Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

Hello!
    Due to the lack of forum activity, I've decided to host The Weekly Games!
    The Weekly Games are several various designs and games posted in this threat that are changed to new ones every week!

My hope is that every active player posts 3 designs a week! One puzzle design, one other CI design, and one non CI design.

Aside from my puzzle, I will be hosting a platforming game called Platform Hero. Additionally, I will be running the weekly newspaper: Insert Title Here

How the puzzle designs are going to be run is as follows: each person will be assigned a certain type of puzzle to make and that type will rotate.

Puzzle rotation:
    Timing
    Logic
    Difficult
    Joint
    Gravity
    Trigger
    Classic

More will be added later.

Current Weekly Games participants:
    Puzzle Geek

Please, if possible, refrain from commenting on this thread unless you are participating for better organization.
    If you are participating, please update the event every Wednesday.-----------------
    puzzled
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2015 edited

Puzzle: Timing

Platform Hero:

Move left: A
    Move right: D
    Jump: W
    Slowdown: Tap the direction key of the direction you wish to slow down in.

Gray: Normal
    Yellow: Speed boosters (sensor)
    Blue: No friction
    Black: High friction
    Green: Bouncy
    White: Goal (sensor)
    All platforms have a restitution of 0

You cannot jump off of solid walls.
    You can jump immediately after landing because there is no bounce.
    You cannot hold jump.
    You do not accelerate infinitely, you have a top speed which can only be broken with speed boosters.
    Bouncy platforms will always bounce you the exact same height regardless of how high you fall from onto it.
    If you jump going upwards on a slanted platform, you jump slightly higher.
    If you fall out of the world, just restart.

Newspaper:

POSSIBLE ATTACK ON COLOR INFECTION FORUM!?
    According to some sources, there has been increased forum activity lately. This, said one source, has lead to the creation of a group called the "Rebellion". According to that source, the Rebellion is a group dedicated to destroying the forum in any way possible. The following is an except from a phone conversation that was tapped:
    Man 1: So, the DDOS is on tonight?
    Man 2: Yeah, the forum won\'t know what hit it.
    When confronted with this overwhelming evidence, BioManiacR2, sheriff of the Color Infection Forum, readily denied it. "There is no Rebellion group, the forum is safe, and these reports are false. I repeat, they are FALSE."
    More information on the matter is pending.

The Search for the Ecological Friendly Grappling Hook
    As many probably know by now, Mathdude314 has been hosting the grappling hook competition. However, this experiment in physics has recently been under scrutiny by environmentalists. Apparently, some of the materials used in the hooks has been chemical treated with a chemical which is killing plant life all around the world. Mathdude314 has denied these allegations, but the environmentalists are persistent. "This Mathdude314 fellow, he is willingly and knowledgeably destroying ecosystems globally!" said one ecologist when asked on his opinion. Many others have strongly agreed, and they are currently in the process of filing a lawsuit.
    -----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

Here's a prototype for an alpha version of a game concept.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2015

yay! I won :D !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015

Puzzle, when will you learn games hosted by you don't end well?

Also, when will you learn the difference between 'your' and 'you're'?
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015

Also, when will you learn not to ignore questions?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  

I feel as if those questions are rhetorical. and even if they weren't I wouldn't have answered them either.

well, I DONT like how no one is deleteing there comments >.<-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2015 edited

*their
    You really need to work on your grammar.

POSSIBLE ATTACK ON COLOR INFECTION FORUM!?
    According to some sources, there has been increased forum activity lately. This, said one source, has lead to the creation of a group called the "Rebellion". According to that source, the Rebellion is a group dedicated to destroying the forum in any way possible. The following is an except from a phone conversation that was tapped:
    Man 1: So, the DDOS is on tonight? Are you a nerd or a googler?
    Man 2: Yeah, the forum won\\'t know what hit it. What forum? Maybe they\\'re killing some other random forum.
    When confronted with this overwhelming evidence, BioManiacR2, sheriff of the Color Infection Forum, readily denied it. "There is no Rebellion group, the forum is safe, and these reports are false. I repeat, they are FALSE."
    More information on the matter is pending.

The Search for the Ecological Friendly Grappling Hook
    As many probably know by now, Mathdude314 has been hosting the grappling hook competition. However, this experiment in physics has recently been under scrutiny by environmentalists. Apparently, some of the materials used in the hooks has been chemical treated with a chemical which is killing plant life all around the world. Mathdude314 has denied these allegations, but the environmentalists are persistent. "This Mathdude314 fellow, he is willingly and knowledgeably destroying ecosystems globally!" said one ecologist when asked on his opinion. Many others have strongly agreed, and they are currently in the process of filing a lawsuit.
    Why pick on ME?
    -----------------
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015 edited

The newspaper is a jokey way of relating the CI events. With the first one, the point is, they DIDN'T say it was the CI forum. and i didn't pick on you specifically, i just looked at what threads were recent in the week and commented on them. Its all about taking current events about what is going on and COMEPLTELY twisting them. Its for humor, oh and FTW I AM such a nerd :)-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2015

Twice in a row one of the news articles has negatively portrayed me. Originally you had an article about me trying to destroy the forum or something.

Yes.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2015

Math idk what you're talking about. I'm with the environmentalists on this one. You need to change your chemical treatment process for your grappling hooks or we're going to have a problem.

uh... no they weren't.
    Last weeks articles were:
    WILD TAPIR SPOTTED
    and
    Color marble race scandal

something like that.
    They were about Tapir being "spotted" and JanroyCyan's marble race that never happened.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  

that's cuz I deleted it. muahahaha.
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2015

I officially end the grappling hook competition!-----------------