Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited

Original thread: http://forum.colorinfection.com/comm...

So I found this design by puzzle geek... noticed the code was REALLY sloppy... sorry geek...

Anyway, here's my major improvements. I consider this enough to warrant bumping a 2-year-old thread:
    • Better movement
    • Better powerup graphics (at least admit it's better than a square!)
    • Fixed the lasers
    • Added a tower to destroy (might need improvements)
    • Deleted the boss fight, sorry, but it was too inefficient anyway
    • Added jumping and the ability to increase jump power and speed
    • The sword is in your direction now!

Problem with the sword is, it doesn't seem to work. Look:

The sword finds itself WAY outside you... no idea how this happens. (Try attacking a wall.)-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

so i played around a little and found that, upon flipping the shape, the slider positioning is lost and reset to 0, so you are able to press X again... odd bug.

•  

yea, the problem is due to flipping the slider joint.

I was able to create an alternative by not flipping the joint, and instead flipping both the blue blob and sword separately.
    Unfortunatly this left the sword facing the wrong way on the right side of the block...
    So I had to flip the Joint Limits Every time you flip the shape.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

OBJECTION!
    CI Tower was my first experience in a 2d RPG game.
    I have been working on for over a year on a MUCH better game.
    This game is planned to have: many enemies, custom powerups, side quests, hp, many custom bosses, many secrets, and much more!
    it's been on hiatus for a while but it is still in production, don't worry.
    When I made CI Tower, I was so inexperience with the triggers that I only knew about say, 3? yeah, that's why the boss fight was so badly done mathdude.
    I guess you can reincarnate this, but don't worry, I have big plans for a huge (at least an hour of gameplay) game eventually.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

Ok fine, I'll make CI Tower...

Bio, weren't you working on CI Werewolves?

EDIT: Dude, you totally kinda destroyed my perfect jumping system... I mean, velocity of 40 is DOWNWARD, so the immense friction stops the player. I specifically had negative 8, so you can actually jump with no friction imbalance.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  

Ok, so I added a mini-boss. It has 5 health, and can only be attacked when it's enraged (red).

So I wanted it so that when the sword hits the boss, it turns yellow (ok) and s-l-o-w-l-y goes back to the start. But, it's not working! It seems to jolt back, and 1/3 of the time it STOPS in the middle, and shoots form THERE...

You can now die from touching the boss.

Fixed a few bugs-----------------
    •  

Mathdude - there was no jumping system... Go up to your own first post and try it - nothing. no jumping.

this one may not be perfect but i didn't really do much to it than what you already had...
    •  

can't touch me ;)

(url)
    •  

(1) Uhhh... you were supposed to UNLOCK jumping...
    (2) Ok, I'll make it So That, touching the boss kills you.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015 edited

Puzzle, you made better games? Like WW8? That one was truly WONDERFULLY executed!
    Also, I can't wait till you make those updates. Will it be just as long, complete and awesome as your Super Epic Adventure Game of Epic Exploration?
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

Ok, dude, look. Sarcasm on the internet is harder to know because there's no voice to hear. In person, you can have that "sarcasm effect": "pLeAsE do, it would work gREAT!"
    But on the internet, it's hard since it's just WORDS.

Someone like puzzle geek with autism might even think you were genuinely complimenting him.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorJodi850
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015

What you mean by myths?-----------------
    (insert good signature here)
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015

Math, it's harder, but still pretty well possible to be sarcastic on the internet. After all, I was sarcastic and even you noticed I was being sarcastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2015

Yeah! Not everybody who is autistic is terrible at spelling and grammar! Just look at Math!
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2015 edited

IKR? Mathematics is very easy to write. Things like |S|, {x ∈ A | f(x) ∈ C}, and stuff. I mean, who can misspell something that's done in 11 characters (not including spaces) and four of them are single letters?

EDIT: This is what I wrote:
    "Someone like puzzle geek with autism might even think you were genuinely complimenting him."
    I did not say:
    "Everyone with autism would think it was a genuine compliment."

Is this clearer?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2015

Puzzle, you're wrong. Math only claimed you have autism. He never made a claim about whether or not he has autism.
    •  

objection - if you guys want to have a discussion about autism make a thread about it. I may just delete the last 15 or so comments to let this go back to the discussion about MathDude's variant
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

good idea, ill delete mine comments now.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

6199 bytes:

The boss fight has been fixed. So after shooting a few poison balls, he rushes at you with no warning. You can attack him here. At each hit he shoots even faster.
    Also, there's a reward for finishing the boss off.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

how do I attack...