Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015 edited

This is right up your alley xyuzhg :P
    figure out what this means, there are six levels of encryption :)
    (the line breaks mean nothing btw, thats just the forum)

!.@%/#.@%/!.@%/^.%\!.@*^/).!$#/@.&!$/!/!.*%&/).&!$/#.&!$\!.@*^/).!$#/!.@*^/).$@(/!.*%&/).&!$/#.&!$\@.%/!.%/).^^&/#.!^&/).*##/$.###\!/).@/@.^/!/%.@\@.^@%/!.^@%/!.!@%/!.*&%/!.^@%/@.%/).^@%/#.@%\).&!$/#.!$#/@.!$#/@.@*^/@/).&!$/#.&!$

EDIT: Xyuzhg pointed out a mistake i made, i edited the string with the addition i missed in bold.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015 edited

I'm guessing the following:
    (1) the "/" character separates characters in the decipher message
    (2) Besides "/", the only characters are the shift+number keys, \, and a period. So, 12 symbols.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015

Puzzle, I think it says: peanuts.

As long as nobody else can prove it means something else I believe this will hold. :P
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)

Unexpectedly, this is proving to be somewhat interesting.
    I may have figured out how to remove the first 3 or 4 layers of encryption, but I'm checking with puzzle first if he made a mistake via whisper.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

this is the exact same kind of logic that I use to solve the first puzzles I made when I joined this forum (Extremely Complicated Puzzle and Extremely Impossible Puzzle)

plot twist: the code means nothing and is just puzzle's random button mashing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850

Plot plot twist, puzzle did mash random buttons, and turns out to be a code-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  

lol. anything can be a code if you want it to be.
    •  

since I don't know what fully consists of a level of "encryption" I don't know where to stop decoding, and therefore don't know if my random jumble of letters IS the message...

but I would like to ask if there is some sort of random jumble involved as one of the encryption methods, because I really suck at decoding random things...
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015 edited

oh, also, puzzle, you should probably make a comment and say "by the way guys, if you were working on this you should check the original thing for changes cuz i messed up :)"

EDIT: alternatively, you could just say you had another level of encryption and you never messed up. but you decided that would be too hard so you removed it for us.
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

Well, he indicated that I pointed out the mistake, which he edited to fix.
    It wasn't an error so large that I couldn't figure that there was an error, so even if it was intentional, that would really be a pointless coverup.

That said, I'm stuck at the level of encryption I got to earlier as it's a pretty short string.
    This makes it more or less impossible to get meaningful data from cryptanalysis techniques, especially due to the remaining double layer of encryption.-----------------
    •  

I'm assuming the encryption is a letter shuffle of some sort... or maybe a letter replacement by L+3? or something... idk...

I assume we have the same short string

with an extra E after the edit... not sure if all these E\'s at the end are redundant or not... I assume the Z is...
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited

We have the same string. At the very least, at this stage simple substitution is not at all likely. The only real possibility that should be considered is that it's a unique encryption scheme to this particular one, especially considering that the other levels up to it are all adaptations of the standard cipher types. It is entirely possible that spaces are not necessary after removing the redundant groups.

The Es appear to be redundant, as it occurs for all seven of them, and considering letter frequencies for example no individual letter is so commonly at the ends of words in a typical sentence.
    What\'s interesting is that the first letter is always a vowel and the last non-redundant character is always a consonant (M is also quite common).
    Also, there are equal numbers of consonants and vowels.
    -----------------
    •  

I guess let's see where you are so far. How many layers of encryption did you remove?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!

this is not random letters, this is an actual code. I had intended for you guys to work together, but keeping things to ones self is ok I guess.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

erm... i thought we were working together...? sorta

and puzzle, my question isn't if the code IS random, my question was if there was some sort of RANDOMIZING done as an encryption!
    •  

I interpret Bio's idea as this: Maybe, puzzle geek used a polyalphabetic or Vingere(?) cipher and randomized the shifts.-----------------
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

nothing was randomzied. everything was done in a uniform meothod-----------------
    puzzled