Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2015 edited

Newest update March 11 2015. Central updates: reformatting, restructuring

Hey guys, I've taken the liberty of moving all of our challenges from the Ultimate Challenge Thread to here (and standardizing them), while changing the old one to a discussion thread.

Here's a link to the discussion thread: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...

From here on, if you wish to share a solution to a challenge, please do so in the original discussion thread.
    Additionally, if you wish to enter a new challenge, please do so in the discussion thread and I will shortly move it to this one.
    Example solutions given in each challenge are attributed to the challenge creator or otherwise by indication.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015 edited

Issues

- There appear to be issues in the forum itself that prevent the full challenge list to be displayed correctly. (March 11 - Resolved: Spoiler count limit. Split into separate posts.)-----------------

Challenges: Mathdude314

Rules
    Remember: You use the white pieces to build. Oh, and new rule: distance joints must be ZERO LENGTH, like a hinge but breakable.
    You also need to stop the green block from falling, so don\'t use all your connectors.

Rules
    Build a structure to defend against incoming bullets.
    You have $10000 to spend. Prices are in game.
    If your own blocks touch the target, you still fail. (I suggest not using up the entire platform...)
    The timer underneath the platform indicates the winning threshold.

You can only use the blocks provided and only in the red area. And CERTAINLY no triggers.
    (Also, no connecting joints to the background or to pre-made objects.)

15 Stone Alternate Triangles at $45 apiece = $675
    4 Stone 4x0.5 Blocks at $250 apiece = $1000
    3 Stone 2x2 Blocks at $525 apiece = $1575
    1 Wood 4x0.5 Block at $100
    1 Weld Joint = $75
    Total: $3425

This is a variant of challenge 7, the ball-sorting challenge, of the first thread.

Rules
    The colored balls are indistinguishable, but the black ones are related. A red ball produces a light, small black. A green ball produces a medium-sized, slightly heavy black one. A blue one produces a heavy, large black ball. The black ones cannot go in the bins.

This is a series of challenges.

Rules
    No triggers, browns, yellows, sensors, CC\'s, power sources, gravity, editing pre-made objects, attaching joints to pre-made objects ("oh! I\'ll attach dummy joins with \'collide connected\' false!"), gluing to pre-made objects, or setting the connection shapes from settings.

So easy, you should be as creative as possible.

Suppress your instinct to set the restitution of the ball.

This one\\'s really tricky.

Additional rules
    Time limit: 1.5 seconds! No motors.

Random number generators. There are 5 possible patterns. All are possible. Only one entry please!

This one is actually hard. I\\'m letting you set the world gravity, by vector (x, y) or by degrees (r, ø). You can set the properties of the action, but nothing else. And you can ONLY set gravity.

You may ONLY build in the PURPLE box. you may NOT build inside the OLIVE boxes. You must do the yellows IN ORDER.
    Once again, no browns, yellows, triggers, editing/moving pre-made objects (including the ball), attaching joints to PMOs (including the ball), or cheating.

M4a
    Negative friction, traps, and more. All in one. Solves permanently.

M4b
    Two shapes.

M4c
    Three shapes and three joints.

M4d
    Was a bit easier than I thought it would be. I knew speed was the essence, but...

M4e
    This one took a LOT of tweaking — I never mentioned... SEQUENCED MODULES!! Anyway, tried over 20 times in a row:

Rules
    These challenges force you to USE triggers! But there\'s a catch: you can\'t just do whatever you want!

Challenge 5c in the same spirit as one of the challenge 4 games: (warning: difficult!)

Another randomness challenge. This one is a bit more creative then the other two. It\\'s more random and still possible, and the format is different!

This one requires you think outside the box. But you have to decide WHICH box to think outside of. You can still only edit the action.

M5b
    A simple solution to the challenge.

M5d

-----------------
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

Challenges: Xyuzhg

This is a sorting challenge.
    You must sort generated boxes which are essentially identical except for their initial rotation, as indicated by a small indentation in one of the sides.
    Exactly six of each type is generated each time, but in a random order.
    The boxes are color coded for your convenience.

Rules
    - Build entirely inside the red polyline box.
    - Do not edit/connect via joints/glue to the world and premade objects except for the background.
    - No triggers
    - No pinks/bombs
    - Shape restitution and friction are limited to [0,1].

Get the acceleration-sensitive block to infect the sole yellow. I calculated the suspension spring constants such that the object resists up to 1.5g of acceleration (orthogonally).

Rules
    - Build anywhere inside the level except inside the infected box (for those looking for loopholes)
    - No browns/yellows
    - No controllables
    - Do not edit the world or any premade objects
    - No triggers
    - No gluing/joint connections to the infected box or anything inside it

-----------------

Challenges: Vanderwaal

Standard stuff. Infect all the yellows and don\'t infect the greens.

Rules
    - If the brown touches any shapes you made yourself, you lose. Good luck with that
    - Don\'t edit any premade objects, including the world
    - No browns
    - No controllable objects
    - No triggers
    - Don\'t attach anything to premade objects

-----------------

Challenges: puzzle geek

In my 1st challenge, I\'m giving you the solution!

Rules
    You must build a challenge that this entry solves. The challenge cannot rely on anything that is already built as this is the entry and not the challenge.

The challenge was to build something to take the brown ball from one side, around the greens, to infect the yellow bar on the other side.

-----------------

Challenges: erictom371

No rules, but...

Rules
    - Build only inside the green box
    - Modify NOTHING existing except the shop, using only clone/rotate/move
    - Have fun

-----------------