Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015

Here's a design in which I create a spinning rectangle in order to support the ball. What I tried was to make the motor speed of the hinge go up faster when the ball is farther away, but it doesn't seem to compensate enough, until it gets far, and then it throws the ball away. How to prevent this? I tried a linear relationship but it doesn't work.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015 edited

the problem is you're going by the position of the ball, not the velocity of the ball.
    While the ball is on the right side of the beam, it turns left, even if it is moving left very fast.
    It does not turn to the right until the ballis on the left side of the beam, an it does not move fast enough to catch the ball until the ball is FAR left of the beam.

Use the velocity instead, and you get a result like this. I massively increased the density of the ball to get an initial response.
    It's not the full length of the beam, but it's more what you were expecting I think.

EDIT: I tried to get a combination of location and velocity to work, but I didn't spend too much time on it and couldn't get it in a short time.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2015

Thanks!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    • CommentAuthorlambfbbd
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015 edited

OK! Were stopped into the moving like this.

Catch into the ball Center and then we Need an Stopwatch. The World Record is 5613372284 minutes.