Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015

So I was trying to make a design where you have to save the famous Joe who's holding on to a mountain for dear life, without breaking him. Unfortunately he breaks under his own weight and I'm not about to go into those super-tiny pieces and manipulate the friction and all.

I tried a second time, using a non breakable rag doll:

The leg breaks off??

Ok, so it's clear I'm not going to be making this design, but it was fun trying!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  

BTW, I realized I saved a version with a bouncy floor. Oops! :) Well, just play it, and if you want to see my honest efforts, delete the second Joe and the bouncy balls on the bottom of the screen-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)

Don't forget to share source code.

In the first case, the problem is a combination of the ridiculously high restitution of the balls which create a change in speed that the joints simply won't be able to handle as well as the magnification of shocks as they travel through the ragdoll. Why don't you use the breakable property of zero-length distance joints instead?

In the second case, hinge joint (#16) is set to automatic detection, so the right leg isn't actually connected to the body. Here's a fix:
    -----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Ok, so on the first one, even if you delete the super-bouncy balls he STILL breaks.
    Also, in the past I had tried using 0LDJs, and they glitch off. Example, they go to a length of about 10 pixels.-----------------