Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMadball (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015 edited

Ludum Dare #34 is coming, and I have problems participating. Anyway, here is a warmup game.

I wanted to do something like this for a while. After several tries, I completed the game in 40 seconds. That's what it said. Let's see if anybody will be close to that.
    (Srsly, I challenge you to complete the game in at least less than 60 seconds)

[edit]Oops, totally forgot. WASD to move, mouse to shoot. R to reset.[/edit]
    [edit2]Okay, this version shows miliseconds now. I'm out for 2 days. I hope some somebody will have beaten my 40 secs when I return. (I already did :P)
    No, srsly, being able to complete it that fast is the main idea of this game. If nobody does, I'll post a walkthrough.[/edit2]-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

woo! This is cool Madball! I took my time and took 285 seconds. didn't really go fast because I was trying to avoid being hit.

I think it would be better if the health didn't regenerate, then see if you can beat it at all haha.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

re-tried and it took me 104.28 seconds, and I thought I was rushing... Are you sure you didn't have some sort of machine gun when you did this in 40 seconds?
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015 edited

89.84 seconds... and I booked it and didn't kill half of them... i still think under 40 is impossible without a machine gun.

EDIT: 76.16 seconds... also i found a bug that you can press D and then A again to trigger the fade out and time update multiple times...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2015

117.28. Reminds me of X-Subject. When I rush, I can't kill enemies... what's your strategy, Bio?-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2015

65.88 seconds. getting better.

Strategy? Don't Die.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

I'm back...
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Did you notice that it's in the "puzzles" category?
    I don't think you can get 60 seconds with your current strategy.-----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

57.08 Seconds... I did find another strategy but it still didn't help that much... although I did still kill them all...

can't get past them without killing them so unless you get lucky and somehow get lucky and don't die, then I can't seem to find another way
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015 edited

103 seconds, I can't understand it! I thought I would do really good!
    I can't seem to be able to coerce the top left enemy to press the switch.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015 edited

Seems like BioManiac found something useful. I wonder what.
    Well, how about hint #1:

You can move a box to block the top door from closing. Then press the switch and walk out, skipping the box-pushing puzzle.
    There is also a faster version of this trick.
    -----------------
    LD35!
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015

I found the faster version when I got 57 seconds. That is the only trick I found tho, getting below 40 is still very difficult without miraculously surviving the 7 enemies in the bottom and the boss on the 2nd room...
    •  

Since you did it already, here is some more hints:

Surviving enemies in the bottom is necessary (it\'s not that hard). Fighting the boss isn\'t required though.

How about walking out of the elevator after activating it?

-----------------
    LD35!
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)

wow im slow, 70.2-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015 edited

ok I'm done.

(url)
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015

*clap clap clap*
    I'm thinking about a version where you can pause and choose controls for each frame, allowing you to complete the game as quick as possible. That would take a lot of effort though...-----------------
    LD35!
    •  

I'd just use triggers to change the commands. No need to make a special version for it I think

Move thisway
    shoot thatway
    wait 30steps
    move different way
    shoot otherway
    wait 40 steps
    etc
    •  

Also, I'll give you the first part with the door being puzzle-like, but the 2nd part to avoid the boss isn't puzzle-like at all imo, it's more of an exploit... even if it is intended.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015 edited

67.29, I used a box to activate the elevator and walked out, past the boss. The only other object to block the gate would be an enemy, and I don't think it will work.
    EDIT: I got it to work, but then I lost.-----------------