Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorYSNP
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2015

I recently joined this forum, and managed to build something with the C.I. Editor. The goal of this (fairly simple) challenge is to remove the pink circles so the brown and the yellow circle touch each other, but make sure that the brown circle does not touch the green circles!

Whoa! I love how much you can do with the editor with only simple shapes. It took a while to coordinate my clicks so the brown ball doesn't lean off onto walls. This is great! xD
    I just gave up trying recently, but I should try to make a proper game out of this.

Also:

(url)

NO YOU DON'T xD-----------------
    Please Understand
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

Simple puzzle, not bad for a first try :)
    The timing element wasn't hard, but still provided enjoyment.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)

My strategy is to push the yellow leftwards. This reminds me of a game I once made, although mine was random and used boxes instead of circles. Also there was no green.

(Are you interested in the spoiler feature? Here's how:
    [sp!oiler=TITLE GOES HERE!]Text goes here.
    You can go multiple lines too
    [!/spo!iler]

Remove the ! and get:
    Text goes here
    You can go multiple lines too
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

wow, really cool level! welcome to the forums! I finally got the brown under the blue to win after a couple tries :P
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

A great puzzle!
    It might look rather simple, but there's plenty of challenge in getting the brown to the right of the blue.
    Quite untraditionally for a CI puzzle, it also allows plenty of variation in strategy - a refreshing change to our typical puzzles.
    Perhaps a good way to compare solutions would be to score the player based on the total area of the remaining pinks.

(url)
    -----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)

That was interesting! It took me some tries to win, with only a few pink circles remaining, but after looking at Xyuzhg's solution, I came up with something like this:

(url)
    -----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015 edited

Very well. I accept this challenge of yours.

(url)

EDIT: I managed to do it one ball better.

(url)
    -----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)

I post an anti-challenge:

who can win with the least pinks? - although there is likely going to be a tie with no pinks, I want to see it ;)
    • CommentAuthorYSNP

@Bio

Vanderwaal mentioned yesterday in chat that he was able to do it when removing all pinks; he had a screenshot, but I don't have the link anymore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015 edited

It was still in my history.
    [img]http://i.gyazo.com/17710ff1f1b493c26ac0756d4106fae5.png[/img]
    I'm not able to get the annoying img tags working again.
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

Xyuzhg and i had the exact sam inital stratagy i see.
    Although,, he had more pinks left than i by 2 on the first picture...-----------------
    puzzled