Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited

"ello and welcome back to the bridge challenges!

This season we're doing something special, for each challenge you have to build a bridge, have the car cross the bridge, and then destroy the bridge afterwards!

You may ONLY build in the transparent blue box, and may ONLY attach joints to prebuilt static objects (solid black in color).
    No gravity, triggers, input, forces, ect unless otherwise stated with the exception of using world timers to release certain objects at a certain time.
    These timers must be run once only and can only contain the destroy command to destroy statics that you created and cannot alter the physics of any object.
    A bridge is destroyed if EVERY moveable part of the bridge falls into the void. All statics must be destroyed using timers.

Challenge 1:
    Requirements: The car can NOT flip upside.
    Bonus: Don't use timers or statics.

-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited

No triggers, no statics, no joints, or forces. Just glue.

How it works:
    The bridge is being held down by the immense weight of a super heavy ball. The awkward positions and rotations of the glued shapes cause them to "hold each other up". Like a house of cards. The ball is on a VERY slight slant, so it slowly makes it's away across the mini ramp, and then on the big ramp. This delay gives the car enough time to cross. After that, it falls off of the big ramp (weakening the structure, and it is no longer being held down.), and hits a bar, balanced on a pivot supported by the other half of the bridge. This launches one side up and knocks the already weakened structure out of place, and causes it to fall. There's no longer anything holding the first half up, so it also falls.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

very interesting! I completely forgot about glueing shapes honestly XD.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)

Simple:

No triggers used. Check the design carefully. The bridge transforms into a circle after 400 steps.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  

I literally never knew about modules until just now. o_O-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015

I put lots of effort into this... I hope you like it.... also i deleted the box cuz it was annoying xD

•  

Lol, bet you that one took a while.-----------------

Mathdude, when I said, no triggers, ect, modules and other physics altering functions/commands/triggers/non physics shape thigns are included in that ect...
    Modules aren't an allowed thing -.------------------
    puzzled
    •  

I'm going to make an entry that actually looks cool, but it will likely break all the rules... come back in 9 hours after i get off work to see it :P
    •  

I agree with Puzzle.

@Bio
    "Posted 3 hours ago"
    6 hours until I see it? ._.-----------------
    •  

well, I need to make it first, and hope it looks cool. I have a few ideas, but I'm going home and going to watch Star Wars so I may not have time to do it tonight after all :/ ...
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2015

You may ONLY build in the transparent blue box, and may ONLY attach joints to prebuilt static objects (solid black in color).
    No gravity, triggers, input, forces, ect unless otherwise stated with the exception of using world timers to release certain objects at a certain time.
    These timers must be run once only and can only contain the destroy command to destroy statics that you created and cannot alter the physics of any object.
    A bridge is destroyed if EVERY moveable part of the bridge falls into the void. All statics must be destroyed using timers.

This doesn't mention modules at ALL.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!

No gravity, triggers, input, forces, ECT

the ECT means ECETERA meaning AND THE LIKE.
    modules are INCLUDED within that ect.-----------------
    puzzled
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2015 edited

Challenge 2: Make sure the meteor falls through the bridge before the car passes over the bridge.
    Bonus: Don't use timers.
    Bonus: Do it with only 1 joint

My entry:

-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

99% Complete.
    Couldn't do anything about that last piece. (Note, you said no forces. Does that mean all forces, or just constant forces?

-----------------
    •  

I don't really understand 2...-----------------
    •  

@Mathdude,
    Same rules as challenge 1, except the giant must fall though the bridge before the car crosses.-----------------
    •  

Ok, from now on, PLEASE make the build box a POLYLINE, or formed with distance joints or something. I get so tired of working over a shape and I can't do a lot of editing maneuvers I normally can do.

Does the bridge have to collapse at the end? Because here's a solution if not:

I broke the letter of some laws (no triggers, no building outside the bounds) but those are purely cosmetic and thus obey the spirit of the laws (the trigger just zooms out while the CI shapes make the level solve).
    And I used 1 joint. The three balls are held in place by a weld joint and they function as a hinge without actually being one.-----------------

@TheDude
    Uhh, what just happened in your solution?
    By forces I mean the 4 force thingies. Torque, impulse, linear force, angular force, ect.
    EDIT: after looking at your design in the editor I see that you have 10 shapes but only 8 of them fall through the hole. EVERY shape in your solution must fall through the hole meaning that the 3rd ball that goes up and vanishes would invalidate your solution.

@Mathdude
    You may only attach joints of any kind to the black statics. These joints must also be visible and destroyed at the end.

@Everyone
    The bridge MUST collapse in EVERY challenge. this includes ALL pieces.
    If you find the box abrasive, go ahead and delete it, just make sure you don't go outside it.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

I used the initial forces for which you find in the object properties. These are only forces that apply before the level starts. After the level starts, they have no effect.-----------------

Oh yeah, those are fine.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

Oh, and at the end, I used super restitution (10,000+) circles to destroy the bridge.-----------------
    •  

I'll edit mine later.
    EDIT: Welcome to the most intricate design you've EVER seen! (Well, as an entry for a puzzle geek's challenge.)

So first the drawbridge is deployed. I use immense friction to keep them attached to the wall. The ball goes through and then the bridge is ready. The car goes through, and then a 1,000,000 density ball that was launched at the start returns and smashes the bridge.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015

wow, mathdude, that is a truly awesome design.

although I do kinda dislike the idea of throwing things in the air... seems rather cheap imo
    •  

Ahh! Density! I should've used that one, for the last piece. T_T Why didn't I think of that...-----------------

I'll accept it for now, but in the future I won't allow object being thrown in the air. I will add a red line in which no object my pass through.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015 edited

Wow, #1408762 already? It's been a really long time!
    Let's celebrate this milestone with a 1408762 density block! (Guess which one)
    [edit]Nope, doesn't allow to. It's 1408760.[/edit]
    -----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

My first guess was the tiny one on the left, but now I think it's the small one on the right.
    You're back! Which LD are you doing next?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

Is it the long rectangle?-----------------