Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorXyuzhg (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017 edited

Here's another tool from me.

This is a system that allows you to add CSS-style transitions to your levels. These transitions can be applied to many properties (simultaneously), are managed automatically, and are guaranteed to finish with the target value. For an overview of transitions in CSS3, see here: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_t...

Here's a showcase:

Clean import version (also included are two utility functions which can be deleted):

[• property: description (value info)]
    • x: shape x position (m)
    • y: shape y position (m)
    • rotation: shape rotation angle (degrees)
    • scale: shape scale
    • radius: circle radius (m)
    • width: rectangle width (m)
    • height: rectangle height (m)
    background-color: shape background color (0x######)
    • background-opacity: shape background opacity ([0,1])
    • border-color: shape border color (0x######)
    • border-opacity: shape border opacity ([0,1])
    • border-width: shape border width (m)
    • opacity: shape opacity/alpha ([0,1])

The following properties require manual setting of the starting value (see showcase for example) because of a lack of a Get API. If the starting value is not specified, it is assumed to be the default value.
    • border-radius: rectangle border corner radius (px)
    • font-size: text entity font size
    • color: text entity text color (0x######)

All CSS3 timing functions (except inherit) are supported, with the modification that the default is linear. See here for details: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css...

• cubic-bezier(n,n,n,n) is implemented using a binary search with step error ≤ 0.125, but it may have numerical errors.
    • The second argument steps(n,start|end) is not optional (though it is in CSS).
    • The level is best set to a reduced step time length (<0.0167 s/step) for smoother animations (actually this step length should be default).
    • If the values cubic-bezier or steps are found with incorrect argument counts, they are respectively assumed to mean ease and step-end.

As usual, bug reports and feature requests are welcome. I do plan to extend this to CSS-style animations.-----------------
    Hopefully PA is inconsistent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017

WOW!!-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2017

GG Xyuzhg, always making great libraries of great stuff :P We should sticky this post!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTapir
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2017

xyuzhg, this is cool!
    This is what I have mentioned many times, which is to be but still haven't been implemented "buffer" feature. :D-----------------
    My games: Tapir Games
    My phyards: Tapir@phyard
    •  
      CommentAuthorMaceater
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017

Wow man! That's pretty cool!-----------------
    I'm Anti-Virus!