Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015 edited

This is a sneak peek at an interesting battle course game I will implement.

Before you press play, guess what the numbers mean. Then, play and see.

Also, here's a basic player:

The system uses a new 360° jumping mechanism, so no matter how many quarter-turns you make, you will always be able to jump. However, there is a bit of a bug on the ramp...
    Challenge 1: Can you get over the left wall?
    Challenge 2: Can you STAY ON the left wall?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015

once AGAIN mathdude, you make the jumping controls sloppily by making everything have restitution
    I HIGHLY suggest that you take a page from my book and set every shapes restitution to 0.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015

I don't know how it works, but I like the box. No idea how the battle course is supposed to work tho
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015 edited

for once could you two not be at war in the forum. I kinda like the restitution on this one and think without it the level might not work.

also, Challenge 3:

(url)
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2015

I personally don't like the restitution works because most of the time when I try to jump I cant because im bouncing ever so slightly off the ground. Also, wall jumping. Could use this concerpt with some refinements to make a good wall jumping technique.
    Bio: We aren't at war... :l-----------------
    puzzled

I AM NOW ALIVE-----------------
    She looked like she had never seen anything
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2016

Well, I did not want the user to be able to CLIMB walls, but they can push off.

Now the player has been resized and adapted to the design. I am not sure if I like the portals conserving momentum or not.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...