Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2015

One thing that I've had some trouble with in the past has been working with GUI's. The editor doesn't have anything specific for working with GUI's, so you normally have to hand build them yourself. This isn't that bad, normally, but it does take a while to load and hide them. And they also get in the way while trying to edit. Here's the start of an API project I'm currently working on. (And I hope the rest of the community will help pitch in. xD)

Basically. The idea is that you can create an entire GUI menu on a separate scene. Then load it and destroy it whenever at runtime. Later on I'll add better support for things such as centering the GUI on camera, and stuff like that. ^^ I hope you find this useful. Here's a clean import version.

-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)

Game "paused"? Seriously?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

Im afraid i dont understand.
    the balls were still moving, how were they paused?-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)

Ok, it's not an actual pause screen. The thing I was attempting to show was how objects, (In this case supposed to be a unfinished pause screen gui, but can actually be any menu.) can be loaded from another scene completely, and destroyed at any time. Forget the actual pause menu part. It's the concept of opening and closing a window at runtime, with little effort in the editor.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2015

Set the speed to 0.
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...