Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2016 edited

I'm sure some of you have heard the Three Green Glass Doors puzzle, where certain things can go through the doors and certain things can't. You have to figure out the pattern.
    If you haven't, here it is.
    Enter a noun into the text field and press the Enter button on screen. The design will tell you if that thing can go through the doors.

Three, green, glass, and doors all work.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I was thinking about this and I decided to come up with a forum game based on the idea, but for my version it uses numbers instead of words and it has a different rule. Here's my version of the game:

The Number Rule Guessing Game
    I am thinking of a rule that deals with positive integers. I will tell you three that follow the rule and three that don't.
    Now you try to figure out the rule. This probably isn't enough information to determine the rule, so I'll establish rules about getting additional information.
    You can have 3 pending numbers (per user) at once. (So you can write 3 numbers, then I check them, then you write 3 more, then I check them, etc. This is to stop 1, 2, 3, ... and gets you thinking about things more strategically.)

Here's a compilation of what you know so far (italics represents the initial given information):
    Follow: 21439, 145, 12321
    Break: 314, 927532, 7

After this one is cracked, I'll establish guidelines on how to create the puzzles.

EDIT: Right after releasing the puzzle I decided it was better to invert my rule, so what before failed now follows the rule.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2016

It took me a while to figure this out because I was trying to think of physical things that could go through physical doors so I was really confused at first, but then I realized it was a word game and figured it out easily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheDudeFromCI (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2016

I don't understand the numbers at all. What do they have to do with the design? Or what words are accepted and which ones aren't? I've read it 4 times.

As for the words,

any word with 2 or more repeating letters will pass.
    -----------------
    Orange is my favorite number.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2016

Let me explain this better.
    I liked the idea of the puzzle, so I made my own twist using numbers instead of words and with my own rule.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016

oh, there's another game with numbers? Why not edit your current CIE level to adapt whatever rule you have? Source code is already disabled :P