Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2015 edited

I've been working on something I've wanted to do for quite a while now: a simple 3D point projection scheme!

Here's a prototype version:

Newer version below!

Use WASD to move forward/left/back/right, and RF to move up/down.

This is just a basic functional prototype for what I want to show, so I haven't worked out all the kinks in the math yet. If people want me to, I can also implement a polygon renderer (+clipping).-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2015

This is amazing! Great work as always!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

very nice effect! is turning in the works? or are you not working on that?
    • CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015 edited

Here's a minor patched version:

I added a temporary fix to the perspective projection which was causing problems due to the projective system I was using. The main camera focus is also now fixed to the origin, and I have added an aerial view of the world. Note that WASD+RF movements are fixed on the global axes.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

very nice! would be really cool if you added another set of controls to look around [I-J-K-L], and and a field of view onto the overview dot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2015

Wow, impressive. If you make those dots as the corners of polygons (triangles), then you could easily make actual 3D objects to look at, rather then just dots. Though the lag on it is pretty intense. Any way that you could skip per frame calculations that aren't essential? Lol, maybe you could even make a simple 3d model loader.

I may be able to help a little if you need. (Mostly in explanation, rather then any coding.)-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  

Looking over your code, it seems every frame you destroy all of the points and re-clone them. This seems really slow. Why not try to teleport them way off screen, (One teleport command, and allow teleportation all all connected brothers) and then simply teleport them back one by one, as individual shapes. This might help speed up frame rate as it does not have to worry about destroying and recreating objects every frame.-----------------
    •  

TheDude! You're back!

I really don't like it when people leave without telling and come back so casually without acknowledging that they were away. It makes it seem like you got one last chance to use the forum before leaving forever.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2015

I'm sad to report that Xyuzhg said that he has decided to leave the forums as of Aug 31 2015... it's anyone's guess if we'll see him again :/
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2015

Probably when you least expect it.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015

Aww... :(
    Just when I finally got back, too...

I'll miss him. He was awesome.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015

I think I know what's going on. He'll return when this forum is dead, with no one getting on. He'll say to us how we are blah blah not managing the forum well blah blah, and that it was our own fault.

And then everyone gets active again for no reason.

I'm a bit jealous, since I did that on Wikia, but if my prediction is true, he got me first.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2015

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    xyuzhg!!!
    D:

He will be missed.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2015

A moment of silence, for the temporarily departed.
    I want ice cream...-----------------