Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015 edited

ROLES:
    Prosicution: Mathdude
    Defense: Jodi
    Judge: Vanderwaal

Police Report (totally official :P)

Twas a dark morning in Owen MacWilliam's manor (Yes, its a manor, don't ask).
    The police were called at 6:04 AM in the MacWillaim's manor becuase of murder!
    Poor Owen MacWilliam was murdered at 6:01 AM by his butler, Mr. Donavon, from a kitchen knife from the manor's kitchen. No fingerprints were found on the knife, but the security footage of the bedroom shows Mr. Donavon entering the bedroom holding the knife at 6:00 AM. My Donavon was the only person in the house aside from the victim.

DETAILS:
    Time of death: 6:01 AM
    Time of phone call: 6:04 AM
    Cause of death: Stabbing in the abdoman area
    Suspect: Mr Donavon
    Motive: Unpaid Labor
    Victim: Owen MacWilliam
    First responder: Officer Muligan
    Investigator: Detective Phillip

Evidence
    Knife: it seems like this was used to kill Owen MacWilliam. There are no fingerprints on it. It\\'s not certain if this is the same knife as Mr Donovan carried when he entered the room.
    Map of the house: (yellow boxes are doorways, entrance to building is at bottom)

Security footage: in a security footage from 6:00 AM it\\'s possible to see Mr Donavon enter the bedroom. He carries a knife and doesn\\'t wear gloves.
    Autopsy report: Owen MacWilliam died around 6:01 AM because he got stabbed in the abdoman area.
    911 call: Mr Donovan called 911 around 6:04 AM and reported Owen MacWilliam was murdered.

Operator: Please state the nature of the emergency.
    Mr Donovan: *shaky*h-h-he-he\\'s d-d-d-dead...
    Operator: Who\\'s dead? What happened?
    Mr Donovan: *gasping*Owen. He\\'s dead...
    Operator: Owen who? How did he die?
    Mr Donovan: *sobbing* Owen MacWilliam, My boss! He was murdered! Stabbed! *intense sobbing*
    Operator: We\\'ll be right there. Your address please?
    Mr Donovan: 427 George Lane *more sobbing*

Rag: Mr Donovan had a rag in his pants. It could have been used to wipe the fingerprints off the knife.

People
    Vanderwaal, the judge. He doesn\\'t have a lot of experience yet, but he did already succeed in getting a good reputation as a judge.
    Surprise, the prosecution.
    Unihedron, Limit: the defence.
    Owen MacWilliam, the victim. After earning quite a bit of money he decided to buy a manor. However, lately he got into financial problems (I think).
    Mr Donavon, the defendant. He has been serving MacWilliam for a few years now (I think).
    Officer Muligan, the first responder. He got promoted to officer a few months ago. This is his first murder case (I think).
    Detective Phillip, the detective. With years of experience he managed to be able to determine whether someone was murdered of not just by looking at the corpse. The stab wounds do help though.

Court is now in Session!
    (I may have forgotten to list something, but don't worry.)-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

I said I was not participating if Puzzle Geek was the GM! Either take me off or make Vanderwaal the GM!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Vanderwaal slams with his gavel on the table.
    Attention everyone! The court case of Owen MacWilliam has now begun. You know, the case with the manor with only one floor, the XXL vault and the police report filled with spelling and grammar errors. Are the defence and the prosecution ready?
    •  

I am not playing.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!

oh, i should mention that the vault isn't really a vault more as just a giant room that houses all of Owen MacWilliams treasures. its just a normal room.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

If you're really a geek, why would you think a game can go on with 2 people?-----------------

becuase there are 3 people. You, mathdude, are obliged by court law to QUIT YOUR SILLYNESS!
    seriously mathdude, just becuase i run a game doesnt mean its bound for failure. This game is run case by case anyway. I litterally do NOTHING now aside from provide witness testamony. Vanderwaal will host case 2 and be the "GM" of it. Be open minded mathdude! you never know!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

/me resigns his job and goes into app development-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

•  
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015

I Dont Understand-----------------

i see what you did there bio :P

ANYWAY, what it means is taht the four lower rooms, which were to small to write in, are the bathroom, closet, bedroom, and security office in order from left to right.

Vanderwaal, talk to mathdude!-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Hello Mathdude!

There. Are you happy now, Puzzle?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Was there no reason for the victim to be suicidal? Maybe he killed himself and the butler found the knife.-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015 edited

"This was definently murder. The victim showed no signs of suicidal intent, and the manner of death can only be acieved through a murder." - Detective Phillip-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Maybe the detective would like it to be a murder?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Well, it appears like the defence is ready while the prosecution hasn't made it into the court just yet. Too bad. It seems like this is an open and shut case and I wanted it to be finished quickly. Anyway, we'll begin without him. Time is money!

Now, to get down to the case itself. It appears like the knife, the map of the house, the security footage and the autopsy report are all important pieces of evidence.

Evidence
    Knife: it appears like this was used to kill Owen MacWilliam. There are no fingerprints on it.
    Map of the house: see the spoiler in the first thread.
    Security footage: in a security footage from 6:00 AM it\'s possible to see Mr Donavon enter the bedroom. He carries a knife.
    Autopsy report: Owen MacWilliam died at 6:01 AM because he got stabbed in the abdoman area.
    People
    Vanderwaal, the judge. He doesn\'t have a lot of experience yet, but he did already succeed in getting a good reputation as a judge.
    Mathdude314, the prosecution. He has trouble appearing on time.
    Jody850, the defence. He tends to be pretty quiet.
    Owen MacWilliam, the victim. After earning quite a bit of money he decided to buy a manor. However, lately he got into financial problems (I think).
    Mr Donavon, the defendant. He has been serving MacWilliam for a few years now (I think).
    Officer Muligan, the first responder. He got promoted to officer a few months ago. This is his first murder case (I think).
    Detective Phillip, the detective. With years of experience he managed to be able to determine whether someone was murdered of not just by looking at the corpse. The stab wounds do help though.

I will be prosicution unless bio wants to becuase math doesn't want to and xyuzhg can't.

"Thats absurd! The detective has no motive for it wanting to be murder. and even if he did, what does that proove? Your honor, this is clearly and open and shut case, i see no need to prolong this. Who else could have done the murder? The construction worker? he wasn't in the house yet!" - Prosicution-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

the footage says nothing!, it could have been tampered with!-----------------

"We checked the security footage for signs of tamporing and there were none. Who wouldv'e done it anyway?" - Detective Phillip-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

Please stop with the spelling and grammar errors. A real court document would be in pristine condition.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

We actually also need a jury, and a guy with a typewriter.....-----------------
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

"OBJECTION! A court of law does not require a jury to be upheld! nor a reporter!" - Prosicution-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015

Well, detective, I'd like you to confirm a few things for me
    First of all, on the security footage you could see Mr Donovan holding a knife. Can you tell me if this is the same knife that was used to kill Owen MacWilliam.
    Second, did Mr Donovan wear gloves while he entered the bedroom?
    Third, are there any security footages of the bedroom?
    Fourth, who made the phone call at 6:04 AM?
    And fifth, were there any other people near the crime scene at 6:01 AM?
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015 edited

WITNESS TESTAMONY

The Scene of the Crime - Detective Phillip

"Yes, its true that Mr Donovan was holding a knife when he entered the room,
    but we actually don't know if it was the knife used to kill him...
    the knife Mr Donovan was holding and then knife that killed Owen Macwilliam are both standard kitchen knives from the manors kitchen,
    but all the manors kitchen knives look the same,
    so we cannot tell from the security footage if the knife is the same or not.
    When Mr Donovan entered the room, he was not wearing gloves of any kind.
    The security camera is angled at the door, so we can only see who enters and exits the hall door,
    it IS the only entrance to the room, aside from the vault room after all.
    The phone call was made by the defendant, Mr Donovan himself.
    As i mentioned before, no one was at or near the scene of the crime at 6:01"-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

The defendant is guilty. Next case!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

Mathdude, that's my job. If you want me to come to that verdict faster you need to proof without doubt Mr Donovan is guilty.

Now, to get back to the case itself, Philiph, I have three new questions for you.
    First of all, are there no windows in the bedroom?
    Second of all, how can you be so sure there was nobody at the crime scene at 6:01 AM?
    Third, what did Mr Donovan report when he called the police? Did he maybe confess killing Mr MacWilliam?
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015

WITNESS TESTAMONY

The Scene of the Crime cont. - Detective Phillip

"No, there are no windows in the bedroom, the only windows in the house are in the kitchen for ventilation.
    We are certain that no one was at the crime sene aside from the defendant becuase we thoughly searched the house. There would be no where for the culprit to hide without being found.
    Here is a recording of the 911 call."

Operator: Please state the nature of the emergency.
    Mr Donovan: *shaky*h-h-he-he\'s d-d-d-dead...
    Operator: Who\'s dead? What happened?
    Mr Donovan: *gasping*Owen. He\'s dead...
    Operator: Owen who? How did he die?
    Mr Donovan: *sobbing* Owen MacWilliam, My boss! He was murdered! Stabbed! *intense sobbing*
    Operator: We\'ll be right there. Your address please?
    Mr Donovan: 427 George Lane *more sobbing*

Prosicution
    "Request that the 911 call be added to the court record"-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

If there is no one to record it, why are you asking it?-----------------

eh? the judge can add it to the court record if he wishes.
    Now, i beleive its time for the cross-examination-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015 edited

I accept the 911 call as evidence.

Evidence
    Knife: it seems like this was used to kill Owen MacWilliam. There are no fingerprints on it. It\'s not certain if this is the same knife as Mr Donovan carried when he entered the room.
    Map of the house: see the spoiler in the first thread.
    Security footage: in a security footage from 6:00 AM it\'s possible to see Mr Donavon enter the bedroom. He carries a knife and doesn\'t wear gloves.
    Autopsy report: Owen MacWilliam died around 6:01 AM because he got stabbed in the abdoman area.
    911 call: Mr Donovan called 911 around 6:04 AM and reported Owen MacWilliam was murdered. For the entire dialog, see the spoiler.

People
    Vanderwaal, the judge. He doesn\'t have a lot of experience yet, but he did already succeed in getting a good reputation as a judge.
    Mathdude314, the prosecution. He has trouble appearing on time.
    Jody850, the defence. He tends to be pretty quiet.
    •  

Vanderwaal! Please give up on "Jody" and "[someone] his name".-----------------
    •  

The way I see it, who COULD have killed Owen? Only the defendant! Case closed! Guilty!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

whats this? why you want it closed so fast? maybe YOU killed him!-----------------

OBJECTION!
    Mathdude was not in any way affiliated with the crime.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal

The defence has a point. Maybe Mathdude committed the crime, framed Mr Donovan and became the prosecution to guarantee he would get convicted.

OBJECTION!
    You have no proof that mathdude commited the crime!
    it is an IMPOSSIBILITY that anyone other than Mr Donovan could have commited the crime.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

*whispers* one point to defence!-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

well there can still be someone else. i reopen the possibilty of him suiciding,

just do the math, he lives in a 1 floor mansion with only one window, how sad is that?-----------------

OBJECTION!
    The investigation has already ruled out the possibility of suicide.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

I'm sorry, I'm confused, Mathdude isn't playing but he still posts here... and it looks more to me as if the Judge is the GM since that's kinda how it works...

OBJECTION!
    im the one handing out the evedence :P
    and doing the testamony
    AND being the GM! although its not really a GM! game master doesn't really exist, get that already? -_------------------
    puzzled
    •  

OBJECTION!
    4 objections in a row?!? One more and the prosecution wins.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015 edited

I think I have a new theory. Owen Macwilliam was a vampire. This is backed up by the fact his house has only one window. He wants to keep the sunlight out.
    Since he's a vampire he probably knows some magic. He was probably trying to make knives float with his mind. However, he accidentally stabbed himself while practicing that magic. Therefore he died because of his own mistake.

Also, the police isn't allowed to make any objections. That's the job of the defence and prosecution. If you continue disrupting the court with your objections I'll be obligated to put you into contempt of court (= sent out of the court room for being disrespectful).
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

just imagne, the game master send out of the game he is running :P-----------------
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015

OBJECTION! i am the prosicution too!
    OBJECTION! be realistic! Vampires are not a thing!
    I suggest an early hearing as it is a very open and shut case, your honor.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

How many penalties on the defense?-----------------
    •  

Since Mr. Donovan was the only one in the manor at the time of the crime, and suicide is ruled out, the only possibility is that the defendant is guilty.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

But thats not fair at all, first you give me a case where i was bound to lose,
    And its now 2 vs 1!

Prosicution: Mathdude
    Defense: Jodi
    Judge: Vanderwaal

Source:first post

So wheres prosicution: puzzle geek?

But back to the game,

Is there a possibily of any hidden rooms that the killer might used to hide?-----------------

You are not "bound" to lose.
    And mathdude decided to not play which is why i am the prosicution. if mathdude wants to come back, i will stop being prosicution.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Mathdude314 (Advanced Member) 57 minutes ago
    Since Mr. Donovan was the only one in the manor at the time of the crime, and suicide is ruled out, the only possibility is that the defendant is guilty.

Suuuuuuure he is not playing....

And i am bound to lose, your the GM, each time i try to argue about something you bring up some "evidence" the police just gave-----------------