Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2017 edited

I was trying to make a simple multiplayer game. I think I forgot that those two adjectives cannot easily describe the same noun in CIE...
    • At the start of each round you select Climb or Knot. The actual actions are explained in game. (I also had a third option, Sabotage, but I dropped it.)
    • Each one sends that very string as a ByteArray.
    • The actions channel is a WeGo channel that holds the actions until everyone plays.
    • However, since the game involves randomness, I set a random seed (trigger #6 InstanceInfoChanged, lines 21-30) and send it out to both players.
    PROBLEM: Even though both players are using the same random seed (this is confirmed), the players quickly go out of sync. (Choose "climb" for both players and keep going many times.) The seed and RNG is created on line 4 of trigger #8, and numbers are generated randomly on line 20 of that same trigger.

Why is the same seed creating horribly different random values? How can I fix this?

(Note: I thought of some system where on each turn each side automatically picks a random 0-1 and sends it over, then they are added and taken mod 1. But it seems like this could be cheated.)-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2017

The bug has been fixed.
    Before, the 4 random slots are not independent.-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard