Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2016

Okay, so I know this is a classic, but I really wanted to post SOMETHING to bring back this forum.

Anyway, would you rather:
    • have super intelligence or super strength?
    • be the leader of a colony on Mars or end hunger in your home country?
    • have an IQ of 400 while 99% of the population is under 60, or have 60 IQ but 99% of the population is 200?
    • get $1000 (or £1000 or whatever) right now, or ten times that eight years from now?
    • cure cancer or end world hunger?
    • see all of your dream features come to CIE, or have 30 new members join CIF tomorrow?

Some ones where I'm not sure if they're positive or negative, it's all up to you:
    • have CIF suddenly get 4,000 members over the next two weeks — half of them not interested in CIE at all, -or-, have CIF and Phyard permanently die (but you keep your designs)?
    • get praised for a design you spent 20 minutes on, or spend a week on a design and get ignored completely?

Some negative ones:
    • definitely die exactly 20 years from now, or randomly die at an unexpected time 30-40 years from now?
    • lose all your designs in CIE or have your computer stolen and all backups fail?
    • lose your best design or all your designs except that one?

This last group is a little different. I'll give you a scenario, and you have to decide if you want to do it or not.
    Do you accept, or decline?
    - You live to be 400 years old... but you have to accept whatever happens to humanity.
    - You have an IQ of 500 now... but it drops by one every week until you reach 80.
    - You are world famous... for something you didn't do, and it's impossible to convince the public.
    - You enter a time vortex thing where you are given information about every living human on the planet. You must choose 10% of them to kill, and this entire procedure will take less than a millisecond of "rest-of-the-world" time. After it's done you will forget all about it and nobody will know it was you.
    - Same as above but you must kill 50% of them.
    - You get to take up to 6,000 people and whatever existing technology you want to start a colony on another planet... but you cannot communicate with Earth ever again.
    - You become super durable, able to withstand 10-meter head-first falls to concrete without a scratch... but you are stuck living in the 1870s.
    - You never need to sleep... but this fact goes viral on the internet (everyone who knows you knows you have the ability.)

Okay, I think that's enough for now.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2016

• have super intelligence or super strength?
    Super intelligence, definitely.
    • be the leader of a colony on Mars or end hunger in your home country?
    Mars colony if I can communicate with and fly back to Earth, end hunger otherwise.
    • have an IQ of 400 while 99% of the population is under 60, or have 60 IQ but 99% of the population is 200?
    Option 1. I could fix the world, especially since I\\\'m not the only one above 60...
    • get $1000 (or £1000 or whatever) right now, or ten times that eight years from now?
    I\\\'d like option two, $10,000 eight years from now.
    • cure cancer or end world hunger?
    Cure cancer.
    • see all of your dream features come to CIE, or have 30 new members join CIF tomorrow?
    30 members. The flow of members would motivate Tapir to improve the editor!

• have CIF suddenly get 4,000 members over the next two weeks — half of them not interested in CIE at all, -or-, have CIF and Phyard permanently die (but you keep your designs)?
    4,000 members.
    • get praised for a design you spent 20 minutes on, or spend a week on a design and get ignored completely?
    Option 1. I could always remove the design.

• definitely die exactly 20 years from now, or randomly die at an unexpected time 30-40 years from now?
    Unexpected death
    • lose all your designs in CIE or have your computer stolen and all backups fail?
    Lose all CIE designs
    • lose your best design or all your designs except that one?
    Best design, since I have quite a few that are like that

[spolier2=Do I Accept?]
    - You live to be 400 years old... but you have to accept whatever happens to humanity.
    Accept. I will know I always have the chance to continue reforms.
    - You have an IQ of 500 now... but it drops by one every week until you reach 80.
    Decline! I would rather keep my current intelligence than end up an idiot after less than ten years.
    - You are world famous... for something you didn\'t do, and it\'s impossible to convince the public.
    Decline! I couldn\\'t take that amount of fame if I didn\\'t even do it.
    - You enter a time vortex thing where you are given information about every living human on the planet. You must choose 10% of them to kill, and this entire procedure will take less than a millisecond of "rest-of-the-world" time. After it\'s done you will forget all about it and nobody will know it was you.
    I\\'m not going to tell, but I have a position.
    - Same as above but you must kill 50% of them.
    My position on this variant is the same as the last one.
    - You get to take up to 6,000 people and whatever existing technology you want to start a colony on another planet... but you cannot communicate with Earth ever again.
    Hmmm... this one\\'s tough. But I\\'d decline.
    - You become super durable, able to withstand 10-meter head-first falls to concrete without a scratch... but you are stuck living in the 1870s.
    Nope! I couldn\\'t stand living in the 1870s.
    - You never need to sleep... but this fact goes viral on the internet (everyone who knows you knows you have the ability.)
    Nope! I would like the ability but I would never be able to take the intense "fame".
    [/spoiler2]

I will add some more questions tomorrow and answer them.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2016

Although the effort is nice, I feel that so much text would actually hurt the forum more because no one would want to read it. instead of a lot to read, i think a small game made on CIE would be much more effective. Or maybe I will start bumping old threads... one a day... give us stuff to look at.
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

I like that idea but I am surprised you didn't answer the questions.-----------------
    This reminds me of Wine or Cheese.

Except without the story

Life or death, Wine or cheese.-----------------
    She looked like she had never seen anything
    quite so horrible
    in all her life
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2016

I didn't answer the questions because I didn't want to. I joined this forum to talk about CIE stuff and answering random questions or playing the WW game, etc, is not why I'm here, and I feel that is part of the reason the forum died, because we stopped posting CIE related things and became too busy with our other activities. I'm going to go ahead and bump a random thread from now on and we will discuss it. Grave digging is now encouraged.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

My Responses,
    1) Super Intelligence, easy.
    2) Eh, end world hunger I guess. I have no interest in leadership.
    3) IQ of 400. To be honest, it already feels like this one's true...
    4) $1,000 now. Screw the future!!
    5) End world hunger. Cancer actual effects a very low percent of the population, and there's many worse ways to die.
    6) 30 new members tomorrow. I haven't used the editor in ages. I use the forums for more social aspects, rather then game design nowadays. The editor features don't really effect me anymore. I write my own game engines.

7) 4,000 members. If half are uninterested, then chances are roughly 2,000 will leave within a month. Of the other 2,000, this will highly bring the forum to life, which may be pretty fun. A lot of the excess will probably drop out due to over crowding, so the numbers will start to stabilize after about 2 or 3 months. We'll also get a lot more interesting designs being posting. I'd like to see them.
    8) Praise for a 20 minute design. That's basically what my Friction Ball design was. To this day, it's still the top 5th most played design on Phyard, and I only spent about 45 minutes on it.

9) I think you may have worded this one wrong. Basically you just asked do I want to die in 20 years, or ~35 years. Well, duh, I want to live longer. 30-40.
    10) Lose all designs on CIE. I haven't touched them for over 2 years, and don't remember most of them. My computer is $3,000+, and I'm not losing it.
    11) I don't know if I really have a best design. I don't remember most of my designs, really. So, keep the best design? Chances are 90% of my designs suck already, so not much of a loss.

12) Accept. I already expect humanity to destroy itself within the next 30 years. Screw humans, I'll live to be immortal on an island alone. :P
    13) Hmm, roughly 7 years of being gifted, and 1 year of average to below average intelligence. Then the rest of my life largely below average... Decline I guess. Shame, such a waste.
    14) Umm... hard to say. I don't mind stealing some else's credit, just hard to say if I want to be famous or not. Eh, sure, way not. Accept.
    15) Wait, do I remember the information I was given? If I do, then Accept. I could know everything they know, and can do a lot with it. Plus, if I didn't remember it, mortals kinda go out the window, anyway. Otherwise Decline.
    16) Hmm... Harder to say. At that point, I'd just Decline. What good is all that information if there's no one to use it with.
    17) Decline. I have no interest in colonization or space flight.
    18) Decline. I don't get hurt much anyway. And when I do, it's rarely severe. Definitely not worth that loss in technology.
    19) Accept. Why would I not?-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2016 edited

9. The point of the shorter life option is that you know exactly when you will die. Is living 10..20 years longer worth not knowing? It is for me.
    15, 16. You forget all the extra information you earned inside the vortex. You do not forget anything you learned in real space. You essentially come out of the portal as if it didn't happen, except for the deaths you caused.
    19. I guess that implies that it going viral on the net is not a problem to you. It is to me.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2016

15 ant 16 still confuse me then. You said I would forget everything. If I forget everything, then I would also forget everything I learned from the other people. In which case, the end result would be that I gained absolutely nothing, and 10% of the population died.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2016

Exactly. But you get to choose which 10%, so you could kill off all the criminals....

But is it really worth it?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016

So in the end, your question is would I kill off 10% off all people? Then no. I would not.-----------------
    1.Super intelligence - Knowledge is power
    2.End hunger - It really hard to controls ppl
    3.IQ of 400 - Al least I can teach people.
    4. $10,000 - I can wait for that.
    5.Cure cancer
    6.30 members. - I stopped make design long ago.

7.4,000 members - Hope it will have some Thai members :D
    8. get praised for a design you spent 20 minutes on

9.Unexpected death - Corresponded with something that my religion always teach.
    10.lose all your designs in CIE - At least I can make new one.
    11.all your designs except that one - same at above

12.Accept - Still hope it will better than today.
    13.Decline - 110 is enough.
    14.Decline - I don't need that anyways.
    15.Decline - I don't want to kill people.
    16.Decline - Same as above
    17.Accept - Earth is screwed up with lot of disaster.
    18.Decline - No internet??? Nooooo :(
    19.Accept - I don't care about that.-----------------
    Addicted to Rōblox...
    Studying engineering in university.
    Operating temperature 16 - 38 °C