Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Man it's been a while since I've been here. I've been thinking of hopping back on here and testing things out. I think the last time I was really active was back when Advanced Members rank was being added, and as for the editor, I believe the zoom out feature and camera was just added. Anyone remember how long ago that was? I'm not sure if any of you will remember me, but I was pretty okay friends with one or two of the mods, and I went by the name of I THINK inuboy666 or something along those lines. I can't remember, otherwise I'd be on that account, but I just wanted to say what's up and how everyone's doing.
    HA. Nevermind, I remembered my old account name. I went back through the pages and found my old name as well as some machines I made so yeah. How is everyone? Tapir still around? What about Colordude?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

Hey, welcome back. Lol, yeah, Tapir is still here. I don't think I was around when you were here, so nice to meet you. ^^
    Well, the editor has changed... a bit... since you were last here. Might want to check it out, some.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)

Welcome back!

Man, you've really been gone for a long time - most of us who are still at least occasionally checking the forum registered long after you left - and so much has changed since then.

The editor has gone a long way since v1.06 in 2010. Some rather important editor milestones we've passed include the implementation of a trigger system (coding, keyboard controls, etc.), gestures for mobile support, textures and sounds, scene elements for more complex gameplay, and more recently even multiplayer features. Of course, there is a plethora of other new features, so I'd be surprised if you can still use the editor as before.

The members of the CIF have also shifted significantly. The 'older generation' (think griz, MCC, Spooned, Monotof, etc.) have pretty much completely vanished as you have, while some of the 'babies' of 2010 (BioManiac R2, Vanderwaal, puzzle geek, me) still stick around to keep the forum slightly alive. We've had quite a few new members now and then, some quality and some not, but the present active membership sums up the condition of the forum quite well.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015 edited

I joined in like 2014, and I made this design in the latest editor. Go to this link:
    http://www.colorinfection.com/htmls/...

I've enabled source code copying. I am not sure if that was around back then, but you right-click and select "Copy Source Code". Paste it into the editor. Then load.
    Game: Use the arrow keys to control, get to the flag. :)

EDIT: I think TheDude is going to remember this kind of thing. :)-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

hey Varlen Ventru ! Nice to Meet you! I joined a little after you left the forum, but welcome back!

The editor has come a long way since then and also has many programming aspects to it, so if you know anything about that you can probably make some awesome designs!

If you want to know more about it feel free to ask anyone here and we'd be glad to help you out :)
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

oh wow, i actually dont know you!
    welcome back!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

2010? Oh yeah, I was around then. I joined in mid 2009.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

hi Inuyasha666,
    welcome back.
    Aha, the age of 2009.
    I often ask myself, "is it a dream?" :)

The editor is open sourced, and the forum will live for ever.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

TheDudeFromCI likes Tapir\'s comment.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorbluefeonix
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2015

hmm, I'm surprise I don't remember you since I believe I was around at that time, though it could have been alittle after you left for all I know ahah