Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormeh
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017

so I recreated geometry dash in phyard www.phyard.com/design/meh/69 But Im going to post it here too. Recreated the mobile game app Geometry dash on phyard.

Controls: Space to jump

I tried to make it as close as possible like in the game. But It seems the editor cannot handle this much entities. I was originally planning to make it 60 fps. But because there's so many entities. I lowered it down to 40 and it's a little bit laggy. The controls are a little bit Unfinished.

All of them are created with entities. only the background and title used images. I still dont know how to add sounds so it's pretty dull compared to the real game. It's only up to 30% of the original level 1 map.

It seems like the file itself is too big for post so just go here. www.phyard.com/design/meh/69

I want to know how to make it go 60 fps in any way but still looking like the real game. Also I would like to know how to set angle. Like if it hits something it automatically rotates to that angle. whatever the angle of the box is. I cant find it. So that even if it's spinning rapidly, It will stay at the same play. and will not hit the floor at an angle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2017

That is a very well done level! it's quite hard though for me due to the physics.

To rotate a block you need to add a RotateTo or RotateAround, found under Shape -> Common

here is an example:

• CommentAuthormeh
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2017 edited

What I mean is if the block was already in rotation and it hits the ground in an angle. I want it to set it to it's original angle when or before It hits the ground. Is there any way to set the angle of an entity if OnPhysicsContact?

•  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2017

You can still use the API that I described above. Use the RotateTO and then select 0 as the rotation you want to have it set to.
    If you put this API inside a "on entity collision" handler it will execute anytime the main block hits another block.