Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

Here it is. The battle of precision versus intelligence.
    • I prefer to use 1 and 2 for movement and 9 and 0 for flippers, but there are two other control schemes.
    • The AI is pretty strong. Inspect the source to make sure it is not unfairly better than you.
    • There was a bug where the AI would hold the ball forever against the wall and never let go of the flipper. I tried to fix this but it is so hard to test.
    Yes there is gravity! It is on the side the ball is on. If the ball is overlapping your line (you are blue) then it falls towards you.
    BUG: The motors seem to turn a short time after they are signaled to. This happens in the AI as well so it can't be the key commands.

• The AI will move to find the ball. The flippers register if the ball is within an area in front of them.
    • Ironically, while you can try to shoot the ball to the side, a more effective approach is to send it right between the flippers to confuse him. Or send it fast enough so that they don\'t even register in time (see the delayed motor bug).
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016

cool game! not sure why there is such a delay on the controls tho?

also it would be nice if the puck starting point didn't shoot right into my net before i can even react... it got 2 or 3 automatic points.
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016

1. The movement controls are delayed to prevent "shooting" the ball with your side things. The hinges are delayed for no apparent reason - the AI suffers from this too.
    2. I want to increase the play size soon!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016

I tried to fix the lag and made some changes to the controls, now shoot is K and L

Might change it again, not sure yet. g2g now tho so I'm posting what I have

•  

The tips of the squares should be able to penetrate into the side walls, but the flipper pieces should not.-----------------
    •  

ah, they were originally but I changed it so they couldn't because it made it look weird xD
    •  

Yeah, but now the ball can get stuck on e sides forcing you to... uh... SHOOT IT.

Did you destroy the existing controls?-----------------
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2016

open it in the editor, I used entirely different trigger controls.
    •  
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2016

Too easy. I got 11-0 immediately after 11-6'ing my own design.-----------------