Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016 edited

So I wanted to make a game like this but it turned out just wrong. I can't get enough speed to do any kinds of tricks, because when I try, the car gets caught on the sharp edge and bad things happen.

I tried again making a few tweaks, and it works better (press 1 and 2, or 9 and 0, to spin):

But whenever the car does large numbers of rotations it stumbles or just falls on its top and loses durability.
    EDIT: I had to multiply the damage by 32 because what should have been break impact was taking away like 3-6% of the durability... and also, there is now an actual death if you run out.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016

interesting game, sadly I died with 0 score :(
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2016

Congratulations! You got the highest possible score!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2016

Okay, I added a simple score mechanism: your angular velocity (in radians) is multiplied by 0.1 and added to your score every frame.
    -----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2016 edited

now i got over 10k score..... and just sorta gave up playing xD

although you die instantly now?

EDIT: 20k...

going to edit this and add a different scoring system, something more meaningful - ie: Number of flips, max height.

Maybe we can think of more things to add?
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016 edited

Changed Score system to work by best height and best flip.

My scores:
    Best Flip - 86
    Best Height - 276
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016

I can't pass the third distance joint... except when I zoom out after the car breaks. But the 100 markers are misplaced, because 0 should be the top of the ramp, not the initial location minus five.

I got a best flip of 67 twice by sacrificing the car... and one time it landed perfectly. Also, I can seem to get 300+ distance easily once the car breaks.-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2016

I have yet to get past the 3rd distance joint either since that would be 300, and I'm not sure what you mean it being easy to pass once the car breaks, because the score stops increasing then?
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016 edited

I zoom out and look at the wheels, which I can still control. I haven't gotten "400" with them though (I zoom out twice, so that would be the height of the screen).

I needed access to the source code in order to add some changes I want to add, though I got it. For example, I think the height should start at the tip of the ramp.

Okay, so I did that.... BUT, in return, I powered EVERYTHING up: the wheel torque, wheel friction, spinning torque, and impact resistance (you now take 75% less damage!)

STILL can't break 300... but I can get where 300 was.

This time, the curve is smaller, which may give you needed straight wall to align the car perfectly with the landing zone.

-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016

looks really good! So what are you planning to add next ?
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2016

I don't know... maybe, more kinds of tricks to do, or unlocking faster speeds.-----------------
    • CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Uhh... I keep going off the side and missing the half pipe entirely, falling out of the world...-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Perhaps you should NOT hold 1, 2, 9, or 0 when at the top of the ramp?-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

I haven't had any problems with it. In fact, I can score fairly easily.
    I'm just too lazy to go for anything more then a couple of flips. It's basically just the same key strokes over and over in timed pattern.

It might be pretty interesting if you added objects over time, like bird that fly over the ramp that you crash into, or spikes that come out of the ground at timed intervals.
    Just to give it a challenge.-----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.