Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuzzle geek (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2017 edited

No, I don't mean it's been a while since I was last semi-active, only 4 months in that case.
    I mean it's been a long time that I've been a part of the forum, and I felt like it was time to reminisce.

I'm now 18 (as of a few days ago), I just finished high school, and I just got thinking about how long CIF has been a part of my life.
    8 full years, that isn't a small amount of time, especially for people as young as we are. And it's amazing that we've stuck it out for so long, never given the forum up.
    But then we have to think about all the people who no longer visit the forum, and that part is slightly sad.

Madball
    Golden Actor
    Griz
    Firemil
    MCC
    Monotof
    Jn244
    DanielG
    Fortray
    Shamrock
    William758
    Bluefeonix
    Custard
    Ranthowis
    Monkey
    Darkid
    And so many more that I can't list

It leads us to thinking: Is the forum dying? Are we all just growing up and moving on? It's a pity that this sort of game isn't popular anymore among youth today.
    But enough with the tears.
    I have more free time now, so hopefully I'll be a little more active.-----------------
    puzzled
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2017

I hope you are delighted that one of your threads came back. I also hope you did not forget everything about that thread. I hope that users start logging on more. In the past 3 months I can only remember 2 times where I logged into chat and was able to converse with another logged in user. Perhaps that number is actually more but I can only remember 2.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2017

Mad all and Fire Mill are sort of kind of sometimes around.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorGolden Actor (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2017

Boo!
    :)

I think possibly the game got too technical and harder for new people to engage with - then as you say, those of us who were about in the classic days have grown up finding that jobs take much more time than school!

It's kinda crazy to think we've known each other for 8 years now, and most of us were probably kids... (apart from Griz, pretty sure he was 90 years old!)

I've learnt from this, in hindsight, that it's better to introduce few simple, easy-to-use features, over many complicated features... I kinda enjoyed working out how to make my designs work without triggers - that was the fun challenge in design creation for me.-----------------
    Your online buddy:
    ~Golden Actor~
    Advanced Moderator
    •  
      CommentAuthorBioManiac R2 (Moderator)
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2017

well written puzzle geek. I was around 16-17 when I joined the forum and am glad I got to know all of the members that have since left.
    It's pretty awesome to have been around for the progression of CIE from a simple physics engine games builder with color infection puzzles to a programming language with endless 2D possibilities!
    I Hope everyone is doing well and we can continue to check in from time to time and have an urge to create things like we did back over the last few really active years of the forum.