Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015

Here's a simple rube goldberg design I've been working on for the past two days. Hope you enjoy. ^^
    http://www.phyard.com/design/TheDude...-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  

Quick question though, why does it say published in 2012, when I just now published it? o_O
    It's not even showing up int he new designs tab.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Did you use a slot with a "removed" design in it? There is no way to fully remove a design on phyard as far as i know. You only can publish a different design in the same slot. But all old information, like date published. (And even views/favorites???) stay the same-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

where are the explosions? also, it looked short, and it really needs a speed up key.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)

Really cool but it lags after a while. You sure the explosions aren't deleted?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  

They are deleted. It looks lagged because throughout the entire design, the speed of the game is constantly changing to accommodate for how fast the events in it are taking place. I added a couple of clock things to attempt to show this, but the time was actually changing like once every few second. Many, many times. And I think there should be a confirm delete thing on the Phyard to turn a design back into an empty slot, and clear all information linked to it. I don't know, just my opinion.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

... This is where I feel sorry for Mathdude's goldberg that no one understood...

great idea Dude, really enjoyed watching this. watched it twice :P

also I think Tapir has stopped working on Phyard, there's tons of things I would change on it too but I don't think he's too concerned about it
    •  

Well, I wouldn't mind working on the Phyard in that case. I know a bit of Html, and Javascript.-----------------
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015

well, i dont really understand it. its just a ball rolling, emitting circles.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

Incidentally, I think mine is fixed. I added a camera at long last!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  

@Puzzle
    That's... that's literally the point.
    Did you watch the whole thing? It's basically like a regular rube goldberg, except with "explosion" effects.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015

I agree with Puzzle. When you say explosions, I visualize bombs exploding. Not shapes emitting other shapes.
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2015

Lol, to be honest, that's what I was originally going for. I just started with the explosion thing which was supposed to lead up to it, however it kinda went off track later on. :P But I already had set the name, and couldn't think of a new one.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015 edited

great and cool design! LOL, I played it several days and only viewed the very beginning part. I thought it is just that short.

haha, TheDude, you made ci design again. You java 3d game looks get a big progress.

About the Phyard functionalities, the slot concept may be removed later, but I can't confirm now.
    If it is removed, each design will be assigned a random id.
    I really have no enough time to develop Phyard.com, but I will add following features:
    1. score boards.
    2. facebook connect to enhance multiplayer experience.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

aha, I modified the published time in backend database manually.-----------------
    •  

Thanks Tapir! ^^
    Yeah, I plan on getting back into designing on color infection again. I've kinda started to miss the feel of it, you know? And think those options would work well on the Phyard. They would really get things to flow better in larger scale designs.

Also, if you need help designing the Phyard, I'd be happy to help. I don't have much to do anyway. :P
    It's up to you.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir

currently, active Phyard users are very few, so the server cost is low, so if a member request more slots, I will not refuse.
    if there are many active users, there will be no free slots.-----------------
    •  

I currently have 30 and used only 15 or something.-----------------

eh?
    so you can only post 30 designs at once without over-riding old designs?-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015 edited

Yes, until you request and get more. I won't request more until I use up my 25th slot.
    EDIT: You start with 10 slots. When I used my 8th, I had to request more. Now I have 30, and I used like 15.-----------------
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

well, thats why i use the forum :P-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

But on the forum yoou cant have sound, images, or anything useful.-----------------
    •  

Yes you can. You just can't "save." anything like you can on the Phyard. I mean, it is saved. I doesn't disappear or anything. It just loses interest after maybe 10-20 plays. While on Phyard, a design's play count will keep climbing for years after it has been published. That's why I prefer the Phyard.-----------------
    •  

The forum has a post limit around 20,000 chars-----------------

my designs are never that big-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2015

The post limit is about 100k or 50k, I forget.-----------------