
    Still a good question though, what will you design? New sky scrapers? A luxury resort? I am curious!
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015

Hey. It seems like you left around the time I joined. That was quite some time ago. I don't even remember if I ever really met you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015

Hey bro, welcome back. ^^ Good to see you.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbluefeonix
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2015

Oh wow, It's awesome to see some of you guys here after all this time, it brings a digital tear to my eyes! I'm going into architecture to design modern and artistic houses for people and it's my goal to design beautiful houses that are both fundamentally affordable as well as environmentally efficient.
    •  

that sounds aweasome! that's something I'd love to do but I have no sense of style in doing it haha. Remember that you prioritize the environmentally friendly and efficient above affordable! I'll totally buy an environmentally friendly and efficient house one day! Here's a thing that i've always hated - hot water - never there when you want it (has to come up through the pipes) then there when you dont (stays in the pipes when you're done with the water and it cools off...) This wastes both the water area of the pipes from the hot water to where you need it, AND the heat it takes to heat all of the water in that area. It literally drives me nuts when i just want to wash my hands quick or fill up a cup of hot water and i end up having to waste so much water just to get the right temperature!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbluefeonix

hmm, so you're thinking of localized water heating activated within the appliance itself instead of from the water boiler? hmm...That'll be a tad tough to do but I'll be thinking of that now for a good while
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2015 edited

And then things get technical...
    XD
    maybe make the pipes able to be solar heated?-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015

pipe heating is already a solution, but to me that still seems like it is a waste of energy, but idk, i haven't looked into it.

and no i wasn't suggesting how the solution was solved, i was only saying what the problem was, the solution is up in the air, as puzzle even suggested a solution.

heating the water at the appliance itself could work, although it would require an individual heater at each water spout in the house, BUT it would come with the advantage of only having to run ONE water pipe into each appliance, instead of hot and cold. Interesting idea, worth looking into! Could be more beneficial than my own idea, (if heating at each water spout is cheaper or overall more efficient than keeping a water heater)

The solution i had in mind was more along the lines of the hot water pipes remaining empty and the hot water remaining in the water heater until summoned by a tap. then the water would flow to the tap and out. when the tap was turned off the water would return to the water heater and the pipes would be empty again. Unfortunately this is more simple said than done as I have no idea how the water would know when to go back or forth, and it would require a completely different means of doing so. (As you know, the water is forced by the water pressure from the street into our houses, water heater, pipes, and eventually out the taps. This method would require some sort of device that creates pressure inside the water heater to move the water to the spout when summoned, as well as control when more water enters the heater.

Honestly for only small amounts of water usage (such as washing hands or filling a cup) the heater at the spout sounds like a good idea!
    But for larger amounts of water such as taking a shower, it would take tedious amounts of power to heat the water instantly at the source and a water heater is probably a good idea.

Maybe your ideal house could have both ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Bio, how can you put efficiency above affordable? Aren't those words pretty much synonyms?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbluefeonix

Well, I rather have efficiency over affordability because in the end the more efficient installation will save you the most money over time. It's like an investment. Also, localized heaters for water taps would be awesome for smart taps (Say they would have buttons showing hands making the tap run the hot water for 15 seconds.
    •  

Smart Taps. I love it! I talked to my mother about it and she says they already have something like them in Germany. Worth looking into!

why did you ask your mom? -_------------------
    puzzled
    •  

ask? I live with her and I thought what we are talking about is cool so I told her about it?
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015

mhm k.-----------------
    puzzled