Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2016 edited

This is something I created due to boredom. Touching anything red means death. Good luck! It is not very good yet, so wait until I can work on it more.
    EDIT: New obstacle, and a distance tool. Still no score function.
    EDIT v0.7: New obstacle and you control a car instead of a circle. STILL no score function!

TODO:
    • Score
    • More obstacles
    • Levels (so L1 gives obstacles A,B,C,D; L2 gives E..J, L3 gives K..R, etc)
    • better UI
    • more types of blocks (i.e. not just static, breakable, deadly)
    • delete systems that are too far left

I find the turnstile tricky simply because I tend to release it later than I should. So when you see the turnstile, just remember: it turns slower than you think.

I have not really documented how to make obstacles, but basically you have to set the border color of a static platform, then assign it to the Entity Assigner.
    The red is the x-deviant and green is y-deviant plus 64, so an obstacle 12 blocks wide and finishes 4 meters higher would be set as 0x0c3c00. If it were instead 6 meters lower you would use 0x0C4600.
    Score will be for completing an obstacle, but since I will likely use the blue border color, it will be based on 16s...

There are a few other things you have to keep in mind that I know intuitively. Oh well, maybe I can work more later.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    • CommentAuthorAlexi247
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016

I got 51m-----------------
    Any helps for beginners?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2016

this is really cool Mathdude! I really like this! I got 392m before I died but I still had a score of 0 :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2016

Yes, the score is supposed to be based on the difficulty of obstacles, so some are worth more. Since I use blue border color, the scores will be based on 16 instead of 10, so you might get 48 on a bad run and 1024 on a good one.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...