Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2016 edited

I made a strange puzzle (took me about an hour). It seems to use the CI colors, but it is different. You will have to figure out what to do.

What I am telling you:
    • Click the squares in the grid to change their CI type. (They all start gray.)
    • Each row and column contains each color exactly once.
    • Examine the level for clues, all of which are in plain sight.

If you are stuck, there is a detailed explanation in the editor, along with the answer. (Though I didn't get the solution for the new version written down yet.)-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorVanderwaal
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2016 edited

I'm pretty sure what kind of puzzle this is, but seems like there are multiple solutions.

1 4 3 5 6 2
    5 1 2 6 4 3
    3 5 4 1 2 6
    4 3 6 2 5 1
    2 6 1 4 3 5
    6 2 5 3 1 4

and

2 4 3 5 6 1
    5 2 1 6 4 3
    3 5 4 2 1 6
    4 3 6 1 5 2
    1 6 2 4 3 5
    6 1 5 3 2 4

both seem valid. The difference is in the 1's and 2's. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more solutions.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2016 edited

Oh man. You are right. I must have copied something incorrectly from the puzzle generator site, or else they goofed.

I wish it was randomized, but now that you mention multiple solutions...

EDIT: Those solutions are quite different from mine...

2 4 3 5 6 1
    5 1 4 6 3 2
    4 5 1 3 2 6
    1 6 2 4 5 3
    3 2 6 1 4 5
    6 3 5 2 1 4

EDIT 2: Ah, I see the problem! In the original puzzle, some of the numbers were pre-given!

I think I will generate a new puzzle and say something like "tiles with a border are fixed and cannot be changed."

EDIT 3: I generated a new puzzle, this time I used the initial clues in it. Hopefully there is now one solution.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016

Interesting puzzle! It took me a while to figure out what to do, I had absolutely no idea until I read the instructions, and even then I was quite confused... maybe I shouldn't start puzzles at 1:30 AM anymore...

Posting my solution to your newly generated puzzle

6 5 4 1 2 3
    4 3 6 2 5 1
    2 6 1 4 3 5
    1 2 3 5 6 4
    5 4 2 3 1 6
    3 1 5 6 4 2

I do like this idea, but I dislike the way the system works right now with the clicking and starting all grey, so I'm going to work on an alternate number button press option, as well as make them start all white and then cycle through the other colours.
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2016

Part of it was trying to make it a bit hard to understand what is going on. Once you do, the puzzle is easy.-----------------
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2016

yay! I finished programming it so that it reads the numbers on the side and then checks all the rows / columns to see if it can "see" the correct number of towers. If it does, it plays the win screen. Still need to add the one colour per row/column check tho.

EDIT: my mom went on my computer and closed the internet. Yes, CIE does give a warning if you close all tabs, and yes, she clicked close anyway. She's an idiot.

I do not think I will be restarting anytime soon. Sorry guys.